Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family of Murdered Trump Supporter Sues Portland

el midgetron

The family of murdered Trump supporter Aaron “Jay” Danielson filed a federal lawsuit against the City of Portland, its mayor, and the county district attorney on Friday. The lawsuit states that Danielson’s death was “preventable” and blames the city and officials for a “hands-off approach” to its policing strategy.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court on Friday, says the City of Portland stood a “hands-off approach” to political demonstrations and counter-protests in the city and this fostered a “culture of vigilante policing,” OregonLive.com reported.

During a pro-Trump rally that engaged a counter-protest from local Antifa activists, Michael Forest Reinoehl shot and killed Danielson. Reinoehl was seen in security videos lurking in an alcove before emerging to fire the fatal shot, Breitbart News reported….…

.…..Shortly before the filing of the lawsuit, Mayor Wheeler admitted the “hands-off strategies” for dealing with rioters was “not the right strategy,” Fox News reported.

“It is clear, based on the public outcry, on the media outcry, on the national front, that that strategy was not the right strategy,” the mayor said during a city council meeting last week, according to the Associated Press. “I think we can all acknowledge that. I take full responsibility for it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/09/12/family-of-murdered-trump-supporters-sues-portland-mayor-district-attorney/

• Like 2

nothing good will come out of it except 1 thing,  we will see again how corrupt and rotten legal system is, when it is under liberal control,  as if we did not know already, 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

nothing good will come out of it except 1 thing,  we will see again how corrupt and rotten legal system is, when it is under liberal control,  as if we did not know already, 

The only corruption I know anything about happened on Trump's watch.  Some lawyer friends of his wanted to know the value of timber on several tracts of land they were considering purchasing.  They got Trump to lean on the Forest Inventory and Analysis Group of the US Forest Service to do the inventory.  The work was charged against FIA budgets, as a result of which there was not enough money to finish government work.  The FIA people were really p***ed about that.

There are consulting foresters who do this sort of work professionally.  The lawyers could easily have hired one of them.  FIA would even have sent them a list.  Instead, they decided to steal from the taxpayers.

I reported this to the Biden Administration.  Prosecution is pending.

Most likely outcome - the govt will send them a bill; they'll pay it to keep it out of the newspapers and that will be the end of it.

Doug

So here's Michelle, laughing at corruption.  If all conservatives are like you, it's no wonder the Trump administration was such a disaster.

Edited by Doug1066
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

I reported this to the Biden Administration.  Prosecution is pending

“You” (as in Doug) reported this? How did you crack the case?

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

“You” (as in Doug) reported this? How did you crack the case?

Yes, I reported it.

I talked to the FIA people and got names, places, dates, etc.  There wasn't much detective work to it.

Doug

• Thanks 1

The only corruption I know anything about happened on Trump's watch.

No, Doug. The fact that the only corruption you know about was on Trump's watch, which would be rather sad. Either you are very poorly informed or you literally meant "you" like you are some kind of Washington insider.

• Like 2

The only corruption I know anything about happened on Trump's watch.  Some lawyer friends of his wanted to know the value of timber on several tracts of land they were considering purchasing.  They got Trump to lean on the Forest Inventory and Analysis Group of the US Forest Service to do the inventory.  The work was charged against FIA budgets, as a result of which there was not enough money to finish government work.  The FIA people were really p***ed about that.

There are consulting foresters who do this sort of work professionally.  The lawyers could easily have hired one of them.  FIA would even have sent them a list.  Instead, they decided to steal from the taxpayers.

Most likely outcome - the govt will send them a bill; they'll pay it to keep it out of the newspapers and that will be the end of it.

Doug

So here's Michelle, laughing at corruption.  If all conservatives are like you, it's no wonder the Trump administration was such a disaster.

Good on you. 
Now…about that fellow whose murder was potentially enabled by the local government, any comments to make upon that, or do you wish to continue prestidigitation and another attempt to draw the conversation away from the topic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

No, Doug. The fact that the only corruption you know about was on Trump's watch, which would be rather sad. Either you are very poorly informed or you literally meant "you" like you are some kind of Washington insider.

I know about that one only because I am an FIA contractor and work with the people involved.  It's the only one I might be considered an "insider" to.  I know there was a lot more corruption under Trump, but I didn't have any close connections to it.

Doug

Doug

you are deranged. period. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Good on you. 
Now…about that fellow whose murder was potentially enabled by the local government, any comments to make upon that, or do you wish to continue prestidigitation and another attempt to draw the conversation away from the topic?

I was responding to Aztec whose limited experience leads him to be that only liberals are corrupt.(Post 2).

Doug

• Thanks 1

Just now, aztek said:

you are deranged. period. 

I have some experience working on the range.  Not a lot, not enough to call me a cowboy, but some.  But for a range manager to be deranged!

Doug

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

I was responding to Aztec whose limited experience leads him to be that only liberals are corrupt.(Post 2).

Doug

I think I’ve had enough experience with Tek to say thst, no, he thinks everyone who isn’t Aztek is corrupt but that corruption is a lot more easy to spot on your average liberal. 

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

I have some experience working on the range.  Not a lot, not enough to call me a cowboy, but some.  But for a range manager to be deranged!

Doug

Surely whenever a range manager is off the range they’ve de-ranged?

• Haha 1

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Anyhoo….. man murdered at protest. 
Is government inaction liable?

not only liable but criminally negligent to the point that it looks like the gvmnt is complicit 

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

not only liable but criminally negligent to the point that it looks like the gvmnt is complicit 

I guess the courts will tell us the truth about that.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So guy hides in shadows, pops out, shoots someone. That kind of thing happens daily.

What, short of martial law and a strict curfew, was going to prevent that? Or is that what they are trying to say should have been in place? Can't have a rally during a riot with a curfew (not like that would stop the rallying or rioting types).

Common sense says you take your life into your own hands if you go out into conditions like that, especially if you are only out there to advertise political motives. That goes for both sides.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Corruption?  Nothing to do with government.  Its 2A Freedom embraced by a citizen.  Sometimes you call these kind of deaths the price of freedom when they are school shootings or Walmart massacres..   This guy also suffered the consequences. of the poor use he made of his freedom.  He did not get hauled in for a lengthy trial and an insanity plea.  He got the Bonnie and Clyde treatment from half a dozen deputies in front of his hideout. 

American Justice.  What more do you want?

• Like 2

I just had a thought, what if Doug is the one doing the FIA corruption scheme? Think about it, he could be blaming Trump to distract from his own dirty deeds. And now there something about a guy getting murdered too? Who knows how deep this could go…..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

I just had a thought, what if Doug is the one doing the FIA corruption scheme? Think about it, he could be blaming Trump to distract from his own dirty deeds. And now there something about a guy getting murdered too? Who knows how deep this could go…..

I missed something here.

Doug

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonman said:

Common sense says you take your life into your own hands if you go out into conditions like that, especially if you are only out there to advertise political motives.

Speaking of which, I would stay away from Washington this weekend.  Nice time to go camping in a National Forest.

Doug

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

Do we know if he/the family was for or against the ‘defend the police’ movement?

He was a Trump supporter, not many of them chant "defund the police", so I'm going to guess he was against it (not sure about his family).

Despite the deflections, this is not a Trump post, it  is a serious matter in and of itself.

The mayor has admitted publicly that his hands-off policy was wrong and he takes full responsibility. 
I can only pray that he is hung on his own words.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...