Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

Apparently his vehicle got from the reserve in Florida back to his house somehow. Get the feeling that his family is gonna be in a whirl of **** soon. Says the police have no plans for a major search in the reserve. There should be a manhunt for this guy.

Edited by razman
  • Like 2

So what's everyone thinking ?

Thinking he did it or thinking she got kicked out of the van and then died on her own or something else ?

All I've seen so far is the police body cam footage.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

.. The thing that attracted my attention was the fact that they were both supposed to be taking medication for mental health problems but they'd both decided to stop taking them :(. An accident waiting to happen, really.

We don’t know that. We know very few actual facts. Excuses made to law enforcement aren’t medical facts.

I think she might still be alive if those mental health excuses had not been used during that police welfare stop, because she might have decided to return home. 

Is it possible that Gabby wandered off on her own and was attacked by whoever killed the newlywed couple who were found in the area where the police spoke to Gabby and her boyfriend/fiance? Is there an update on the newlywed women?

She may have committed suicide, and he panicked, but anything is possible at this point, although his behavior points to wrongful death.

My guess is, they actually broke up before he flew back to Florida to clean out their storage area. The continuation of the trip was solely to assist her with her vlog. Maybe he felt like he was being used, and in a way, that’s how it appeared. It’s certainly no excuse for murder but those two had a poisonous relationship, it seemed, listening to Gabby’s friend back in Florida.

Poisonous relationships can happen regardless of any mental issue.

My best guess is, they broke up and he didn’t want to lose her. He may have killed her out of jealousy, which apparently was an issue he had, according to her best friend. Apparently Brian hid her ID, so she couldn’t go line dancing with her best friend. That could be a warning sign.

Edited by Raptor Witness

1 hour ago, razman said:

Apparently his vehicle got from the reserve in Florida back to his house somehow. Get the feeling that his family is gonna be in a whirl of **** soon. Says the police have no plans for a major search in the reserve. There should be a manhunt for this guy.

This is Florida, where the cops stood outside a Gay bar for at least an hour, listening to a crazed madman's gunfire as he slaughtered one person after another, before entering. Don't expect too much.

Edited by Hammerclaw

1 hour ago, razman said:

I posted a link earlier. The family went to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and found the car with a note on it from the Sheriff's office that it had to be moved. They left it there for him to drive home but when he didn't come home Thursday morning they went and picked it up. Someone in the family drove it back home. They reported him missing on Friday.

So sad. I expect his body will be found soon. The thing that attracted my attention was the fact that they were both supposed to be taking medication for mental health problems but they'd both decided to stop taking them :(. An accident waiting to happen, really.

Is it possible that Gabby wandered off on her own and was attacked by whoever killed the newlywed couple who were found in the area where the police spoke to Gabby and her boyfriend/fiance? Is there an update on the newlywed women?

It's possible that they split up. Laundrie was picked up hitchhiking to Jackson but he must have gone back at some point because he drove the van to Florida. When in all of this she died, I don't know. The autopsy should be done by today. Did he kill her before he left or did he kill her when he went back? Did she die somehow while he was gone? Did he leave and she killed herself? They were both suffering mental breakdowns. Hopefully the autopsy will answer this.

The police said there is nothing connecting her disappearance to the murdered couple other than that one of the victims worked at the store in Moab where the police were called. They didn't really give any info how they reached that conclusion.

I think you are right in that his body is what will be found. Sad.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I posted a link earlier. The family went to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and found the car with a note on it from the Sheriff's office that it had to be moved. They left it there for him to drive home but when he didn't come home Thursday morning they went and picked it up. Someone in the family drove it back home. They reported him missing on Friday.

Oh ,i see , thanks

• Like 1

Police are getting reports that Laundrie was spotted over the weekend in the Mobile, Alabama area.

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/mpd-follow-sightings-of-brian-laundrie-in-tillmans-corner

Police have called the Laundrie home a crime scene. They hauled away Brian's silver Mustang.

https://abc7ny.com/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-disappearance-search/11032442/

They are also investigating a 911 call in Moab, Utah where the caller said Laundrie was slapping Gabby.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-investigation-911-call-brian-laundrie-hitting-slapping

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

So many questions. Wonder if drugs were involved. Also curious how anyone could afford months long cross country adventure. Hopefully we'll get autopsy results soon.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

So many questions. Wonder if drugs were involved. Also curious how anyone could afford months long cross country adventure. Hopefully we'll get autopsy results soon.

