Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear we

WVK

3 hours ago, WVK said:

Speaking of foaming from the mouth, does Miley have similar concerns about Biden? 

Yes, but say what you want about Biden's capabilities, so far he has no unleashed any manic fits in the White House.   The military stays out of crazy, senile, or stupid and lets American politics take its course. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, WVK said:

Speaking of foaming from the mouth, does Miley have similar concerns about Biden? 
https://capi.amac.us/mental-slips-is-biden-fit/

There isn't enough time between his mid morning nap and his afternoon nap. He's got to eat sometime.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Milley is now going to have to  testify to Congress.  When he gets up there under oath, he is going to be asked what made him so concerned about Jan. 6 and what he saw of Trump's involvement as well as other plans that Trump was fomenting.  They won't take his word for it, they will call in other Trump Administration staff and Cabinet   If the other witnesses corroborate his story and it really seems like President Trump was  trying to remain in power by illegal means. it will look worse for ex-president Trump.   Could go either way.

Republicans think they opened a can of Whoopass.  They might have opened a can of worms.

It's the same thing with abortion.

You watch all these Republican females vote otherwise in the midterms afraid of losing that choice.

And If the Democrats take the house and Senate, Republicans will claim it was rigged, stolen, fraud etc.. but failing to look at their own policies that did them in.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Honestly Tate anyone who doesn't understand why General Milley and many others thought that President Trump was not acting in a mentally responsible manner after he lost the Election and anyone who doesn't understand this is in denial for the following reasons!

1. The President attacked members of the Republican Party and the Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger for not being able to find 11,780 votes for him. When Raffensperger did not bow to pressure the President publicly attacked him. In addition his wife's unlisted and classified phone number was some how released for the first time to unknown people, and do to this his family received death threats. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/03/trump-georgia-raffensperger-call-biden-washington-post. -  Death Threats https://www.businessinsider.com/georgia-secretary-of-state-and-his-wife-receive-death-threats-2020-11

2. The President stopped performing all of his responsibilities and surrounded himself with Conspiracy Theorists who also included his lawyers and plotted to over throw an election he lost. The following is an exact quote of one of those lawyers saying that the Conspiracy Theories she pushed were false statements from the beginning.  Pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell says ‘no reasonable person’ believes election claims were ‘statements of fact’ https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/23/pro-trump-lawyer-sidney-powell-election-theft-claims-not-statements-of-fact.html

3. On 9 November 2020 just days after the President lost the Election in a very very bizarre move the President tried to pull U.S. forces from Afghanistan and swaths of the Middle East, Africa and even Europe ahead of Joe Biden's inauguration. There was absolutely no purpose for this other than mentally unbalanced vindictive behaviour that actually if it was not stopped by the Military would have put the National Security of the United States at risk. This attempted action has been named Trump's war with his generals.  https://www.axios.com/off-the-rails-trump-military-withdraw-afghanistan-5717012a-d55d-4819-a79f-805d5eb3c6e2.html

4.  Then on 6 January 2021 the insurrectionists that attempt to capture Representatives of our Nation, including the Vice President were sent to the Capitol Grounds were the President said he would meet them which he never did. Before sending them to the Capitol the message was spread to the Presidents base that the Vice President had betrayed him. When the Capitol  Insurrection started Trumps Base was hurting the Vice President screaming Hang Mike Pence!

""It’s part of the fallout from an extraordinary 24-hour stretch in which Pence openly defied Trump, Trump unleashed his fury on the vice president, and a mob of violent supporters incensed by Trump’s rhetoric stormed the Capitol building and tried to halt the peaceful transfer of power."" 

""Not long after that, members of Trump’s rally crowd arrived at the Capitol, where they overwhelmed police, smashed windows, occupied the building and halted the electoral proceedings. Pence was whisked from the Senate chamber to a secure location, where he was held for hours with staff as well as his wife and daughter, who had been there to support him.""

""Trump did not call to check in on his vice president’s safety during the ordeal and instead spent much of Wednesday consumed with anger over Pence’s action, tweeting, “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution.”"

