Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Doug1066

September 18

135 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Tatetopa
4 minutes ago, Myles said:

No, they were almost all leftists.   

My imitation of a Republican;

Oh you mean the summer tourist season when crowds of people were in the streets sharing food around celebratory bonfires, singing and hugging police?  What a love fest!  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew

I imagine the number of "news" cameras will outnumber the "protesters" 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

My imitation of a Republican;

Oh you mean the summer tourist season when crowds of people were in the streets sharing food around celebratory bonfires, singing and hugging police?  What a love fest!  

There were a lot of soup cans i hear! For the families.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
44 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

My imitation of a Republican;

Oh you mean the summer tourist season when crowds of people were in the streets sharing food around celebratory bonfires, singing and hugging police?  What a love fest!  

What percentage of the BLM protestors and rioters do you think leaned left and right with their political views.   

I would say 92% left and 8 % right.       

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Myles said:

What percentage of the BLM protestors and rioters do you think leaned left and right with their political views.   

I would say 92% left and 8 % right.   

Oh at least.  But why delve into reality when outrage makes one feel so alive!   Just helping the conservatives supply their minimum daily dose of anger.  Kind of a public service. If you don't get enough in life, you have to take supplements. 

And I already know the 2024 elections is rigged.  At this very moment, ballots are being printed in Afghanistan.  That is why Biden pulled us out, so Republicans wouldn't stumble on the secret printing presses. We will have to audit for the presence of camel dung.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh at least.  But why delve into reality when outrage makes one feel so alive!   Just helping the conservatives supply their minimum daily dose of anger.  Kind of a public service. If you don't get enough in life, you have to take supplements. 

And I already know the 2024 elections is rigged.  At this very moment, ballots are being printed in Afghanistan.  That is why Biden pulled us out, so Republicans wouldn't stumble on the secret printing presses. We will have to audit for the presence of camel dung.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Because one wasn't enough.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
6 hours ago, Myles said:

Probably be nothing.    Not nearly as bad as the left wing riots, violence and destruction last year.  

Those were mostly peaceful, you know :innocent:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

Is the great pumpkin expected to make an appearance at the "rally" ?    If so, I suspect there will be thousands of his supporters there.       I doubt he will be able to resist an opportunity to make the rally all about him .    ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066

There have been two arrests in connection with this event (and it doesn't start until Saturday).

Two guys were putting out flyers in DC when a cop stopped to find out what they were doing.  He found a gun in the car.  First, this is DC - no guns allowed.  Second, they were both convicted felons - illegal to own a gun.  They are both awaiting trial.

 

This is certainly a bad omen for those who are expecting this event to be peaceful.  Every cop in DC has heard of this by now.  They will be looking for anything that remotely resembles a gun and if they find something,..

Doug

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066

I admit I would like to see all 600 MAGA Rioters put up against a wall.

BUT:  that's not justice.  Not for them, not for me and not for our democracy, which no thanks to hem, still exists.

For them:  if the same ratios apply to them as apply to the rest of our justice system, about 25 are innocent of any crime other than criminal trespass.  That's not a capitol crime.  Justice is a fine, a little jail time (most of it suspended), five years' probation and $1000 restitution.  That's about what the courts have been handing out, so I guess justice is being done.

For me:  I want democracy to survive in good health.  Serious injustice for the defendants means a backlash from the right that endangers our government and certainly endangers democracy.  If we believe in democracy, we have to believe in justice.  So the criminal trials we are seeing is the only way to go.

Justice for the country:  the MAGA Rioters tried to overthrow our government (at least the ones who knew what they were doing).  For that, many of them deserve long jail terms.  I understand that the QAnon Shaman got 20 years.  There are others who will likely get 20 years, as well.  And there is one who may get life without parole for murder.  And again, that would be justice.

So I guess I can give up my wishful thinking and do my best to work for justice.

Doug

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

So I guess I can give up my wishful thinking and do my best to work for justice.

Unfortunately you don't believe that justice is a two way street.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066
11 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Unfortunately you don't believe that justice is a two way street.

