Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear we

WVK

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You don't really honestly stand for anything when confronted with the truth. You are the poster guy for the statement that when someone stands for nothing you will fall for anything as you have proven here over and over again!:tu:

Did you like my definitions of far left and far right? If not;

Can you please define far right?

Can you please define fascism?

It seems that you have absolutely no substance to your posts and cannot engage with even the simplest ideas. Let me guess, you don't discuss definitions with far right extremists, and because you never define it, anyone with a different opinion is a far right extremist.

Great logic man, you have found a way to never have to think again.

EDIT:

what was that flag you posted? Why wont you tell me what it represents?

Edited by Hugh Mungus

22 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Trump is a fascist. He’s the jackboot forever stomping on your brain. 

Oh come on guy, you are one of few Trump supporters who posts here that I sincerely enjoy discussing topics with. You always present a reasonable argument, and your responses are comical. Honestly even though I disagree with you on most subjects I am still able to respect you because you stand strong in your beliefs. :tu:

58 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Did you like my definitions of far left and far right? If not;

Can you please define far right?

Can you please define fascism?

It seems that you have absolutely no substance to your posts and cannot engage with even the simplest ideas. Let me guess, you don't discuss definitions with far right extremists, and because you never define it, anyone with a different opinion is a far right extremist.

Great logic man, you have found a way to never have to think again.

EDIT:

what was that flag you posted? Why wont you tell me what it represents?

As soon as your admit you live in New Zealand, and stop pretending to be someone your not ( your username and avatar ) I will engage your comments and any others you make. If you can't be honest And honor my request, I will no longer respond to anything you say!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Oh come on guy, you are one of few Trump supporters who posts here that I sincerely enjoy discussing topics with. You always present a reasonable argument, and your responses are comical. Honestly even though I disagree with you on most subjects I am still able to respect you because you stand strong in your beliefs. :tu:

I think I remember you. Every time I quote you I regret my lack of willpower.

• Haha 2

IF you will look into the history of nations that were run by the military you will find that it is seldom a good thing...More like NEVER. The military way is the exact opposite of a free democracy. Generals give orders and soldiers OBEY, or ELSE, no matter how wrong or stupid that order may be. Our American system is a tiered series of checks and balances such that it inhibits a small group of people being allowed total power. The military is INTENTIONALLY not at the top of that system. In the end the second amendment is part of those checks and balances. As powerful as the military is it wouldn't do well against a hundred million armed civilians ready and willing to defend their freedom.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, just like you equating a girl holding the Bible in front of an American flag to a terrorist exposes the real you.

You see my friend I have no respect for posers like the girl in the photo and like the individuals I have added below. No disabled Veteran is going respect people that pretend to care about our Constitutional Rights by posing in photos like that or like those below. Because those people have never defended the Rights of Americans along with their right to religious and personal freedoms. The photos are a symptom of right-wing Nationalizism and Extremism that has been The watch word of the Trump Administration and which has also divided our Nation along those lines. 

E3AA524B-7807-42BE-A4C3-37BDC2A2069B-5150-0000046731CC0DDC.png

0FA0EFD4-5E4C-4A72-90B4-8B392CD8305D-5150-0000046740D2375E.jpg

22 minutes ago, DanL said:

IF you will look into the history of nations that were run by the military you will find that it is seldom a good thing...More like NEVER. The military way is the exact opposite of a free democracy. Generals give orders and soldiers OBEY, or ELSE, no matter how wrong or stupid that order may be. Our American system is a tiered series of checks and balances such that it inhibits a small group of people being allowed total power. The military is INTENTIONALLY not at the top of that system. In the end the second amendment is part of those checks and balances. As powerful as the military is it wouldn't do well against a hundred million armed civilians ready and willing to defend their freedom.  

Finally some who is willing to carry on a intelligent discussion, and I thank you for that. But your comment that Generals or even Presidents give orders and soldiers must Obey them no matter if the orders are illegal, wrong or stupid those orders may be is totally inaccurate. 

I quote the following from UCMJ

""Notice the oath states, “I will obey the orders of the President of the United States...”, but the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) Article 90 states that military personnel need to obey the "lawful orders of his/her superior. The duty and obligation to obey lawful orders creates no grey area for discussion. But does the military member have a duty to DISOBEY “unlawful orders” including orders of senior officers, Secretary of Defense and even the President of the United States? The UCMJ actually protects the soldier in this situation as he/she has a moral and legal obligation to the Constitution and not to obey unlawful orders and the people who issue them. These have to be strong examples of a direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ and not the military member’s own opinion. These articles require the obedience of LAWFULorders. Not only should an unlawful order not be obeyed, obeying such an order can result in criminal prosecution. Military courts have long held that military members are accountable for their actions even while following orders.""

"I Was Only Following Orders. " 

"I was only following orders," has been unsuccessfully used as a legal defense in hundreds of cases (probably most notably by Nazi leaders at the Nuremberg tribunals following World War II)"".

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/military-orders-3332819

Thanks for your reply

37 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I think I remember you. Every time I quote you I regret my lack of willpower.

Well in this respect I do agree that you certainly lack will power, if you had any you would not follow Trump down that rabbit hole between his ears!

1 hour ago, DanL said:

As I rhetorically asked about their place in the system before to no replies, they are not part of our system of checks and balances. It was stated a few times in this thread, cause orange man bad, with much thanks and relief for the military being one of checks and balances.