Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

On the news I heard Gabby`s body is still in WY and her funeral was going on today. 

When is Gabby Petito's funeral? The funeral service for Gabby is slated for Sunday, September 26, from 12pm to 5pm, at Moloney's Holbrook Funeral Home in Holbrook, New York. The service will be open to the public, and could also be streamed online after Gabby's case made international news. The memorial service's address is listed below:

Gabby Petito funeral planned for Sunday as Brian Laundrie remains missing: LIVE UPDATES (foxnews.com)

When is Gabby Petito's funeral? (the-sun.com)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

On the news I heard Gabby`s body is still in WY and her funeral was going on today. 

When is Gabby Petito's funeral? The funeral service for Gabby is slated for Sunday, September 26, from 12pm to 5pm, at Moloney's Holbrook Funeral Home in Holbrook, New York. The service will be open to the public, and could also be streamed online after Gabby's case made international news. The memorial service's address is listed below:

Gabby Petito funeral planned for Sunday as Brian Laundrie remains missing: LIVE UPDATES (foxnews.com)

When is Gabby Petito's funeral? (the-sun.com)

This is the first time I've heard that her remains weren't released to the family yet. This is a good thing. Especially since the article mentions an urn. 

My thoughts are with those gathered today to remember this vibrant young woman.

• Like 3

Laundrie was supposedly video taped reading a novel about missing women on August 17.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/brian-laundrie-seen-on-video-reading-novel-about-missing-women

Here's what the book cover looks like and it seems that could be what he's reading.

Annihilation by jeff vandermeer.jpg

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

This article from ABC has some nice pictures. Gabby's stepfather was formerly the Chief of the Blue Point NY Fire Dept.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gabby-petitos-mother-breaks-silence-family-prepares-funeral/story?id=80242151

A lot of pictures of her life from the memorial were released by the funeral home. 

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/funeral-home-releases-gabby-petitos-life-in-pictures/news-story/9b0ad975bdd0d4f0f96e4f5129d7e127

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Laundrie's mom called the cops on Dog the Bounty Hunter when he showed up at their door over the weekend. :lol:

https://www.fox29.com/news/brian-laundries-mother-called-911-on-dog-the-bounty-hunter?fbclid=IwAR1gu26Oo6rfZ2NsLWFQAA3mZWbZJo--RHntMHLkMP3iLD9uEbmFbMlHmjI

https://news.yahoo.com/brian-laundries-family-called-police-160400921.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAK2bZ38WySN6tyVPPUGF-9HCsYsrUdB2jCPUDgxY9KrdfP21GYlSMsYFmNkmSBJFLOAPFU1GIrCuKETrJpfyClS5cRiI9wTFMODq00TF0Pq0A32jPCetZKqcemDD23kuvzM8nqKN1NDvxdXd4eh7CdWrk-fzAtPo-HLZZkzjsifb

The North Port Police Department responded to a 911 call from Laundrie's family on Saturday, reporting that Chapman was on the property of their North Port home, police department spokesman Josh Taylor said.

"We did not tell him to leave," Taylor told Insider in reference to Chapman. "He left on his own."

In an interview with Fox News on Monday, Chapman said that "it's a shame" that the Laundrie's "wouldn't speak with us."

"The police said we were welcome to knock on the door so we did," said Chapman. "I wanted to tell the Laundrie's that our goal is to find Brian and bring him in alive."

• Like 5

Contact Dog the Bounty Hunter if you spot Brian. He'll definitely share the reward money.

• Like 2

I saw this headline a couple of days ago and it puzzled me a LOT.

https://vnexplorer.net/gabby-petito-viewing-taking-place-sunday-on-long-island-as-lines-form-at-funeral-home-ez2021938732.html

The word "viewing" has always meant exactly that, in the funeral tradition of southerners.  It was also referred to as a "wake" but in both cases there was a viewing of the person's body.  I knew this couldn't be possible if her corpse had been dead for many days in the western heat.  I guess they used the word instead of calling it a wake.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, and then said:

https://vnexplorer.net/gabby-petito-viewing-taking-place-sunday-on-long-island-as-lines-form-at-funeral-home-ez2021938732.html

The word "viewing" has always meant exactly that, in the funeral tradition of southerners.  It was also referred to as a "wake" but in both cases there was a viewing of the person's body.  I knew this couldn't be possible if her corpse had been dead for many days in the western heat.  I guess they used the word instead of calling it a wake.  

