Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Open: Emma Raducanu living 'every 18-year-old's dream'

LV-426

35 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I thought both  their post match interviews (on court after the match) were v. good, for two teenagers.

It was incredible.

There have been a few players recently who could certainly take a leaf out of the book from these two young women.

They both came across as very mature for their ages, especially given the intensity of the occasion.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

You are completely wrong on several points. It is not illegal to seek asylum. It is incorrect to call the people on dingies "illegal". And their advocates have been saying for years that the UK should provide safe "legal" passage for them, not advocating illegally (against maritime law) turning the dingies around and trying  to force them out of our territorial waters.The Brexiters, notably our Home Secretary, most definately do have a problem with legal asylum. I'm not advocating either way, I am just pointing  out that like most Brexiters you are mistaken on facts.

The idea of illegal immigrants crossing The Channel raises thr question of the origin of the voyage.  You'd have to guess they're embarking from a signatory of The Refugees Convention; and, Britain is not the first country of asylum.

50 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The idea of illegal immigrants crossing The Channel raises thr question of the origin of the voyage.  You'd have to guess they're embarking from a signatory of The Refugees Convention; and, Britain is not the first country of asylum.

I don't understand this.

I believe this is the true position:

What is a bogus asylum-seeker?  

There is no such thing as a bogus asylum-seeker or an illegal asylum-seeker. As an asylum-seeker, a person has entered into a legal process of refugee status determination. Everybody has a right to seek asylum in another country. People who don't qualify for protection as refugees will not receive refugee status and may be deported, but just because someone doesn't receive refugee status doesn't mean they are a bogus asylum-seeker. 

Let us remember that a bogus asylum-seeker is not equivalent to a criminal; and that an unsuccessful asylum application is not equivalent to a bogus one - Kofi Annan

Have a look at this: UNHCR - Asylum in the UK

And why do you think your last sentece is relevant?

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Thanks 1

Apparently the call to keep the politics out wasn't received.

Requesting this thread is closed.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked