Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

24 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

It is straight out of a horror movie playbook. Killers of young women on the loose, with clueless, ineffective law enforcement.

Bodies piling up in the wilderness, hungry grizzlies trolling for scraps. I think I’ll pass on Grand Teton for awhile. 

I know , right? it's like they all had a stop ..........  in the Twilight Zone. I suppose it is possible he didn't kill her , maybe whoever killed those other girls killed gabby too, or maybe he killed all of them. He could have figured they would blame him anyway , so just left and clammed up. And if he needs money to get home , he would just use the card anyway. He may not have even known where she was at the time . But again , all speculation at this time. I read somewhere that the Walsh dude is gonna profile this case on an upcomming episode of his " In Pursuit" show.

Edited by razman
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, susieice said:

ABC New York is announcing a funeral will be held for Gabby on Sunday afternoon. It will be opened to the public and the media. LE must have what they want if they are letting the family bury her remains. 

https://abc7ny.com/gabby-petito-funeral-vigil-candles-blue-point/11043822/

BLUE POINT, Long Island (WABC) -- Residents across Bayport-Blue Point will be holding a vigil for Gabby Petito Friday evening, placing candles at the base of their driveways to remember the young woman whose disappearance has garnered nationwide attention.

Organizers are spreading the word of "Light the Night For Gabby Petito" in the hopes the event will not only spread across Long Island, but also the country.

A funeral will be held Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. at Moloney's Holbrook Funeral Home, with the service open to the public.The family has also given its blessing for the media to be there.

Why haven't the police put out her  homicide autopsy? it sad  why  gabby`s  homicide autopsy isn't reported :(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Why haven't the police put out her  homicide autopsy? it sad  why  gabby`s  homicide autopsy isn't reported :(

I'm thinking they must know the results from all the autopsy tests including the DNA if they are letting her be buried. Laundrie still hasn't been named as a suspect in her killing. He's still only a person of interest. I don't know why LE is doing things this way. I wish they would release the autopsy results too.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

From what I read in this article Laundrie is not a suspect in the deaths of Schulte and Turner but that doean't mean that someone other than Laundrie killed all the women and Laundrie is just running scared. It may be there was something in all the autopsies that shares some similarities and are not releasing information until they are certain about who they are looking for.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/9/23/22683079/moab-murders-schulte-turner-case-gabby-petito-impacting-utah-town-grand-county-sheriff-moab-police

The department would later declare the two incidents unrelated, but the online rumor mill is still churning.

“Their timelines lined up for a couple days,” said Sean-Paul Schulte. “There was this big deal about Brian and Gabby getting in a tussle in front of the Moonflower. And Kylen is the kind of person that would step out and say, ‘Hey, stop, you guys be nice.’”

Schulte — and many in Moab — wanted the incidents to be related. They wanted Brian Laundrie to be a suspect, and hoped that a connection could lead to closure, or at the least federal reinforcements sent to assist the small, rural sheriff’s department. It would have marked the first real lead in the case.

“I was kind of hoping the whole Gabby and Brian thing would tie this into a multistate, multilevel thing that would bring the FBI in and take control,“ Schulte told the Deseret News.

• Like 2

So again  why didn't  the police or our FBI put out her  homicide autopsy?and why what really happen to her :(

Edited by docyabut2

43 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

So again  why didn't  the police or our FBI put out her  homicide autopsy?and why what really happen to her

Maybe they are holding some facts back until they catch the murderer.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, razman said:

I read somewhere that the Walsh dude is gonna profile this case on an upcomming episode of his " In Pursuit" show.

Check this out, keeping in mind that Walsh has likely already spoken directly to Gabby’s family.

If he took his own life a body might never be recovered and therefore his whereabouts/disappearance might always remain a mystery and the case will never be truly solved ? 

• Like 3

Just two days ago, I was out exploring the Okefenokee Swamp which straddles the Georgia and Florida border, although most of it is in Georgia I think. There is one stretch of road... Georgia State Route 94 I believe. It gets pretty remote around there.

20 miles isn't typically long for a road, but there were no other vehicles in my view the whole drive. No streetlights, no gas stations, no roads intersecting. Nothing until my turn off onto another long road just over 20 miles after turning onto the road when I missed the road I was supposed to take via GPS. Just pine trees and swamp land for at least many, many miles. Thousands of acres at least, or more. It was a hot day and my car's water pump started leaking about 7 miles down this remote road and the car's thermostat went out.

It was an ordeal getting off this road while accelerating no more than 10 miles per hour because it kept leaking all the coolant and overheating, but during this arduous drive, it made me wonder about places to hide in the woods if I was ever on the run. That spot definitely gets dog-eared.

If this kid is hiding in the woods, that wouldn't be a bad spot. That is, if he isn't dead. I actually hope he's alive and I hope that if he is alive, he turns himself in. The alternative being on the run and hiding out indefinitely would be a hell I'd never want to know.

