Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump, Elder’s campaign falsely claimed fraud before California votes were counted --

ExpandMyMind

36 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That would be “married to a Kennedy” Schwarzenegger, right? 

Right.  He wasn't a real Democrat so he had to run on a Republican ticket.  And then, he couldn't handle the job.  Typical Republican in the days before the nut jobs took over the party.

Doug

4 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Right.  He wasn't a real Democrat so he had to run on a Republican ticket.  And then, he couldn't handle the job.  Typical Republican in the days before the nut jobs took over the party.

Doug

I thought he did a good job of running the state?

23 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

And the boogeyman cooperated all the way.

Doug

Cooperated with Trump? Or ran on a typical Republican platform? You are awfully vague with your accusations.

27 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

And the boogeyman cooperated all the way.

Doug

Boogeyman politics is a sign that you literally have nothing else, nothing, to run on. You can’t even run on “my kids are photogenic and I go to church”. That’s how poor your political argument is when you run on a boogeyman platform.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Cooperated with Trump? Or ran on a typical Republican platform? You are awfully vague with your accusations.

“Trump is bad” is literally the accusation. There is no more nuance than that. “Trump is bad” is what Neusome ran on, and because “Trump is bad” feeds into a feeling of superiority for the people who didn’t vote for him it worked.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Boogeyman politics is a sign that you literally have nothing else, nothing, to run on. You can’t even run on “my kids are photogenic and I go to church”. That’s how poor your political argument is when you run on a boogeyman platform.

He was already governor...this was a recall election.  He was already elected for his platform..

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

He was already governor...this was a recall election.  He was already elected for his platform..

Okay, but he still ran a “don’t fire me, because Trump is bad” campaign. Not a “don’t fire me, I did C and D and will promise to go on to do E”. He’s got nothing except “boogeyman”. 

Key Reasons Why Millions Are Moving to Texas

According to the Texas Relocation Report 2021, more than 500,000 people relocated to the state in 2019. Tesla founder Elon Musk also recently announced his decision to move to Texas. The state has welcomed more than 200,000 residents from outside the country in the same year as well.

The Texas Relocation Report was created after gathering information from the U.S. Census Bureau. It was compiled by Texas Realtors.

It is the 7th year in a row that the state has seen a 500,000 plus inflow of residents. Most of the Texas movers are from California and Florida. The U.S. Census Bureau data says that more than 687,000 Californians have moved to Texas over the last decade.

But this is not a recent trend. A lot of people have been moving to Texas for some time now. There is increased demand for a Texas moving company for cities like Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio. According to reports, 4.2 million people have moved to the state since the last census in 2010, which is a growth of 16.4%. This places Texas just behind the 17.4% population growth rate of Utah.

cont...

https://apnews.com/article/texas-business-census-2020-science-0d436b250dc07111bff4b4f6cdd6682b

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Elder played into Newsome's hand.  That's what we've been talking about.  Where have you been?

Doug

56 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That's Elder's platform, alright.  Newsome had a platform, but didn't need one to beat Elder.

Doug

43 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Okay, but he still ran a “don’t fire me, because Trump is bad” campaign. Not a “don’t fire me, I did C and D and will promise to go on to do E”. He’s got nothing except “boogeyman”. 

This is politics.  If it works, use it.  Trump taught us that.

Doug

45 minutes ago, Michelle said:

According to the Texas Relocation Report 2021, more than 500,000 people relocated to the state in 2019. Tesla founder Elon Musk also recently announced his decision to move to Texas. The state has welcomed more than 200,000 residents from outside the country in the same year as well.

The Texas Relocation Report was created after gathering information from the U.S. Census Bureau. It was compiled by Texas Realtors.

It is the 7th year in a row that the state has seen a 500,000 plus inflow of residents. Most of the Texas movers are from California and Florida. The U.S. Census Bureau data says that more than 687,000 Californians have moved to Texas over the last decade.

But this is not a recent trend. A lot of people have been moving to Texas for some time now. There is increased demand for a Texas moving company for cities like Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio. According to reports, 4.2 million people have moved to the state since the last census in 2010, which is a growth of 16.4%. This places Texas just behind the 17.4% population growth rate of Utah.

cont...

https://apnews.com/article/texas-business-census-2020-science-0d436b250dc07111bff4b4f6cdd6682b

I agree with all those reasons, except the last:  Texas is even hotter than Oklahoma.

About educational opportunities:  it's hard to have a poorer educational system than Oklahoma.  We're just not that competitive.  We have lost big companies because of our poor schools.  Jobs:  our legislature is proud of our employment record:  we have more hamburger flippers per capita than most other states.  But we are desperately short of professionals whose big salaries support local economies.  Professionals demand more.  Better schools, dog parks for their dogs, hiking trails, rivers to canoe or raft...  Oklahoma doesn't provide those things, so the big companies locate elsewhere.  I suspect Texas is only one state to benefit from immigration - heck, even Mexicans want to move there.

Doug

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

A lot of people have been moving to Texas for some time now.

There are a lot of great things about Texas, I had a great childhood there.  I remember the grandparent's farm houses with wrap around porches  to beat the heat and for pure enjoyment. Doug is right though, Texas climate can get very hot.  My aunt who lived in Tulsa called us Texans "denizens of Baja Oklahoma." 

Real Estate is cheap compared to the Northeast, California or Florida, but with the influx of people, prices will climb.  Working my way through college and the year after, I worked some part time oilfield related jobs and some high tech jobs.  Lots of jobs of all kinds. Dallas is nothing but brown grass on flat prairies dotted by Mesquite trees. but I still have relatives around Austin, and it is about as pretty a countryside as you could hope for.  Even when I moved out 40 years ago, my parents were already complaining about the influx of rude Yankees  ruining Texas.  They were old school.  I think the cities got too big for them.   Times change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

cont...

Yes!  I love it!  With every election, Texas becomes a little more blue!  Keep em coming!

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Yes!  I love it!  With every election, Texas becomes a little more blue!  Keep em coming!

They aren't the ones who are leaving. Republicans want a voice and they know they're not going to get it there.