Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing persons 'eaten by Yowie', hunter claims

UM-Bot

Yowies sound likely to me from the quantity, quality and consistency of reports. I wonder if they have attributes we would call paranormal to avoid detection and capture as the more familiar Bigfoot seems to have.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

I have spent literally dozens of seconds researching this topic, so compared to you I'm quite the expert.

Yowies are reported as somewhere between 7 and 12 feet tall, with black or red or brown or sandy hair or fur over most or all of their bodies.  They walk erect or stooped or on all fours.  They are vegetarians or carnivores and are solitary or live in family groups.  Is this what you call 'quality and consistent reporting'?

And then the usual cop-out of the uneducated and gullible: to explain the ZERO evidence for their existence they must have 'paranormal attributes to avoid detection'.  They can be seen by the human eye but they can't be photographed because... dem got paranormal powers.  They must be heavy, but they don't leave footprints because... dem got paranormal powers.  They roam far and wide but whenever they encounter humans they're always distant and indistinct because...  They never leave any hair or poo or dead yowies or nests or any traces because...  

because...

... they don't exist.

You might as well go look for that other mythical creature - the sober Australian.

They are mysterious beasts to us no doubt. But this guy has apparently dedicated dozens of hours or days or whatever to all this to exceed even your efforts. Article highlights:

Co-founder of the Yowie Research Group, he and his colleagues have amassed a large collection of sighting reports, photographs and audio recordings captured in the country's huge national parks.

He also claims to have witnessed Yowies with his own eyes.

"I recently saw Yowies running at superhuman speeds north of Bullsbrook," he said.

I must fairly wonder if 'a large collection of sighting reports, photographs and audio recordings' can be all just hoaxes/misidentification? Possibly of course, but I have already become certain that this world is stranger than we understand.

Papameter Reading

Yowies Exist  88%      All Hoaxes/Misidentification  12%

23 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

. . .  but I have already become certain that this world is stranger than we understand.

Papameter Reading

Yowies Exist  88%      All Hoaxes/Misidentification  12%

Me too, with your every post.

PapaJohn meter: Leftovers in the trash attracting flies.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 5

Likely BS.  The Australians are notorious for blowing things all out of proportion and outright lying.  You have to remember they are descendants of convicts, pick-pockets and prostitutes. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

"I recently saw Yowies running at superhuman speeds north of Bullsbrook," he said.

Sounds like more than one yowie in this footrace.   If I thought they ate people and  I saw a group racing at superhuman speed, I would get out of there  fast.  Must be the explanation for the lack of supporting images.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I must fairly wonder if 'a large collection of sighting reports, photographs and audio recordings' can be all just hoaxes/misidentification?

Maybe.  Could be just a shaman traveling through dream time in his spirit body.  Might be wanting to check in and see if civilization has ended yet making it more to come back.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Article highlights:

Co-founder of the Yowie Research Group, he and his colleagues have amassed a large collection of sighting reports, photographs and audio recordings captured in the country's huge national parks.  He also claims to have witnessed Yowies with his own eyes.  "I recently saw Yowies running at superhuman speeds north of Bullsbrook," he said.

Highlights?  Really?

Meanwhile, back in the real world, there are mysterious creatures that deserve thorough investigation.  There are small people with hairy feet who live underground, there are pale people with pointy ears who live in trees (well, some of them), there are small fat people with beards and axes, there are trees that walk and talk, and all sorts of other wonderful creatures.  There is a vast amount of evidence for them - books, photographs, even video recordings up to three hours long.  In 4K resolution.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Highlights?  Really?

Meanwhile, back in the real world, there are mysterious creatures that deserve thorough investigation.  There are small people with hairy feet who live underground, there are pale people with pointy ears who live in trees (well, some of them), there are small fat people with beards and axes, there are trees that walk and talk, and all sorts of other wonderful creatures.  There is a vast amount of evidence for them - books, photographs, even video recordings up to three hours long.  In 4K resolution.

Every so often, I consume cookies baked by the pointy-eared ones who live in the trees!  What more evidence do I need?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Highlights?  Really?

I was only commenting on the Yowie in this thread. Many real people seem to be making real and serious reports.

"There are a lot of people who go missing in the bush and the cases remain unsolved and it is usually put down to a homicide,"

One thing is for sure, 100's of people go missing with out a trace in places like  the outback, the American north west each year, and according to the History channel show Missing in Alaska 1 in 5 people go missing in that State each year.

If this many people can vanish in the wilderness and their remains never found does lend credence to the fact no remains of a bigfoot type creature ever being found and there is no doubt a whole lot less of them if they indeed exist. 

15 minutes ago, Socio said:

One thing is for sure, 100's of people go missing with out a trace i

Wonder how many are in the witness protection program.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Wonder how many are in the witness protection program.

Now see ...  that could work both ways...

How many Yetis are in the witness protection program?   yeah

On the other hand...if BigFoot is eating missing people...where is all the Big Foot scat?  Comes right back around to that missing evidence doesn't it?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Socio said:

One thing is for sure, 100's of people go missing with out a trace in places like  the outback, the American north west each year, and according to the History channel show Missing in Alaska 1 in 5 people go missing in that State each year.

If this many people can vanish in the wilderness and their remains never found does lend credence to the fact no remains of a bigfoot type creature ever being found and there is no doubt a whole lot less of them if they indeed exist. 

In Alaska, they are just running from child support.

Seriously though, if you walk through the woods you sometimes find shed antlers.  Deer grow new ones every year, some critters chew on them, but you can still  find them.   I have collected a couple.  What I have not seen in  my limited ramblings  is a bear carcass.  They seem to be a little more rare.  Human or Bigfoot / Yowie remains probably even more so.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, joc said:

On the other hand...if BigFoot is eating missing people...where is all the Big Foot scat?  Comes right back around to that missing evidence doesn't it?

Yep.  Good point.  Animals leave leave traces. Something like a cougar or bear leaves a noticeable pile, even when they are not eating people, 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Co-founder of the Yowie Research Group,

This is in the same rank as the Monty Python's 'The Ministry of Silly Walks'.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1