Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AOC Wears ‘Tax the Rich’ Dress to $35,000 Per Ticket Met Gala


el midgetron
 Share

Recommended Posts

E_PxpvSWYAMZ8Zg.thumb.jpg.e9335e059cdf9b04aa540694518818c8.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fair play to her - attending a rich persons event to tell them they need to pay more tax .

Others who shall remain nameless would have started with tax the rich and baked down to "ok you're right keep your money".

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it was @Kittens Are Jerks that posted earlier that AOC's ticket was free and that many New York politicians and high profile public servants attend the Met Gala for free.  So did her boy friend also get a free ticket?

E_OsXTRWYAcfxwx?format=jpg&name=small

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think it was @Kittens Are Jerks that posted earlier that AOC's ticket was free and that many New York politicians and high profile public servants attend the Met Gala for free.  So did her boy friend also get a free ticket?

She and others got free tickets because they are part of the entertainment.  People pay the $30 k for charity and also to rub elbows with famous folks, take selfies with her dress etc.   Probably not considered income, but I bet she reports it.

Most likely her boyfriend got a free ticket too, but since he is not famous, maybe he had to serve as an usher as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

She and others got free tickets because they are part of the entertainment.  People pay the $30 k for charity and also to rub elbows with famous folks, take selfies with her dress etc.   Probably not considered income, but I bet she reports it.

Most likely her boyfriend got a free ticket too, but since he is not famous, maybe he had to serve as an usher as well.

 

Hard to understand why you would give a $30k to a non-celeb.  That's an expensive place at the table that could have been purchased and used for charity.  If her boyfriend weren't there no telling how many rich guys would have been trying to date her up ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had never heard of the Met Galla before. It’s apparently known for this empty virtue signaling by the rich and famous. I heard a commentator refer it is as “revolutionary cosplay” by those who have benefitted the most from a free and open capitalist society. He went on to say the people who attend the event are actually the kinds of people or “bourgeoisie” that actual revolutionaries kill. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, OverSword said:

The excuse or reasoning will be that someone else paid for her ticket, the designer loaned her the gown, and she gave her leftovers to someone in her district that sleeps in the streets :tu:

article-6596-1.jpg

Why does she need an excuse? 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I think it was @Kittens Are Jerks that posted earlier that AOC's ticket was free and that many New York politicians and high profile public servants attend the Met Gala for free.  So did her boy friend also get a free ticket?

E_OsXTRWYAcfxwx?format=jpg&name=small

bigger question why is her boyfriend white?????

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Why does she need an excuse? 

Or reasoning.

But okay.  I hate techno dance music and feel it should be taxed and am in a constant battle with it.  Now I get invited to a charity techno dance music festival  where everyone loves techno dance music.  I think I may need an excuse or a reason to attend or look like a hypocrite or sellout.

Edited by OverSword
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aztek said:

bigger question why is her boyfriend white?????

Maybe he identifies as some other race.  You don't know him.

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Hard to understand why you would give a $30k to a non-celeb.  That's an expensive place at the table that could have been purchased and used for charity.  If her boyfriend weren't there no telling how many rich guys would have been trying to date her up ;)

Dude look at the exposure she just gave the event. That's worth far, far more than a ticket.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Maybe he identifies as some other race.  You don't know him.

giphy.gif

yea, good point, he may not even be a human, 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or reasoning.

But okay.  I hate techno dance music and feel it should be taxed and am in a constant battle with it.  Now I get invited to a charity techno dance music festival  where everyone loves techno dance music.  I think I may need an excuse or a reason to attend or look like a hypocrite or sellout.

the explanation is simple, nothing is what it seems. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Dude look at the exposure she just gave the event. That's worth far, far more than a ticket.

To the event.  Never even heard of it.  Do you think that now a lot of people that never gave it a thought before are like "Yeah!  WTF?  Why don't we tax the rich, man?"  :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or reasoning.

But okay.  I hate techno dance music and feel it should be taxed and am in a constant battle with it.  Now I get invited to a charity techno dance music festival  where everyone loves techno dance music.  I think I may need an excuse or a reason to attend or look like a hypocrite or sellout.

Except she doesn't hate money, the rich or even being rich one day herself.

All she's saying is that the ultra wealthy should be taxed properly. I don't think that's even controversial. Hoarding wealth is incredibly damaging to a country. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

To the event.  Never even heard of it.  Do you think that now a lot of people that never gave it a thought before are like "Yeah!  WTF?  Why don't we tax the rich, man?"  :lol:

Uh, yes, that's how marketing works. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Except she doesn't hate money, the rich or even being rich one day herself.

All she's saying is that the ultra wealthy should be taxed properly. I don't think that's even controversial. Hoarding wealth is incredibly damaging to a country. 

If you study up on it "the wealthy" pay more taxes.  Buy a yacht, five nice cars, a couple big houses in nice areas and a few vacation properties and see how much tax you pay compared to me.  Now for the ULTRA-RICH there may be some income tax loopholes but to be real if you taxed those people at the same rate as I get taxed annually you have enough money to run a military base for  half a day.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Uh, yes, that's how marketing works. 

Yeah, she never had that before.  Maybe some 12 year olds saw it  for the first time yesterday but they can't vote.

Edited by OverSword
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Except she doesn't hate money, the rich or even being rich one day herself.

All she's saying is that the ultra wealthy should be taxed properly. I don't think that's even controversial. Hoarding wealth is incredibly damaging to a country. 

Ultra rich people don't hoard wealth, they invest it in order to make more.  None of them could show you a big pile of money it's invested in businesses and properties.  The USA is over $28trillion in debt because of politicians, not because of wealthy people.  Do you think more tax revenue will change that?  I don't.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Dude look at the exposure she just gave the event. That's worth far, far more than a ticket.

Thank goodness AOC saved the mom-and-pop Met Gala from foreclosure :lol:

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She's a clown who doesn't buy her own bs. She was there to hobknob and loves her celebrity status. She's more social media influencer than accomplished politician. Only wears a mask for the cameras like all the politicians. Why did Obama wear a mask outside on 911? He just had 600 people at his house and not a mask in sight. It's all for show and she's cut from the same cloth or at least strives to be. She cries towards open fields of imaginary migrant children. Biden waves to empty fields of imaginary supporters. These people are fake. In time, like Bernard Sanders as she calls him, she'll flip her focus from the millionaires to just the billionaires. I bet she can't even debate.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Why does she need an excuse? 

With her political pull, I wonder if AOC got that homeless man a job. I assume his sign said, Will Work For Food.

Or maybe she just gave him a burger to give herself a feel good moment. :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.