Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-vaxxers mock up leaflets imitating NHS documents

Silver

Anti-vaxxers mock up leaflets imitating NHS documents and cartoon posters targeting children

‘Children are not at risk from Covid,’ leaflet falsely claims

Anti-vaxxers have been urged to share cartoons targeted at children

Anti-vaxxers are creating leaflets to look like official NHS documents and cartoon posters targeting children to share misinformation about Covid vaccines.

Posters are being shared on Telegram channels, with members urged to plaster posters around local areas or share them on social media.

Some anti-vax groups on the messaging service are mobilising people to visit areas around schools to approach teenagers to discuss vaccines and misinformation.

Anti-vaxxers mock up leaflets imitating NHS documents and cartoon posters targeting children | The Independent

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 6

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... what the hell is wrong with these people? :no:

If they don't want to be vaccinated themselves, fine. Let them take that risk.

Actively targeting others with their crackpot propaganda though, especially children, should face a strict penalty.

Give them a custodial sentence with other anti-vaxxers, and let them pray they were right in an environment where Covid is prone to spreading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, LV-426 said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... what the hell is wrong with these people? :no:

If they don't want to be vaccinated themselves, fine. Let them take that risk.

Actively targeting others with their crackpot propaganda though, especially children, should face a strict penalty.

Give them a custodial sentence with other anti-vaxxers, and let them pray they were right in an environment where Covid is prone to spreading.

group thinkers eventually become what they hate, on either side. extreme begets extreme, in other words, two wrongs fighting to see who is right at that very moment 

can you imagine the **** fit that would be thrown if pro vaxx groups forged NHS appearing documents? they would light that b**** on fire 

I've no say in the game, I just sit back and watch both sides go at it while I'm hoping more moderate, reasonable people are capable of making moderate, reasonable decisions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

group thinkers eventually become what they hate, on either side. extreme begets extreme, in other words, two wrongs fighting to see who is right at that very moment 

can you imagine the **** fit that would be thrown if pro vaxx groups forged NHS appearing documents? they would light that b**** on fire 

I've no say in the game, I just sit back and watch both sides go at it while I'm hoping more moderate, reasonable people are capable of making moderate, reasonable decisions 

Well, I'd say sense lies on the side of vaccines.

I agree with your overall point regarding extremes though.

It's increasingly becoming the norm on any given subject, this "with me or against me" kind of rhetoric.

• Like 3

Extremist behavior to me seems to follow a curve like a horseshoe.   In the center there is a bowing and curvature to the differences.

But the further from the center you get, the more distorted the two sides become and as they curve around toward that which they obsess about, (the other side) they end up coming to mirror and emulate each other.  At the greatest extremes, both sides end up spewing hate, shouting, foaming at the mouth and acting violent. 

Be judicious in what you allow yourself to hate; as you will come to resemble it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Extremist behavior to me seems to follow a curve like a horseshoe.   In the center there is a bowing and curvature to the differences.

But the further from the center you get, the more distorted the two sides become and as they curve around toward that which they obsess about, (the other side) they end up coming to mirror and emulate each other.  At the greatest extremes, both sides end up spewing hate, shouting, foaming at the mouth and acting violent. 

Be judicious in what you allow yourself to hate; as you will come to resemble it.

the 'horseshoe effect' is exactly what I was referring to. if the left tends towards an extreme, the right responds by going the opposite direction. in the end, however, you end up with either party's ultimate goal, which is authoritarianism and knows no political boundaries. it's honestly playground style reactions, childish and downright humorous...then you realize these people playing these games are also making the decisions for you and I 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

It's one of the reasons I always come back to these forums.

If I feel myself shifting too far one way or the other, there's always an extreme view on here that pokes me back towards balance.

I guess the good moderation keeps it civil enough to avoid tipping the scales :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

I think there is an African proverb to the effect that when elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.  I think moderate, reasonable people will be among the casualties in the coming disagreements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1