Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Washington School Banned 9/11 ‘Red, White, Blue’ Tribute as ‘Racially Insensitive’

el midgetron

A Sammamish, Washington, high school banned students from wearing red, white, and blue for its “Patriot’s Day” football game Friday over concerns such a memorial could be “racially insensitive” and offensive to some individuals…..

The “red, white, and blue” themed event was cancelled abruptly and students were told about the decision Friday during morning announcements.

“At this point, I was fairly upset and confused as to why the theme was changed, so I went around asking students in our leadership,” a student told the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH. “They had explained that red, white, and blue was going to be seen as racially insensitive and may affect people in a way that we will not understand and for that reason that we were to change our theme.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/13/washington-school-banned-9-11-red-white-blue-tribute-as-racially-insensitive/

https://nypost.com/2021/09/13/washington-school-bans-9-11-tribute-over-race-sensitivities/

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

“They had explained that red, white, and blue was going to be seen as racially insensitive and may affect people in a way that we will not understand and for that reason that we were to change our theme.”   

Screw that!  If they feel that Red, White, Blue is racially insentative,then it is 'they' that do not understand.  We change our theme for no one - America First!  If they find that offensive, then they can move to China.  It's that simple.

• Like 4

I wonder how many of these morons making up these rules are actually old enough to remember 9/11?

It's one of those moments in history that is indelibly etched in you mind, where you can remember all the details of where you were and who you were with.

Not much of a legacy for those that tragically lost their lives is it... a bunch of woke teachers peddling their intolerance :no:

• Like 5

You have to be kidding.  There is nothing in my Woke Handbook for Liberals   about red, white, and blue being insensitive. In fact the song "Can Blue men Get the Whites "  is on our approved song list.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's where my Mother and a lot of my friends went to high school.  The demographics sure must have shifted for this to be a concern.  They shifted from reasonable to whack-a-do :blink:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I wonder how many of these morons making up these rules are actually old enough to remember 9/11?

It's one of those moments in history that is indelibly etched in you mind, where you can remember all the details of where you were and who you were with.

Not much of a legacy for those that tragically lost their lives is it... a bunch of woke teachers peddling their intolerance :no:

I posted this on another thread but it seem relevant here:

Teen Vogue columnist calls 9/11 an ‘attack on heteropatriarchal capitalistic systems’ that ‘many White Americans fight to protect’

https://www.opindia.com/2021/09/teen-vogue-columnist-jenn-m-jackson-calls-9-11-attack-on-heteropatriarchal-capitalistic-systems/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, WVK said:

Teen Vogue columnist calls 9/11 an ‘attack on heteropatriarchal capitalistic systems’ that ‘many White Americans fight to protect’

https://www.opindia.com/2021/09/teen-vogue-columnist-jenn-m-jackson-calls-9-11-attack-on-heteropatriarchal-capitalistic-systems/

The level of stupid is simply unfathomable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

It's even worse than you think.

I just read the article, and apparently she has a PhD :unsure2:

The mind boggles...

• Like 3

I wonder where they are getting these ideas?

Student removes nearly 3,000 US flags from Sept. 11 display

A member of Washington University’s student government placed nearly 3,000 U.S. flags meant to commemorate victims of the Sept. 11 attacks in trash bags, prompting an investigation by the school

A member of Washington University's student government placed nearly 3,000 U.S. flags meant to commemorate victims of the Sept. 11 attacks in trash bags, prompting an investigation by the school.

The university's chapter of College Republicans had placed the 2,977 flags on Mudd Field at the school's campus in St. Louis to honor Saturday's 20th anniversary of the attacks.

cont...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/student-removes-3000-us-flags-sept-11-display-79993610

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

From a PhD no less.

Show's how worthless one of those can be.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

there's someone getting big bucks to be "hetero patriarchal" 

lmao 

JFC I'm in the wrong business, aren't I. it never meant anything, I just. have to THINK a certain way and things fall into place, is that right? 

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That’s spectacularly stupid, even by American standards. 

what are American standards??  lol

but in any case it is pretty logical, they are destroying history, and then rewriting it.  that is what they teach in schools these days,  

as a teacher you should be able to appreciate the magnitude  of the consequences, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

what are American standards??  lol

I mean it’s not as stupid as formal decisions here.

1 hour ago, aztek said:

but in any case it is pretty logical, they are destroying history, and then rewriting it.  that is what they teach in schools these days,  

as a teacher you should be able to appreciate the magnitude  of the consequences, 

It’s pure Karen Culture, they’re afraid of someone complaining and getting sued.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WVK said:

This columnist doesn't know much about 9/11 do they. People from 78 different countries died that day. It didn't matter one iota to those terrorists if you were male, female, gay, white, black, yellow or even American. 

I'm sorry. I need to correct myself. More than 90 countries lost citizens on 9/11. Further in the article, it says 77 countries.

More than 90 countries lost citizens in the attacks, including the United Kingdom (67 deaths), the Dominican Republic (47 deaths), India (41 deaths), Greece (39 deaths), South Korea (28 deaths), Canada (24 deaths), Japan (24 deaths), Colombia (18 deaths), Russia (18 deaths), Jamaica (16 deaths), Philippines (16 deaths) ...

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, "some people" in America will be upset by the American flag???   OMG, how can we protect them?? 

/sarc

jumpin' jupiter, the STUPIDITY.

• Like 4

Man, nothing will unite liberals and conservatives more  quickly than a common enemy:  warriors against  heteropatriarchal capitalistic systems’  who hate us all.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Man, nothing will unite liberals and conservatives more  quickly than a common enemy:  warriors against  heteropatriarchal capitalistic systems’  who hate us all.

Hi Tatetopa

but they love to hate me so I am not feeling all that rejected yet.:lol:

I'm still getting some love

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Honestly, I’m getting kinda desensitized to it. “heteropatriarchal capitalistic systems” is a new one to me but then she didn’t really bring anything particularly innovative beyond that,  Straight white men yadda yadda yadda America bad.

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Pretty sure the warriors against heteropatriarchal-capitalistic-systems-expialidocious mainly hate straight white people……and the Jews of course, Not sure if there is much of a conflict of interest there for the liberals?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Not sure if there is much of a conflict of interest there for the liberals

Some of us are still straight,white patriarchs believe it or not.  No matter how liberal or conservative you are, there usually seems to be somebody more so than you.

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Some of us are still straight,white patriarchs believe it or not. 

Last of the Mohicans. The blue hair tribe is coming to getcha. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Honestly, I’m getting kinda desensitized to it. “heteropatriarchal capitalistic systems” is a new one to me but then she didn’t really bring anything particularly innovative beyond that,  Straight white men yadda yadda yadda America bad.

Pretty sure the warriors against heteropatriarchal-capitalistic-systems-expialidocious mainly hate straight white people……and the Jews of course, Not sure if there is much of a conflict of interest there for the liberals?

Specifically men in a position of authority. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I mean it’s not as stupid as formal decisions here.

It’s pure Karen Culture, they’re afraid of someone complaining and getting sued.

uh, no it is changing the country thing, not a karen thing

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, aztek said:

uh, no it is changing the country thing, not a karen thing

I really don’t think it is, it’s the result of the hyperlitigatious pretensions that have pervaded your (and therefore consequently my) culture. Basically, folks sue regularly and for no clearly observable reason just to have a chance at easy cash. 
School are so slightly funded that even a thrown out court case can cripple them for years, therefore they just overreact at even the slightest whiff of Channel Number 5 and the hint of “I want to see thr manager” on the wind. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1