Docy posted a link that said Gabby's remains are still in Wyoming. I was surprised that they would have been released to the family so early in the investigation before all the questions were answered and the autopsy completed. No other news links said that, but I don't think they actually had Gabby. I think it was more of a memorial service.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, and then said:

Yea i imagine it would not be a pretty sight if they did have the body. Ironic that they call these things a " wake " in the first place.

Edited by razman
  • Like 4

Here's a couple of updates. Dog says he found a campsite that could be linked to Laundrie and he believes there is evidence that could link his parents to the site also. A man from Louisiana says he saw a man he believes was Laundrie drinking alone in a bar the day before Gabby was last seen alive. He says the man looked angry. Police are scaling back their search of the Carlton Reserve and will target areas based on evidence. A local rancher says Laundrie could never survive in the Reserve and if he died you'd see all the buzzards swarming.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/27/search-for-brian-laundrie-live-updates-in-gabby-petito-case/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's the Florida rancher and what he says about surviving the Reserve.

https://www.fox29.com/news/gabby-petito-case-florida-cowboy-says-no-surviving-swamp-where-police-are-searching-for-brian-laundrie?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1zqT3QV2IqyhGLOI0zB4croDN8SU8hXDA4mKyp8jILxEeGlnbHjc8Szro

I’ve been in the woods in and out all my life … I have learned a lot in my life, and one thing I know is no one is gonna survive out there for two weeks on foot," McEwen said.

Since Laundrie reportedly entered the reserve nearly two weeks ago, torrential rainfall has flooded the area with waist-deep water, rendering the lot where Laundrie is said to have left his car unrecognizable.

"Unless he’s got a butt like a duck and can float, he’s not in there," McEwen said as he gave Fox News Digital a tour of the submerged park in his swamp buggy. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Why is this the only murder / missing persons case going on in the world? So many people are missing and never found and they didn’t get half this much effort into finding them. It’s stupid how the media just grabs a story and feeds it to people like a dog with a bone. Wake up something else is going on in the world besides this. 
They will find this prick alive or dead he will have his day being judged one way or the other. We should be putting this kind of news publication into every missing persons case.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Freez1 said:

Why is this the only murder / missing persons case going on in the world? So many people are missing and never found and they didn’t get half this much effort into finding them. It’s stupid how the media just grabs a story and feeds it to people like a dog with a bone. Wake up something else is going on in the world besides this. 
They will find this prick alive or dead he will have his day being judged one way or the other. We should be putting this kind of news publication into every missing persons case.

Why does it bother you so much?    If they reported on every missing person, there would be no interest in any of them.   There are thousands of stories that can be reported on daily, but the outlets are going to pick and choose what to report on because they can't do them all.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, and then said:

I despise viewings.   With all thge pics we have now, why would anyone want to look at the corpse.   I have a few people where I went to their viewing.   It's hard for that image not to be one of the first to come to mind when I think of them.   They never look like how they did in real life.  Caked with makeup.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Freez1 said:

It was the internet that fueled all this interest.

• Like 3

I don't believe anymore that Laundrie's parents don't know anything like they claim. They certainly knew he returned alone from the trip. Didn't they ask him where Gabby was? Or did they already know he was coming back alone and never said anything? That camping trip they all took is also suspicious to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/us/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-update-tuesday/index.html

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

It was the internet that fueled all this interest.

Also it was a bit different than the typical missing person case.   The boyfriend just driving home is odd.   

• Like 4

9 hours ago, susieice said:

I don't believe anymore that Laundrie's parents don't know anything like they claim. They certainly knew he returned alone from the trip. Didn't they ask him where Gabby was? Or did they already know he was coming back alone and never said anything? That camping trip they all took is also suspicious to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/us/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-update-tuesday/index.html

Yea i just figured he said she went back to new york or something.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Myles said:

Also it was a bit different than the typical missing person case.   The boyfriend just driving home is odd.   

Yea thats what caught my attention at first , that these kids were chronicling their trip and traveling all over and seemed to be having fun , then all of a sudden he just  drives back without her. At first i didn't think much of it , but then after her whereabouts were unknown for a while , then i began wondering.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, razman said:

Yea i imagine it would not be a pretty sight if they did have the body. Ironic that they call these things a " wake " in the first place.

It's because the family would sit around to see if the deceased would wake up before they buried them.  Many times people exhibited sign of death, but were actually very sick or in a coma and coukd/would wake up

• Like 2