""Later, members of the mob outside the Capitol were captured on video chanting, “Hang Mike Pence!” and members of Trumps base were actively hunting the Vice President.""  https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2021/01/08/hurt-and-anger-cloud-trump-pence-relationship-after-clash/

After all this Tate how can any responsible American not understand why General Milley and many others thought the President was in a unbalanced mental state after he lost the Election and took actions to block his dangerous vindictive behaviour.

Peace my brother. 

And Don't forget these things.

CNN had reported that McCarthy had urged Trump to call off the rioters on January 6. During the phone conversation that turned into a shouting match, Trump reportedly told the GOP Californian lawmaker that the protesters were "more upset about the election than you are."

Trump Told Kevin McCarthy Rioters Were 'More Upset' About Election than Him Says GOP Rep (msn.com)

"More upset about the election than you are" That is a statement of "I know why they are there."

And look at the makeshift tent they had set before the speech and listen to Don JR at 14 second mark and listen to them say "fight" They knew exactly why Trump called them there, and what they were going to do.

Trump filmed backstage before speech that sparked Capitol riots - Bing video

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, aztek said:

his concerns are only about things he is told to be concerned about,  he is a puppet no doubt. 

While it is true he was a lifelong Republican, I think he is over it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

The military stays out of crazy, senile, or stupid and lets American politics take its course. 

Unless....trump  :gun:

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

And look at the makeshift tent they had set before the speech and listen to Don JR at 14 second mark and listen to them say "fight" They knew exactly why Trump called them there, and what they were going to do.

It must be really exhausting for you trying to maintain that level of hypocrisy.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Unless....trump  

No, unless.... possible danger.  Trump went his way unmolested by the military for four years.  I don't imagine they were crazy about leaving the Kurds behind in Syria, but they carried out his orders. Military looks for threats and avoids surprise attacks when they can and that includes actions by an unstable leader.   If this book had not been published, neither Trump nor Milley would have been embarrassed by the publicity.  Trump would have likely been unaware of what went on.  He was not restrained, put in a strait jacket or hauled away.  He continued on his course until Biden was inaugurated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I don't imagine they were crazy about leaving the Kurds behind in Syria

Like the way they did in the Gulf War?  They don't care about Kurds, they're just a way to gain support for a war.

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Military looks for threats and avoids surprise attacks when they can and that includes actions by an unstable leader.   If this book had not been published, neither Trump nor Milley would have been embarrassed by the publicity.

That's laughable because why would Milley tell Woodward and the other guy anything unless he wanted it out there :rolleyes:?  Obviously that was his intention.  When he runs for office we'll know for sure.  I think Milley told that to the dudes writing the book and I believe it's a lie to set him up to run as a democrat.

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Like the way they did in the Gulf War?  They don't care about Kurds, they're just a way to gain support for a war.

I would like to say your cynicism is totally unfounded, but occasionally there is an exception.

My ignorance, I haven't read the book, but I don't know if he was the guy that spilled the beans or somebody else did and Woodward came looking for corroboration.

Why would he ever run for office?  He is not a Democrat  or a progressive, they wouldn't back him.  He was a Republican back when Republicans were like Eisenhower.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

He was a Republican back when Republicans were like Eisenhower.

How do you know that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

It must be really exhausting for you trying to maintain that level of hypocrisy.

Which leads us right back to this. BTW I'm not a Democrat.

CNN had reported that McCarthy had urged Trump to call off the rioters on January 6. During the phone conversation that turned into a shouting match, Trump reportedly told the GOP Californian lawmaker that the protesters were "more upset about the election than you are."

Trump Told Kevin McCarthy Rioters Were 'More Upset' About Election than Him Says GOP Rep (msn.com)

"More upset about the election than you are" That is a statement of "I know why they are there."

They were fighting with Police, and Trump knew this, he watched it all unfold on TV like we all did. And did nothing about it for hours.

• Like 2

As soon as trump lost the election ...he basically  quit being president...and like the bratty child he has always been, he wasn't going to play anymore. He threw tantrums and went off to pout and feel sorry for himself.  He yelled at pence to overturn the election..pence explained it was impossible for Him to do so... And trump told him he could do it and that if he didn't do it..       " I might not be your friend anymore!"      We constantly hear about how the lefty liberals control THE Media and the election process. .  If that's true....how is it that trump became president?  Did the leftys just forget to steal that election ? :rolleyes:     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

How do you know that?

