Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 2012 dinosaur-like creature that terrorized Arkansas driver

Eldorado

Arkansas has its share of mysterious creatures that have been seen over the years like the infamous Fouke monster but have you ever heard about a flying-winged creature spotted off a highway in Arkansas in 2012?

The winged reptile-looking creature looked like something from the late Triassic Period or Cretaceous Period.

These creatures are said to be extinct for more than 66 million years but are they?

https://929nin.com/arkansas-dinosaur-cryptid/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well does that video ramble all around. I couldn't make the finish. But there are eyewitnesses seeming particularly in New Guinea and if Mothman and Bigfoot,  why not this?

If it exits it seems its origin would probably be weirder than just some unidentified species of bird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Agreed, I gave up on the video just as you replied o the thread...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The second video, the Nat Geo one was only 3.5 minutes. It was of course an animation and pretty good. 

I enjoyed their accounts but don't really have an opinion on them.

• Like 1

You can find numerous video of numerous builds on youtube...and they are flying reptiles.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jon the frog said:

Or seeing a great blue heron for the first time can be disorienting

Great Blue Heron Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

My wife and I call them pterodactyls.

Yes, we know they are birds.

• Like 2

I grew up in the hills of Arkansas … lived there and went to military, came back, then school , came back, then more military, came back, and more school and then just visited a lot the rest of my life. I still have land in the ozarks and in the Ouachita. I tell you this to add some credential as an authority of a story I’m about to tell you that is little known….

In about 1985 tourism went through the roof in the ozark mountains (a quick note- they are not really mountains). So there existed this influx of money. New found money to a traditionally broke people. They (we) sold all sorts of things to the city people that came to visit or came through. We made little cabins on our rivers to allow the city folk to stay a spell for a small fee. We took the “smart folk”  to “undiscovered” cavern systems in the hills… for a small fee. And other things.

Well, what happens when you give a traditionally poor uneducated people new found riches? We spend it in stupid ways. Very very stupid ways. One such way in 1985 happened to occur. A farmer named McDonald (not making up the name) decided he wanted to ranch with his extra money. He bought some cows and a bull from Oklahoma and was the talk of Mt Judea. The first big rancher in the hills! Well… it took about 5 months for the cows to end up half eaten due to bear or cat (or hungry hillbillies). The bull broke a leg and was put down after falling down one of the many cliffs in the area. Farmer McDonald was devastated.

Well there was a catholic priest nearby that everyone knew was a “learned man”. One night after a meeting of the minds and a lot of homemade whiskey (how you think McDonald got his extra money?)- it was decided that Emus would be perfect. Just perfect for the hilly terrain and defense against wild animals. Just perfect. And I mean the the large animal Emu. Not the emu girls that have bad hair and makeup.

Mcdonald was dead set on Emus… so he drove his cow trailer up to north by God, California and bought a brace or gaggle or what ever it’s called of emus. Packed em in that trailer like hay.

We to shorten this dull story let’s just say that Emu-kind LOVE Arkansas. Pretty soon McDonald had emus all over his 200 acres. Of course, he couldn’t sell them. He claimed it was because “the Emu market is just down”. But alas… there never was an Emu Market.

but…..

McDonald still made his ranchers fortune because he realized something that I mentioned earlier. We country  people spend money on stupid things. Pretty soon Earl was selling Emus all over the ozarks and Ouachitas… all over the state! By the middle 90s we had more emu than Australia, well that’s what we proudly claimed. Yet… that emu market never picked up.

Soon farmers didn’t care about their Emus because they realized they were worthless… soon Emus we’re roaming the wild… all over. 

Emus were forming gangs and attacking good church going folk. Well, as a firmly rooted democratic folk we did what we always do, we blamed the gubment. And soon the gubment quietly… oh so quietly opened year round bigbird season. And we as good Democratic folk do like our hunts.

so by the 2000s the word was that all the emus were eradicated with newly formed anti-emu laws….

so for this story I’ll papageorge it and say:

dinorapter - 33% emu- 33% lady drinking Earls tonic- 34%

Edited by Nobu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Let's see who the original source is - oh of course it's Jonathan Whitcomb. Anything with his name attached can be immediately disregarded.

I apologize for not watching the video before commenting…..but ai would just like to say that if there were really a dinosaur like creature terrorizing anyone anywhere…..that would be really cool.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

I apologize for not watching the video before commenting…..but ai would just like to say that if there were really a dinosaur like creature terrorizing anyone anywhere…..that would be really cool.

Probably not cool for those it's terrorizing.  There are a number of documentaries on the subject; Murassic Park, Hurassic World, something like that.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 1