Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
ExpandMyMind

Trump, Elder’s campaign falsely claimed fraud before California votes were counted --

41 posts in this topic

ExpandMyMind

SAN FRANCISCO — Former president Donald Trump’s false voter fraud claims found new life in California’s biggest election this year.

The top Republican seeking to replace Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) in Tuesday’s recall declined before the election to say whether he could accept the results. A website affiliated with his campaign invites visitors to “sign a petition to stop the fraud of the California recall election.” And a previous version of the site — published before the election took place — blamed voter fraud for Newsom being “reinstated” as governor.

There is no evidence for these claims, which have nonetheless been amplified repeatedly this week by former president Donald Trump. But their arrival in the country’s largest blue state offered proof of their currency within the Republican Party, where some leaders have increasingly sought to undermine public confidence in Democratic victories by baselessly alleging that elections are vulnerable to manipulation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/09/15/trump-elder-california-recall-fraud-newsom/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

OverSword

In the future it may be a good idea to link to a page that is free.  I won't pay to read the WA post

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

el midgetron

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-larry-elder-website-gavin-newsom-victory-1628793

B224C304-AEFB-4B0F-A892-E67FD8CF16CB.png.9dc38148f175085590ce57ccb5c73146.png

I checked it out on the way back machine. There was a stop fraud button on Elders website yesterday that isn’t there today. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20210801000000*/https://www.electelder.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

aztek

of course it is rigged, there were reports that people came in to vote, only to be told they already voted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

aztek

wait, no one investigated the claim yet, but they already say it is false?? now that is a huge red flag that there IS fraud.

• Thanks 1

el midgetron

Come 2022 there will be plenty of claims that Republicans stole the election….

Raptor Witness
5 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Come 2022 there will be plenty of claims that Republicans stole the election….

You mean, plenty of lies. They were cooked by their own master of none.

Doug1066
8 hours ago, aztek said:

wait, no one investigated the claim yet, but they already say it is false?? now that is a huge red flag that there IS fraud.

Yup.  Elder was planning to lose then lie about the election being rigged.

I watched the vote coming in last night and wrote down the results by county.  There's a strong correlation between Trump's 2020 loss in California and last night's recall vote.  So either, the 2020 election was rigged, in which case, Elder has been sitting on this information for about ten months, or it was honest and Californians are still p***ed off with Trump.  So what reason could Elder have for not bringing this out months ago?

Doug

Earl.Of.Trumps
9 hours ago, aztek said:

of course it is rigged, there were reports that people came in to vote, only to be told they already voted. 

Exactly.

Anyone can go to city hall and get an absentee ballot and mail it in. That's why dems don't want voter ID laws. 

• Thanks 2

Sir Wearer of Hats
18 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Yup.  Elder was planning to lose then lie about the election being rigged.

I watched the vote coming in last night and wrote down the results by county.  There's a strong correlation between Trump's 2020 loss in California and last night's recall vote.  So either, the 2020 election was rigged, in which case, Elder has been sitting on this information for about ten months, or it was honest and Californians are still p***ed off with Trump.  So what reason could Elder have for not bringing this out months ago?

Doug

So p***ed off at Trump they’d cut off their noses to spite their faces?

Doug1066
12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So p***ed off at Trump they’d cut off their noses to spite their faces?

And how would that be?

Doug

Michelle

Larry Elder in his own words...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/republican-candidate-larry-elder-concession-speech-california-recall-election/

"gracious in defeat"

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

Sir Wearer of Hats
8 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

And how would that be?

Doug

They voted for Newsome or however you spell it.

Doug1066
8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Good sign for the Dems.  They ran on an anti-Trump campaign and Elder played right into it.

Doug

Michelle
2 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Good sign for the Dems.  They ran on an anti-Trump campaign and Elder played right into it.

Doug

When does California ever vote anything but Democrat? It wouldn't matter if it was the devil himself.

Doug1066
3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

When does California ever vote anything but Democrat? It wouldn't matter if it was the devil himself.

There was Schwarzenegger.  And Reagan.  But Californians realized their mistakes and haven't repeated them very often.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066

spartan max2
18 hours ago, Michelle said:

First time I listened to him.

Elder is a great speaker. He is going to go far I imagine. 

• Like 1

Michelle
4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Despite Democrats calling him Uncle Tom and the black face of white supremacy. The lot of them...racists.

• Like 2

Doug1066
10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

He's probably going to have to do it someplace other than California.

Doug

spartan max2
2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

He's probably going to have to do it someplace other than California.

Doug

I would be pretty suprised if any republican won the governor or senatorship in California 2021. 

I will be interested to see if he makes a presidential run. He is entirely the direction I would like the republican party to move, over the Matt Gaetz types.

• Like 1

Doug1066
6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I would be pretty suprised if any republican won the governor or senatorship in California 2021. 

I will be interested to see if he makes a presidential run. He is entirely the direction I would like the republican party to move, over the Matt Gaetz types.

I don't think being too much like Trump is going to be an advantage in 2022 or 2024.  Trump seems to be the only one who can make that work.

But I agree on the Matt Gaetz types.

Doug

• Like 1

Tatetopa
11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Partly they voted about vaccine protocols, and the two candidates were pretty polar opposites on that issue.

Sir Wearer of Hats
7 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

So instead of issues, they ran on a “boogeyman” platform? You know the issues they avoided seemed to be pretty big and important ones.

• Like 1

Sir Wearer of Hats
5 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

There was Schwarzenegger.  And Reagan.  But Californians realized their mistakes and haven't repeated them very often.

Doug

That would be “married to a Kennedy” Schwarzenegger, right? 

• Haha 1

Doug1066
36 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So instead of issues, they ran on a “boogeyman” platform? You know the issues they avoided seemed to be pretty big and important ones.

And the boogeyman cooperated all the way.

Doug