I thought I had read it when he was testifying to Congress and responding to Gaetz, but I can't find it now.  So, I can't verify that.

He spent 38 years in the military and talks like this:

General Milley encouraged them to give back to their communities and to value strong character. “Keep in mind your obligation to society, to others. There’s so much more to life than making a buck. The greatest satisfaction any of you will ever get is in service to others… At the end of the day, in the dark of the night, when no one is around you and things aren’t going well, it is your character that holds you together.”

He reminds me of my dad and neither Democrats nor current Republicans talk like that.  

It is my belief that he is a Republican and it gives me hope the Republican party might re-emerge  as a sensible, conservative,  alternative again. Course maybe he will agree with  Andrew Yang.

45 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I thought I had read it when he was testifying to Congress and responding to Gaetz, but I can't find it now.  So, I can't verify that.

He spent 38 years in the military and talks like this:

General Milley encouraged them to give back to their communities and to value strong character. “Keep in mind your obligation to society, to others. There’s so much more to life than making a buck. The greatest satisfaction any of you will ever get is in service to others… At the end of the day, in the dark of the night, when no one is around you and things aren’t going well, it is your character that holds you together.”

He reminds me of my dad and neither Democrats nor current Republicans talk like that.  

It is my belief that he is a Republican and it gives me hope the Republican party might re-emerge  as a sensible, conservative,  alternative again. Course maybe he will agree with  Andrew Yang.

Well he loves the idea of learning about "white rage" which seems more like the trait of a democrat to me. :lol:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gen-mark-milley-i-want-to-understand-white-rage-and-im-white-11624497837

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well he loves the idea of learning about "white rage" which seems more like the trait of a democrat to me. 

Nazis had white rage too.  Maybe it is a useful thing to learn about. Someday somewhere we may have to confront them.

My God some of you people are insane and you are going to be the death of this country. Since when did our military become part of our system of checks and balances? I'm guessing Jan 8 2021.

• Like 3

Maybe some were led to believe Clone Protocol 66, was real and all they needed was an Emperor... Of the Republican 

~

8 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Trump filmed backstage before speech that sparked Capitol riots - Bing video

Honestly, I think the whole conspiracy theory that Trump was orchestrating a coup and instructing his supporters to get violent by the use of mundane political vocabulary like “fight” is ridiculous. However, it was more believable before seeing that video. I mean, nothing exposes a sinister plot to overthrow the Government like a woman dancing to disco music and then saying “yeah, have the courage to do the right thing, fight”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, F3SS said:

My God some of you people are insane and you are going to be the death of this country. Since when did our military become part of our system of checks and balances? I'm guessing Jan 8 2021.

Back as far as Nixon.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OverSword said:

That's laughable because why would Milley tell Woodward and the other guy anything unless he wanted it out there :rolleyes:?  Obviously that was his intention.  When he runs for office we'll know for sure.  I think Milley told that to the dudes writing the book and I believe it's a lie to set him up to run as a democrat.

Um the bolded sentence above is very interesting and totally inaccurate. The term the Gulf War refers to Operation Desert Shield, Operation Desert Storm, and the Liberation of Kuwait. During the time period from 1990 - 1991, Um there were no Kurds  supporting US Miltary Forces in the Middle East!:unsure:

5 hours ago, F3SS said:

Come on my friend, all is fare in Politics and during Capitol Insurrections isn't it!:D

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Um the bolded sentence above is very interesting and totally inaccurate. The term the Gulf War refers to Operation Desert Shield, Operation Desert Storm, and the Liberation of Kuwait. During the time period from 1990 - 1991, Um there were no Kurds  supporting US Miltary Forces in the Middle East!:unsure:

They used pictures of entire Kurdish villages murdered to help convince us that we needed to attack Iraq incase Kuwait was not enough.  

They used Kurds again a decade later to convince us they were using WMD’s against the local Christians. The Kurds have been a very convenient tool for the USA

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1