Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing persons 'eaten by Yowie', hunter claims

UM-Bot

"One Australian man is absolutely convinced that the Yowie - Australia's answer to Bigfoot - is the real deal."  

gotta love those headlines. I at least thought that would come with a story. But the opinion of a probable serial killer and no mention of how he drew his conclusions...  Could have been any post on UM.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Sounds like more than one yowie in this footrace.   If I thought they ate people and  I saw a group racing at superhuman speed, I would get out of there  fast.  Must be the explanation for the lack of supporting images.

Actually the couple people that told me they saw them here in NorCal said this now that you mention it. One said it ran up a steep bank and along the road really fast. And that they were very scary and aggressive.

I agree remains might be rare and supposedly they bury them, but no bigfoot poop = no bigfoot, unless they bury that too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

This is in the same rank as the Monty Python's 'The Ministry of Silly Walks'.

Thanks for your thoughts. I give Yowie Research much more seriousness myself Jethro.

Edited by papageorge1

Is there anything in the fossil record of Australia that would lend credence to this mythical creature actually existing? Any scientifically backed research that shows a breeding population?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Is there anything in the fossil record of Australia that would lend credence to this mythical creature actually existing? Any scientifically backed research that shows a breeding population?

Is there any place one might reliably observe Aussiefoot?

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Humans have supposedly been there 65,000 years,  and yet no hominin fossils of any sort have ever been found on Australia. Its a good idea, but fossil records are way too spotty for that. Maybe Australopithecus though?

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

Humans have supposedly been there 65,000 years,  and yet no hominin fossils of any sort have ever been found on Australia. Its a good idea, but fossil records are way too spotty for that. Maybe Australopithecus though?

You're getting warmer...but still no.

1 hour ago, Resume said:

Is there any place one might reliably observe Aussiefoot?

Well, as I'm gathering from some responses it would be in "alternate dimensions".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

You can ask the same thing about the black panther in the UK. No evidences at all.
No poop, no remains, no good pics, nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2021 at 6:24 AM, Tom1200 said:

I have spent literally dozens of seconds researching this topic, so compared to you I'm quite the expert.

Yowies are reported as somewhere between 7 and 12 feet tall, with black or red or brown or sandy hair or fur over most or all of their bodies.  They walk erect or stooped or on all fours.  They are vegetarians or carnivores and are solitary or live in family groups.  Is this what you call 'quality and consistent reporting'?

And then the usual cop-out of the uneducated and gullible: to explain the ZERO evidence for their existence they must have 'paranormal attributes to avoid detection'.  They can be seen by the human eye but they can't be photographed because... dem got paranormal powers.  They must be heavy, but they don't leave footprints because... dem got paranormal powers.  They roam far and wide but whenever they encounter humans they're always distant and indistinct because...  They never leave any hair or poo or dead yowies or nests or any traces because...  

because...

... they don't exist.

You might as well go look for that other mythical creature - the sober Australian.

The last couple of Yowie sightings - Gold Coast hinterland and Tully - have been near Army Bases.  I'm guessing the sightings might be the result of a prank; but, I haven't been able to find a hint on various forums.

Ghillie Suits are also called Yowie suits.  We have had some media stories where they've been used in practical jokes and and crimes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

"Missing persons 'eaten by Yowie', hunter claims"

tenor.gif?itemid=15970871

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

Your killing me dude!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The last couple of Yowie sightings - Gold Coast hinterland and Tully - have been near Army Bases. 

That is so counterintuitive. Weird. 

Aren't those army bases also seeing a lot of UFO's?? lol- just asking.

36 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Right I was thinking the same thing. I had the same confusion about my odd encounters being in the heavily populated state capital with nearby afb, after exploring the woods my whole life and seeing nothing but a couple high odd circling zigzagging lights ever. I wonder why that is...

• Like 1

Really? Judging by the Australian film industry, yowies are about the only thing that don't kill tourists there.

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

You need an Aussie-themed one for this. I think there's a couple shots of Bruce Spence looking surprised in the Mad Max series.

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Oniomancer said:

You need an Aussie-themed one for this. I think there's a couple shots of Bruce Spence looking surprised in the Mad Max series.

Surprised-Koala.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It's not hard to grasp.  Yowie suits are available from disposal stores.  They're associated with The Army.  The Gold Coast Hinterland sighting was on a road that ran along the boundary of Kanungra.  Tully is the home to the Jungle Warfare Training Centre.

Now in this thread have a story of a sighting North of Bullsbrook, where RAAF Base Pearce is located.

I'm noting the coincidence of something that fits the description of military equipment being seen near military bases.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

Really? Judging by the Australian film industry, yowies are about the only thing that don't kill tourists there.

That's just the movies mate.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:35 AM, tortugabob said:

Likely BS.  The Australians are notorious for blowing things all out of proportion and outright lying.  You have to remember they are descendants of convicts, pick-pockets and prostitutes. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ffacfc73873fc6efa

:devil:

• Haha 5

On 9/12/2021 at 11:06 PM, papageorge1 said:

Yowies sound likely to me from the quantity, quality and consistency of reports. I wonder if they have attributes we would call paranormal to avoid detection and capture as the more familiar Bigfoot seems to have.

10 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Bigfoot ''Whats for lunch Mrs Bigfoot''

I don't know about that in regards to Yowies eating people. The thing to do is ask native peoples like the Aboriginies about them. I know the native americans have long told stories of such creatures, and in the Himilayas too. I might believe the story more if it came from Aboriginie people as witnesses.They were there long before the british whites and other europeans came there.

9 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

I don't know about that in regards to Yowies eating people. The thing to do is ask native peoples like the Aboriginies about them. I know the native americans have long told stories of such creatures, and in the Himilayas too. I might believe the story more if it came from Aboriginie people as witnesses.They were there long before the british whites and other europeans came there.

Yeah, they had no imagination.

Take the Ant People for example. Perfectly normal ant people.

Harte

• Like 2

Also, I think we're all aware that both spiders and coyotes can talk.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1