Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens ruin man's marriage

Eldorado

A classic alien abduction story. 

He also claimed that his urge to investigate the paranormal also resulted in him losing his job. He was fired after he used company equipment to try to analyse the suspected implant.

I wonder what he was actually doing that cost him his job?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

His story sounds believable to me. I watched the documentary Patient Seventeen in which these implants were scientifically investigated and found to have metal isotopes not found on earth (meaning they were of non-earthly materials). 

Why this stuff doesn't go mainstream seems very suspicious to me. I strongly doubt the typical skeptical claim that it goes nowhere because the scientist saying these things is incompetent once again. The scientist presented his impressive credentials. I do think there is a movement inside the government to keep a wet blanket over any alien evidence as the government wants to keep primary control over the situation.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

His story sounds believable to me. I watched the documentary Patient Seventeen in which these implants were scientifically investigated and found to have metal isotopes not found on earth (meaning they were of non-earthly materials). 

Why this stuff doesn't go mainstream seems very suspicious to me. I strongly doubt the typical skeptical claim that it goes nowhere because the scientist saying these things is incompetent once again. The scientist presented his impressive credentials. I do think there is a movement inside the government to keep a wet blanket over any alien evidence as the government wants to keep primary control over the situation.

How about you actually look into the claims for once to test the legitimacy of them, rather than relying on other people doing it for you.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4083682/reviews
You should read the IMDB reviews Papa:

Look at the "Trivia" section of IMDB. It seems this is mis-labeled as a documentary. Shouldn't it just be "fiction"? The whole thing is a student film and is "Solely fiction" WTF? Talk about disinformation!!! Glad I read the TRIVIA section (I'm upset about that information being in the "Trivia" section because it's not "TRIVIAL" to know it's FICTION!) before I formed any kind of real opinion. People will believe anything with very little evidence if framed in a "Realistic" way.

If this "Renowned" filmmaker was going for exposing how naive and easily led humans are, he got it!

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Timothy said:

How about you actually look into the claims for once to test the legitimacy of them, rather than relying on other people doing it for you.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4083682/reviews
You should read the IMDB reviews Papa:

Look at the "Trivia" section of IMDB. It seems this is mis-labeled as a documentary. Shouldn't it just be "fiction"? The whole thing is a student film and is "Solely fiction" WTF? Talk about disinformation!!! Glad I read the TRIVIA section (I'm upset about that information being in the "Trivia" section because it's not "TRIVIAL" to know it's FICTION!) before I formed any kind of real opinion. People will believe anything with very little evidence if framed in a "Realistic" way.

If this "Renowned" filmmaker was going for exposing how naive and easily led humans are, he got it!

Please Timothy. You just quoted a user review. So what? I would expect the skeptics to come out in droves against this.

Here is another review:

Gripping interesting documentary

bucket200416 October 2017

A very good documentary. I personally liked a number of things that made it stand out from others (in the UFO) field. The back ground look into the Dr Roger Leir for example, showed him not only as a doctor, but also took us into some of his personal life. His love of music which i didn't know about . This only added to realness of the subject matter. I also thought that the camera and editing was good. Always kept your attention without being annoying. The Patient himself was also likable but more importantly, believable. Very glad i watched it.

Now to me the most interesting question is the work on the anomalous metal isotope distribution. The documentary made a strong argument why those results could not have been 'faked' and had some rather weighty metallurgist involved who seemed to have interests beyond attacking anything suggesting alien. 

Edited by papageorge1

@papageorge1 there were:

4 x 10, 2 x 9, 3 x 8, 1 x 5, 4 x 4, 3 x 3, 6 x 2 & 29 x 1 star reviews

:lol:

Edit: Or 9 favourable & 43 unfavourable.

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Timothy said:

@papageorge1 there were:

4 x 10, 2 x 9, 3 x 8, 1 x 5, 4 x 4, 3 x 3, 6 x 2 & 29 x 1 star reviews

:lol:

Edit: Or 9 favourable & 43 unfavourable.

I never expressed any opinion on the quality of the documentary as a whole myself. I was saying I was impressed by the analysis and the qualifications and findings of the scientist that did the isotope analysis. I've never heard that successfully debunked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I never expressed any opinion on the quality of the documentary as a whole myself. I was saying I was impressed by the analysis and the qualifications and findings of the scientist that did the isotope analysis. I've never heard that successfully debunked.

Hi Papa

I would think that the research should be successfully presented before it can be debunked. You haven’t presented any documentation and said I saw somewhere something that said something which doesn’t really count for much to discuss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Which isotopes are these?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Which isotopes are these?