How so?

Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066

One question here:

How did we ever get to this condition where it is the left struggling to save the country/government and the right trying to tear it down?

Doug

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
22 hours ago, OverSword said:

The only thing I will observe on September 18th is the anniversary of the passing of Jimi Hendrix

gqs22busulmz.jpg

A man after my own heart. 'Genius' is a much overused word these days, but Jimi deserves the title. :tu:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
3 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

One question here:

How did we ever get to this condition where it is the left struggling to save the country/government and the right trying to tear it down?

Doug

So you guys do get 'irony'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

I admit I would like to see all 600 MAGA Rioters put up against a wall.

BUT:  that's not justice.  Not for them, not for me and not for our democracy, which no thanks to hem, still exists.

For them:  if the same ratios apply to them as apply to the rest of our justice system, about 25 are innocent of any crime other than criminal trespass.  That's not a capitol crime.  Justice is a fine, a little jail time (most of it suspended), five years' probation and $1000 restitution.  That's about what the courts have been handing out, so I guess justice is being done.

For me:  I want democracy to survive in good health.  Serious injustice for the defendants means a backlash from the right that endangers our government and certainly endangers democracy.  If we believe in democracy, we have to believe in justice.  So the criminal trials we are seeing is the only way to go.

Justice for the country:  the MAGA Rioters tried to overthrow our government (at least the ones who knew what they were doing).  For that, many of them deserve long jail terms.  I understand that the QAnon Shaman got 20 years.  There are others who will likely get 20 years, as well.  And there is one who may get life without parole for murder.  And again, that would be justice.

So I guess I can give up my wishful thinking and do my best to work for justice.

Doug

How very left wing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066
5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

How very left wing.

Justice is left wing?  No wonder the country's in a mess.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
10 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Justice is left wing?  No wonder the country's in a mess.

Doug

Putting people up against the wall and shooting them for not conforming is very left wing. Happened a lot in Russia, China & Germany. I'll give you that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066
4 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Putting people up against the wall and shooting them for not conforming is very left wing. Happened a lot in Russia, China & Germany. I'll give you that.

In my case, it has nothing to do with not conforming.  It has everything to do with sedition - the attempt to violently overthrow our democracy.  You can be as nonconformist as you wish.  I draw the line at sedition/treason.

There is a difference between acting on gut feelings (like the seditionists did on J6) and acting on what you think/believe.  I believe in justice, so I support what our legal system is doing and grit my teeth and bear it.

 

I am concerned that we could see much worse happening this weekend than happened on J6.  The seditionists are angry because they failed on J6 and the police are angry because one of them was murdered.  So left, right or center, stay away from DC this week.

 

For Piney:  Sorry I can't come to New Jersey - too long a drive.  I'll probably go over to Keystone - nice oak forest and a lake for a picnic near the water.  Besides, my daughter lives only a half-mile from there.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere

"the attempt to violently overthrow our democracy"  Sounds very much like the Antifa BLM riots, but without so much the violence. 25 people killed during the George Floyd riots, how many killed during the 'sedition'?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066
3 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"the attempt to violently overthrow our democracy"  Sounds very much like the Antifa BLM riots, but without so much the violence.

Antifa's just out to pound on some right-wingers.  Whatever floats their boat.  For them, I think, it's just entertainment.

BLM is trying to get police to quit murdering black people. Police murder white people at about half the rate they murder black people.  So I think whites need to support BLM.  I know that BLM's organizers are Marxists (not socialists) but they have a point - murder is not to be condoned.

Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
9 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

BLM is trying to get police to quit murdering black people. Police murder white people at about half the rate they murder black people.  So I think whites need to support BLM.  I know that BLM's organizers are Marxists (not socialists) but they have a point - murder is not to be condoned.

Statistics please...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066
37 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Statistics please...

 

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

https://news.yale.edu/2020/10/27/racial-disparity-police-shootings-unchanged-over-5-years

I was going to say that the ratio between black murders and white murders is about 2:1, but that third paper says it's 2.6:1.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.