Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear we

WVK

18 hours ago, WVK said:

Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/woodward-book-trump-nuclear/index.html

I see a General who is sworn to protect and defend the constitution of the United States. Something that Trump could care less about.

General Miley according to the book, saw an unhinged President ranting of endless election conspiracies. 

Rudy Giuliani, Mike Lindell, Sydney Powell and countless other people have failed to present substantiated evidence of election fraud.

If you have evidence. please present it here for the whole world to see.

Had Trump retained power by using all three branches of our government, The Executive, Legislative, and Judicial, then there would sit a traitor as President of the United States.

Trump still rambles about election fraud, rigged elections etc.. without proof

So If Mike Lindell does indeed go to the Supreme Court and loses, and still says Trump will be "re-instated" when there is no "LEGAL" way of that happening, then the man is calling for an insurrection, and should violence occur, remember Trump and Lindell are the two barking the loudest. Words do have consequences.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I see a General who is sworn to protect and defend the constitution of the United States. Something that Trump could care less about.

And you think Bidet cares anything for this nation and its people (or the Constitution)?  If there was a procedure to destroy this country, would you do anything different than what Bidet is doing now?  Trump made this country better.  I suppose you prefer the increase in prices and inflation??  For me, I want to pay $7 per gallon gas.

Edited by RavenHawk

8 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

And you think Bidet cares anything for this nation and its people (or the Constitution)?  If there was a procedure to destroy this country, would you do anything different than what Bidet is doing now?  Trump made this country better.  I suppose you prefer the increase in prices and inflation??  For me, I want to pay $7 per gallon gas.

Don't worry.  His next mandate will be that you will have to buy an electric vehicle and no more gas. :tu:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Well then proper procedure would have been to remind the other officers to ensure any orders they receive are legal, without mentioning who's orders he was referring.  Of course I don't really believe this happened, it's a load of bull to sell books and to pave the way for Miley to enter the political ring as a Democrat.  He's starting off right, with a lie.  That's the only way he would have said he was undermining the proper chain of command which he knows would ruin him.

Edited by OverSword

Well done. This was a necessary action as there is no doubt that the former commander in chief is insane.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

He should face a Court Martial.

There have been a number of people, including two Soviets, who have taken independent action to prevent a nuclear launch, thereby saving countless lives.  Their superior officers didn't like it, but in most cases have grudgingly acknowledged that they did the right thing.

The same deactivation of the nuclear launch codes was done back in the Nixon administration, too.  If subordinates keep having to intercede in the launch sequence to prevent a nuclear holocaust, then there's something wrong with the system.

Doug

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Thats a bunch of lies on Trump. Trump`s plan  would have our troops, our people, our allies, and our weapons out of Afghanistan on May 1 .Trump only said to bomb our bases when we get out  because our bases are our biggest  bases in the world .  

Trump? Wasnt that the guy who promised a wall at the Mexican border?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toast said:

Well done. This was a necessary action as there is no doubt that the former commander in chief is insane.

Even after 8 months of failure, and people are still pushing this crap!  This is a true sign of TDS.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WVK said:

Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/woodward-book-trump-nuclear/index.html

What he is done is illegal.

Its on par with passing secrets and other information to a potential adversary.

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Yeah, what is that thing at the southern border that the current Potus is allowing to rot?  And May was never set in stone.  Our pullout was based on conditions, which the Taliban constantly failed to meet.  It's interesting to note that Bidet  has terminated just about every other Trump order, but yet he claims that his hands were tied on the date of the pullout.  Coward!

• Haha 1

RAND PAUL: It should be investigated immediately, today, he should be questioned under oath, if not with a polygraph test, on whether it happened. If it happened, he should be immediately relieved of his duties and court-martialed. You have to find out if it’s true. This is innuendo and rumor and propaganda perhaps. But, if it is true he absolutely immediately needs to be removed.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rand-paul-gen-milley-polygraphed-removed-china-talks

So Milley released a statement that he regularly communicates with his counterparts in China and Russia.  Is that like Gen. Flynn?  Having backchannels can be very useful to avoid unnecessary war, but that is usually delegated to those at lower levels (the Jack Ryans).  Milley is just getting in deeper water.  I wonder if his counterparts in China and Russia would let him know of an imminent attack?  Now, its not just the Resident that is making a fool of themselves and the country.  All the clowns are.