My thinking is, if he is on the run and hiding out, even cheap motels would be risky. Best way to get out of state from his neck of the woods would by 75 or i-10.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, razman said:

Looks like the parents are already paying the price and probably will for a long time.

If Brian’s parents moved, which I’m sure they will, nobody would remember who they were.

Blaming the parents for simply protecting their son’s constitutional rights, is ridiculous, and a desperate smear campaign, to cover up the police department’s appearance of impotence. When in fact, their hands were essentially tied too, by Gabby’s parents, who were so slow to move on their missing child. 

If I had seen the text, about Yosemite, knowing that was not the correct direction, and the Stan grandfather fiasco, I would’ve been more suspicious than this mother was. Gabby’s mother is the one that gave Brian the head start, not the local police, not the FBI, the inattentive mother.

All this desperate searching of the swamp, which is obviously a ruse, is all about appearances.

John Walsh is a tough true crime fighter, and if my loved one was missing, or the prime suspect was on the run, I would want him on it. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

I'm still concerned about the lack of results from the final autopsy tests. It could take weeks for them to come back. This is why we haven't heard anything. If those tests raise any questions, I hope Gabby's family buried her and didn't cremate her. If they do, the answers will be destroyed. Of course they'll find Laundrie's DNA. He was traveling with her for months. I'm not sure if that will be enough to charge him. There's a good reason for it being there. 

https://outsider.com/news/trending/gabby-petito-death-ruled-homicide-how-long-before-autopsy-report-released/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Can someone please explain why this received so much coverage? Was she the child of someone rich or something?

No. I think it's because she was reported missing and the person she was with showed up at home alone with her van. That got the media's and the public's attention. It probably doesn't hurt to be a pretty young girl either.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

Can someone please explain why this received so much coverage? Was she the child of someone rich or something?

I think it is mainly because the couple posted photos and videos of their journey on Instagram and YouTube and I think Gabby became an instant sensation on social media even before she disappeared. Here is a link to an article trying to explain why this case is getting so much attention : https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/style/gabby-petito-case-tiktok-social-media.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I think it is mainly because the couple posted photos and videos of their journey on Instagram and YouTube and I think Gabby became an instant sensation on social media even before she disappeared. Here is a link to an article trying to explain why this case is getting so much attention : https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/style/gabby-petito-case-tiktok-social-media.html

Yes. I don't recall hearing about how many views she had before her disappearance, but this case really set the internet on fire! 

• Like 1

I'm watching this now. 

https://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/tv/warm-tv-blog/article254497547.html

48 HOURS (10 p.m., CBS) - 48 Hours examines the disappearance and murder of Gabby Petito and the hunt for her boyfriend/fiance Brian Laundrie. The disappearance of the travel blogger while on a cross-country trip with Laundrie generated nationwide interest and became a focus of social media followers. Now correspondent Jericka Duncan gives a detailed timeline of their relationship, their trip and what may have happened. Duncan interviews Petito’s parents; close friend Rose Davis; Jenn and Kyle Bethune, a couple that spotted the white van and alerted the FBI; people who say they saw Petito and Laundrie during their travels; law enforcement officials and more. Duncan will also address the immense amount of attention this case has attracted, and the racial disparities in the reporting on cases involving people of color. This will also stream on Paramount+.

Petito vanished while on a trip with Laundrie across the country in a white van.

Laundrie returned home to North Port, Florida, on September 1. He was alone and made no public comments about her whereabouts or why she wasn’t with him.

Laundrie then disappeared from his family home.

Petito’s body was found September 19 in Bridger-Teton National Forrest in Wyoming and her death was ruled a homicide.

The search continues for Laundrie in a Florida nature preserve.

I am wondering why there is the clean up on the van. Was she killed in it and her body dumped, or is/was there DNA or physical evidence of other people that they needed be concerned about? 

• Like 2

There is something I am also wondering about, in an earlier video of the police searching the parents property. There was a shed and the doors were open and one of the cops walked in and out of it and from the angle of shot seemed empty. I thought he flew home to move their stuff from storage to his dad’s shed there is no mention of if they had found any of her stuff like her computer or other device or in the form of written like a diary on their property that was in storage? All I saw was police taking evidence in boxes from the house 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

There is something I am also wondering about, in an earlier video of the police searching the parents property. There was a shed and the doors were open and one of the cops walked in and out of it and from the angle of shot seemed empty. I thought he flew home to move their stuff from storage to his dad’s shed there is no mention of if they had found any of her stuff like her computer or other device or in the form of written like a diary on their property that was in storage? All I saw was police taking evidence in boxes from the house 

The 48 Hours show last night said police recovered computers from Laundrie's parents' house.

• Like 1