Isotopic Analysis The raw ICP-MS data had sufficient resolution to calculate percentages of isotopes for four of the elements detected in the sample (boron, magnesium, nickel, and copper). The distribution of isotopes in the elements the sample is made of is a strong indication of the area that the sample was formed. Any deviation of more than 1% of the isotopic ratios in the sample from the terrestrial isotopic distribution indicates that the sample was probably not formed on Earth. The data showed significant differences between the isotopic distributions of most of the sample elements, for which isotopic data was available, and the isotopic distributions of the same elements obtained from Earthly sources. The isotopic distributions of the elements in the sample differed by as much as 4% from the terrestrial distributions of the same elements, indicating that the sample probably did not originate on Earth

The raw isotopic data for each of these elements are in this document.

Also from that document:

Conclusions

1. The sample consists mainly of iron, with a high carbon and oxygen content. The iron base material contains 5.2% nickel, and is highly magnetic. Traces of iridium, and other precious metals, tungsten, gallium, and germanium present strongly suggest that the metallic portion of the sample was derived from meteoric iron, and is extraterrestrial in origin.

2. The extreme differences in the isotopic ratios of the sample elements from the isotopic ratios of elements found on Earth provide strong confirmation that the material in the sample is of extraterrestrial origin.

3. The sample consists of two major phases; an iron/nickel (Fe/Ni) phase, and a nonmetallic phase resembling a hard biological substance, such as shell, tooth, or bone. The iridescence of the non-metallic phase, seen in light microscopy, suggests a layered microstructure, perhaps similar to mother-of-pearl, or opal.

4. The similarity of the composition of the non-metallic phase to biological material may be responsible for the lack of immune response to the object by the patient’s body.

5. This non-metallic phase is high in carbon, oxygen, silicon, magnesium, aluminum, sulfur, and phosphorus, and is present as an outer covering on the sample, and as inclusions in the metallic, Fe/Ni phase.

6. The non-metallic phase of the sample also contains bundles of carbon nanotubes, perhaps covered, or filled, with calcium and magnesium silicates, phosphates and sulfates.

7. The inclusions of the non-metallic phase have unusual shapes, which suggest artificiality, and functionality. This, along with the fact that the object was giving off radio signals, before removal, strongly indicates that this is a manufactured, nanotechnological device, which was inserted in patient Smith for a definite purpose.

8. The function of the device cannot be determined with certainty from the available data, and the device may have had multiple functions and missions. It is likely, however, that two of its functions had to do with monitoring of the physiological state of Mr. Smith’s body, and mood/mind control

Just from my step back view I can see how small metal objects like from a fence or knife/razor or whatever can accidently get imbedded in a person but one with such odd characteristics when the person also claims to have experienced alien involvement fairly raises eyebrows. A natural explanation starts to stretch credulity.

30 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

7. The inclusions of the non-metallic phase have unusual shapes, which suggest artificiality, and functionality. This, along with the fact that the object was giving off radio signals, before removal, strongly indicates that this is a manufactured, nanotechnological device, which was inserted in patient Smith for a definite purpose.

Hi Papa

And yet there is not information that it was a tech device capable of producing a radio wave all the description is is that it is a composition of metal and biological material so no mention of anything that we would consider a micro chop

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

And yet there is not information that it was a tech device capable of producing a radio wave all the description is is that it is a composition of metal and biological material so no mention of anything that we would consider a micro chop

Well I think there is the obvious suggestion that this is technology with methodology we don't yet understand.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Well I think there is the obvious suggestion that this is technology with methodology we don't yet understand.

Hi Papa

If it is a tech micro chip then it will have some type of circuitry in it which isn’t evident in the material you posted of analysis 

13 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

If it is a tech micro chip then it will have some type of circuitry in it which isn’t evident in the material you posted of analysis 

One thing I've noticed about all these alien implants, no one ever really tells what powers them. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

One thing I've noticed about all these alien implants, no one ever really tells what powers them. 

Hi Xeno

Yes indeed are they salt powered.:lol:

49 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

I'm confused, so whoever said it was a tech micro chip?

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm confused, so whoever said it was a tech micro chip?

Hi Papa

In review you said it was an implant.

Then you posted an analysis of something not clarifying if it was the implant that you had first mentioned and in that analysis what this bit which I quoted from your post.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

8. The function of the device cannot be determined with certainty from the available data, and the device may have had multiple functions and missions. It is likely, however, that two of its functions had to do with monitoring of the physiological state of Mr. Smith’s body, and mood/mind control

I added the second part #8 for clarification for you.

If it is an implant with no function then it serves about as much attention of somebody implanted a grain of rice as there is nothing about it having any tech qualities/capabilities

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

In review you said it was an implant.

Then you posted an analysis of something not clarifying if it was the implant that you had first mentioned and in that analysis what this bit which I quoted from your post.

I added the second part #8 for clarification for you.

If it is an implant with no function then it serves about as much attention of somebody implanted a grain of rice as there is nothing about it having any tech qualities/capabilities

I thought I already answered that it is suggestive of a functioning device with a purpose  using technology we don’t understand. 

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I thought I already answered that it is suggestive of a functioning device with a purpose  using technology we don’t understand. 

Hi Papa

Then it would be a micro chip that would be something that could be observed to have circuits and none of what you posted show that to be true.