Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family of Murdered Trump Supporter Sues Portland

el midgetron

On 9/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

prestidigitation 

Alright help me out here. wth does that mean? I can't be the only one

On 9/13/2021 at 5:15 PM, moonman said:

So guy hides in shadows, pops out, shoots someone. That kind of thing happens daily.

What, short of martial law and a strict curfew, was going to prevent that?

This mayor and many others around the country with their insane hands-off and other similar publicly announced policies embolden lawlessness. I'm sure that is the argument to be made in court. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

Alright help me out here. wth does that mean? I can't be the only one

Sleight of hand

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 2:08 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Anyhoo….. man murdered at protest. 
Is government inaction liable?

Yes.

But, there will be no trial. City will settle. They always try to settle. Most people accept, since its usually like 1.5 million.

Edited by DieChecker

On 9/13/2021 at 2:15 PM, moonman said:

So guy hides in shadows, pops out, shoots someone. That kind of thing happens daily.

What, short of martial law and a strict curfew, was going to prevent that? Or is that what they are trying to say should have been in place? Can't have a rally during a riot with a curfew (not like that would stop the rallying or rioting types).

Common sense says you take your life into your own hands if you go out into conditions like that, especially if you are only out there to advertise political motives. That goes for both sides.

Historically the Portland Police make a wall of officers between the opposing protests. Most often with shields facing the Antifa side. They often throw stuff and shoot fireworks. Having this shooter on the other side of a line of officers Most Likely would have prevented the shooting. Though with Antifa idiots,  anything is possible.

Edited by DieChecker

• 3 weeks later...

The interviewee relates that after being stolen, his car was found by the police. However, before it could be towed the thieves jumped back in the car (in front of the police) and drove off. Operational policy forbids police pursuit, so the car is still missing.