Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Washington School Banned 9/11 ‘Red, White, Blue’ Tribute as ‘Racially Insensitive’

el midgetron

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I really don’t think it is,

seriously? lol, after all the value swapping that going on in usa, in the last decade you still think canceling wearing national colors has something to do with lawsuits??   it is pretty sad that a teacher, out of anyone, does not see the obvious.  but that is how it starts, fish rots from the head

Edited by aztek

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Specifically men in a position of authority. 

Bent over forwards or backwards...? 

~

• Haha 1

So how long until the flag itself is cancelled? I'm willing to bet there are people screaming for that right now.

Edited by moonman

1 hour ago, moonman said:

So how long until the flag itself is cancelled? I'm willing to bet there are people screaming for that right now.

Been there, done that.

Nike Pulls Shoes Featuring Betsy Ross Flag Over Concerns About Racist Symbolism

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/02/737977542/nike-pulls-shoes-featuring-betsy-ross-flag-over-concerns-about-racist-symbolism

The American Flag Was Banned at a South Carolina High School

https://time.com/4472433/american-flag-ban-south-carolina/

If it came down to it I wouldn't really care if they redesigned the US flag, but you have to draw the line somewhere. If we got rid of every single thing that triggered every single person, the world would be nothing but a blank beige canvas. No one would be able to speak. Art and literature would be gone.

And then, somebody would say they are offended by people breathing and that would be the end of humanity. To live is to offend.

I don't want a 1984 type world.

Edited by moonman

9 hours ago, aztek said:

seriously? lol, after all the value swapping that going on in usa, in the last decade you still think canceling wearing national colors has something to do with lawsuits??   it is pretty sad that a teacher, out of anyone, does not see the obvious.  but that is how it starts, fish rots from the head

All I know is that one of my local schools cancelled a 50 year old tradition of a school fete because an able bodied woman threatened to Sue over the lack of dedicated disabled parking places. Another school banned all parents from sports carnivals after one member of the community complained that “allowing the children to remove their hats when they run is dangerous. If a hat falls off the race needs to be cancelled and restarted more safely”. 

1 hour ago, moonman said:

If it came down to it I wouldn't really care if they redesigned the US flag, but you have to draw the line somewhere. If we got rid of every single thing that triggered every single person, the world would be nothing but a blank beige canvas. No one would be able to speak. Art and literature would be gone.

And then, somebody would say they are offended by people breathing and that would be the end of humanity. To live is to offend.

I don't want a 1984 type world.

Beige? BEIGE?! BEIGE!?!!

How dare you person of personally defined gender terms! Beige is just another term the heteronormative, neurotypical patriarchy has stolen from people blessed with unique genetic heritage. BEIGE INDEED! 

32 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

All I know is that one of my local schools cancelled a 50 year old tradition of a school fete because an able bodied woman threatened to Sue over the lack of dedicated disabled parking places. Another school banned all parents from sports carnivals after one member of the community complained that “allowing the children to remove their hats when they run is dangerous. If a hat falls off the race needs to be cancelled and restarted more safely”. 

well, your country is even more effed up than ours. 

anywho, if you read OP they openly say it why they banned it and it was not over lawsuits,  

19 minutes ago, aztek said:

well, your country is even more effed up than ours. 

won’t hear no arguments from me.

• Haha 1

Hey kids. Can you say cognitive dissonance?

54329.jpg.31435d88b21f8000659290f90faead8b.jpg