Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

Didn't see this posted anywhere here but it has been all over the news , so i figured i'd throw it up.  Like a missing person thing in real time almost . My question is , if she is ok , why would she not contact her family ? Maybe the boyfriend did something or maybe they just had an argument and he left her. Boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito returned to Florida alone 10 DAYS before she was reported missing | Daily Mail Online

Edited by razman
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I've been following it but didn't think to post it.

Good looking out! :tu:

• Like 3

This story is a lot weird. It seems the couple had a breakdown sometime during the trip. Of course, Brian has got to know the last time he saw her and where they were. I wonder why he didn't report her missing then. The text from August 30 bothers me too. Why would they travel from Utah to the Tetons in northern Wyoming and then backtrack all the way down to Yosemite in California? To me, the logical way to do this would be to cross from Utah into California and then go north to Wyoming. There should be a way they can find out what cell tower that message was sent from. There had to be service or there would be no text. And how did Brian get to Florida so fast? He got home on September 1? I've gone from Pennsylvania to Nevada and it takes three days of non-stop driving switching drivers. Longer on the return trip as we did stop.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yea , something happened out there , probably not good is my guess , i mean why would this guy not help otherwise? Who knows , maybe she took off on him and he's p***ed. But you'd think she would contact family.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, susieice said:

This story is a lot weird. It seems the couple had a breakdown sometime during the trip. Of course, Brian has got to know the last time he saw her and where they were.

Yup, and why are the authorities treating him with kid gloves? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Piney said:

If her last posts were unusual in the way she usually posted, I'd wonder too. Maybe she never left Utah. It's also strange that he left her in a hotel in Utah for several days and flew to Florida to help his dad take their belongs out of storage. I don't believe they'd do that to save money on the storage rent as the plane flights would have cost much more than that. This bothers me. I hope they are talking to that hotel staff in Salt Lake City, or wherever in Utah this happened.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It seems that police thought Gabby to be the violent one. They are also looking to see if there is a connection to a newlywed couple found shot to death at a campsite near Moab, Utah the day after Gabby's police incident. She had told police she thought Laundrie was going to leave her in Moab.

https://abc7ny.com/11024439/?ex_cid=TA_WABC_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1MJbSeYfMdwPUhaZFVk5UmJd2zv-zOY-5BzBYb4uUpP9Ap7J__adsmFFw

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, susieice said:

It seems that police thought Gabby to be the violent one. They are also looking to see if there is a connection to a newlywed couple found shot to death at a campsite near Moab, Utah the day after Gabby's police incident. She had told police she thought Laundrie was going to leave her in Moab.

https://abc7ny.com/11024439/?ex_cid=TA_WABC_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1MJbSeYfMdwPUhaZFVk5UmJd2zv-zOY-5BzBYb4uUpP9Ap7J__adsmFFw

Yea apparently those other 2 newlyweds were found right in that area where Gabby's last text was from. Could be a serial killer thing. But at this point that's just speculation.

Edited by razman
  • Like 3

If that van was hers and he is in possession of it and she is missing and he was most likely the last person around her, you'd think they would be able to question him at how he became solely in possession of her property. I mean sooner or later he's gonna have to say something, even if he did do something , why not say that she took off with someone else and that was the last time he seen her, and he left back home .

• Like 2

Someone on another forum mentioned that it could be a hoax. Maybe not a hoax per se , but something they set up to draw many views to their youtube site. That i suppose would be a positive scenario in this case.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, razman said:

If that van was hers and he is in possession of it and she is missing and he was most likely the last person around her, you'd think they would be able to question him at how he became solely in possession of her property. I mean sooner or later he's gonna have to say something, even if he did do something , why not say that she took off with someone else and that was the last time he seen her, and he left back home .

So the van was hers? Why would she take off and leave the van with him? If he was going to leave her why didn't he stay in Florida when he flew back there? He has a lot of questions to answer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

So the van was hers? Why would she take off and leave the van with him? If he was going to leave her why didn't he stay in Florida when he flew back there? He has a lot of questions to answer.

I'm not sure , but i think it actually is hers , but they both kind of renovated it , so they might be calling it " theirs". I thought i read it was actually her's though.

• Like 2

yea in one article it says " They were traveling together in Gabby's 2012 Ford Transit van".  So i guess it is , technically.

Edited by razman
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, razman said:

yea in one article it says " They were traveling together in Gabby's 2012 Ford Transit van".  So i guess it is.

That is odd that she would just leave it to him like that then. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

That is odd that she would just leave it to him like that then. 

Right , you would have to wonder how he can just take her property and leave it without her. I mean , (they were able to impound it right away ), i'd think that in itself would give them enough probable cause to question him , if not at least bring him in temporarily.

Edited by razman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, razman said:

I'm thinkin they will find a reason to , soon.

I hope so because he has a lot of questions to answer and the sooner he does, the better the chances of finding her if one of them just left the other. It makes you wonder why she didn't contact her family though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

I hope so because he has a lot of questions to answer and the sooner he does, the better the chances of finding her if one of them just left the other. It makes you wonder why she didn't contact her family though.

Yea , like where is her phone? I'm not sure if they could track it if it is still on , even if there is no service where it is. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, susieice said:

Hi Susieice

My understanding is that it is registered in his mother's name and they have used it for years to go on holidays with

• Like 2

I believe they had another row and she’s stormed off. Changed her mind and started head back to where she last saw him. Hitched a ride along the way and got taken. 

I feel she’s alive and around a lot of dogs

i only say that because I picked up a young female energy few times in the week

Edited by Tabane