Why the hell are people mad about the guy trying to prevent a man losing it after a loss from /nuking people/? Does anybody seriously think that Trump isn't above that, starting a war, or doing /literally anything/ he can get away with for power?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Why the hell are people mad about the guy trying to prevent a man losing it after a loss from /nuking people/? Does anybody seriously think that Trump isn't above that, starting a war, or doing /literally anything/ he can get away with for power?

Again, Even after 8 months of failure, and people are still pushing this crap!  This is a true sign of TDS.  Only those with TDS thought that Trump was going to nuke someone.  The rest of us knew better.  In his four years, he's proved you wrong.  Now we have a weak piece of crap that will get himself caught in a corner and his only option will be to launch nukes.  At least get into another unnecessary war.  This Resident has destroyed much of what this country once was.  The question is how will he top what he's done?  Stay tuned.

• Like 2

I suspect a lot of comments would be reversed if the JCS was revealed to be monitoring Biden for actions that reflected dementia or senility and might plunge America into unplanned war.  As far as I can tell from the reports, they did no more than  monitor Trump, they did not countermand any orders or prevent him from carrying out his appointed duties.

But of course this is all coming out in MSM Book Reports by people who want to make lots of money selling sensational books.  How many people who distrust MSM bought this hook line and sinker?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I suspect a lot of comments would be reversed if the JCS was revealed to be monitoring Biden for actions that reflected dementia or senility and might plunge America into unplanned war.  As far as I can tell from the reports, they did no more than  monitor Trump, they did not countermand any orders or prevent him from carrying out his appointed duties.

Of course, absolutely no doubt. it would go from "OMG TREASON!" to "OMG THAT'S TOTALLY WARRANTED!" in a heartbeat.

It's not about countering the president, it's about countering Trump.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Again, Even after 8 months of failure, and people are still pushing this crap!  This is a true sign of TDS.  Only those with TDS thought that Trump was going to nuke someone.

Have you ever lived with someone who is frighteningly, utterly, completely, insane? Someone completely divorced from reality, tied to it only by loose strings of thought that are mere parodies of what is real? I have. 

There's...not a lot you can write off for people who are that down the rabbit hole. Their actions are unpredictable, malice may or may not be involved, sometimes it isn't, but with Trump that was a key component of it. I would put very, very, VERY little beyond that man, and you should be on the same page given...yknow, the Coup. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toast said:

He finally got a wall.

But it was around the Capitol.

And Mexico still didn't pay for it.

Doug

• Like 3

Biden invoked the Defense Production Act due to a shortage of firehose.  The hose is made at a factory in Oklahoma.  Now that we have the order. we'll have to find some Mexicans to help make it.  Maybe they have a few down in Baja Oklahoma.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066

25 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I suspect a lot of comments would be reversed if the JCS was revealed to be monitoring Biden for actions that reflected dementia or senility and might plunge America into unplanned war.

Monitoring is one thing, usurping Presidential power is something else.  If you are the Joint Chief and saw the President was unfit, then resign.  Let the cabinet determine fitness.  Don’t compromise US security because of one’s TDS.  Trump wasn’t going to get us into an unplanned war.  Those that are stable saw that.  However, Bidet will bumble us into an unplanned war and he’ll say that he planned to do that.

As far as I can tell from the reports, they did no more than  monitor Trump,

Just having the appearance of doing more (“if necessary”) undermines and usurps the President’s power.  Having this “insurance policy” is troubling as it reveals a deeper coup.

they did not countermand any orders or prevent him from carrying out his appointed duties.

“Yet”.  Who would have determined what was an illegal order?  Only the President can do that.  If the President wants to go nuclear, there is a process.  He gets his advisers together and he says he wants to launch.  That’s where his advisors chime in and say, no Mr President, that would not be prudent and here is why.  These other options we feel would serve us better.  The quantity and quality of the options provided by the advisors gives the President the ability to do his job.  Why do I feel that the current President’s advisors are not providing advise but guidance?

But of course this is all coming out in MSM Book Reports by people who want to make lots of money selling sensational books.  How many people who distrust MSM bought this hook line and sinker?

Milley just put out a statement that that’s what he did.  This may be an event to sell a book, but he just admitted to high treason.  The JC doesn’t go out on his own to create foreign policy.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

How does this fit with the Constitution's definition of treason?

It doesn't.  In order to be treason, a foreign power must be involved.  As far as we know at this point, there wasn't one.  So the appropriate charge is sedition.

Doug

As I understand it, a second person of at least Cabinet rank must sign off on the order to launch.  So it's not just not trusting Trump; it's also about not trusting the Cabinet.

At any rate, the extra layer of protection is well worth having.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066