It does take a lot of money to do this. Just in gas. They did a lot of camping but they also stayed in hotels and Brian had flown back to Florida for a few days while Gabby stayed in a hotel in Salt Lake City. They said he was helping his dad move their things out of a storage shed to save on the rent but that makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

Something really interesting has popped up today on YouTube, suggesting to me that Gabby may have been alive when the van was spotted in the Spread Creek Dispersed Campground. If so then perhaps the reason why Brian was spotted on his own, further north, at the same time, may have been because he was kicked out of the van?

So maybe there was another big fight, she kicked him out, or he’s on his own by choice, and they separate only to reunite, and this reunion ends in tragedy.

2 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Also curious how anyone could afford months long cross country adventure.

When you are young with little debt and live with your parents, you can save up a few thousand dollars working a low wage job for a year or less.  No rent and no food costs certainly help.,   I think there have been studies that find a 20 something has more disposable income than an adult 50+

Word to the wise, if you are going to travel, do it while you are young.  That also makes camping, youth hostels, and cheap hotels more of an adventure than a pain. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

When you are young with little debt and live with your parents, you can save up a few thousand dollars working a low wage job for a year or less.  No rent and no food costs certainly help.,   I think there have been studies that find a 20 something has more disposable income than an adult 50+

Word to the wise, if you are going to travel, do it while you are young.  That also makes camping, youth hostels, and cheap hotels more of an adventure than a pain. 

This is so true!

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Agreed. Though I'd guess most of population doesn't take 2-3 month vacation. Sorry, it just sounds a little crazy to me.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 3

911 call from the Moonflower store, caller sees Brian as the aggressor.

The pieces are coming together….

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

911 call from the Moonflower store, caller sees Brian as the aggressor.

The pieces are coming together….

Slaps her around, outside, in front of others. Wonder what he's done behind closed doors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reports are the body wasn’t even buried ….  so sad. :(

So now I wonder. Was this animal predation, or was this designed to give the appearance of predation?

33 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Reports are the body wasn’t even buried ….  so sad. :(

So now I wonder. Was this animal predation, or was this designed to give the appearance of predation?

Yea i just saw that helicopter footage and i couldn't see anything on the ground. I haven't seen reports of the body position when found.

Edited by razman
  • Like 1

Last night it was stated that the FBI found a vital piece of evidence with a note that was left behind in the car.  His parents said when they went on Wed to look for Brian and the car they found the note. Of course, we as the general public aren't allowed to know what the note said, as of yet.

The other thing that is bizarre to me is the fact that the search halted yesterday (Monday) and continued today (Tuesday).  Not sure why they would halt it unless they had evidence that he was already dead - which I thought correlated with the note left in the vehicle and maybe some other evidence the authorities had found while searching for him the first time. However, the search seems to be still on for Brian so at this point I have nothing but questions like most people.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Of course, we as the general public aren't allowed to know what the note said, as of yet.

The note was reportedly from the local police that the vehicle needed to be moved from the trailhead parking area.

Psycotherapist Dr. Grande has some interesting insight into the situation rarely heard, and this is where I heard about the note left on the vehicle.

• Like 1

The coroner reportedly came back to the scene today, where Gabby’s body was found. 

Also, I’m hearing reports that grizzly bear prints were found in the vicinity of Gabby’s body.

So even if this is a post mortem predation, there’s no way they’re going to get a conviction, without a confession. Any bear predation of the body, will likely cover Brian’s tracks, unless he shot or stabbed the girl.

This will drive the Nancy Grace’s and John  Walsh’s of network TV, crazy. A grizzly bear in the mix is doom for law enforcement, absolute doom. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 9/19/2021 at 7:11 AM, docyabut2 said:

On the news I read, was said ,he left her in the woods and bears ,coyotes will kill her,  and now he ,s missing and left with a back pack.

So I don,t know that is true. 

to add it was said it could be a bear that kill her but I doubt it, he could have killed her.:(

• Like 1

The autopsy confirmed the remains are Gabby. The coroner's initial determination of death is homicide. A man fitting Laundrie's description was seen on a trail cam in the Florida Panhandle. A pic is in the link.

https://6abc.com/gabby-petito-autopsy-report-brian-laundrie-fbi-search-found-parents/11034585/

An image surfaced on social media that appeared to be a man matching the description of Brian Laundrie was captured on a trail camera walking on a property in the Florida Panhandle area.

The individual was purportedly spotted late Monday night or early Tuesday morning on a trail camera in Baker, which is more than 500 northwest of where authorities have focused their search Laundrie.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1