Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

Maybe his parents are helping him. I'm really beginning to think they did.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, susieice said:

Maybe his parents are helping him. I'm really beginning to think they did.

Well if they find that they did , they'll be in a world of ****.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, razman said:

That is , if it was him. I mean , imagining it was , then we'd be seeing that not only is he not in the florida park , but also has this truck , so it would almost look like someone was helping him. But maybe it wasn't him then again , or truck could be stolen.

Hi Razman

It seems odd what he was said to have said about fighting with his girlfriend so I am not so sure that this isn't a made up story, why would he draw attention to himself ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Razman

It seems odd what he was said to have said about fighting with his girlfriend so I am not so sure that this isn't a made up story, why would he draw attention to himself ?

Yea i know what you mean , the story does kind of fit Brian's narrative too well. Maybe brian is struggling with all thats going on , and having difficulty , or maybe he thinks thats just the thing that might throw someone off , i don't know.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, razman said:

Maybe brian is struggling with all thats going on , and having difficulty , or maybe he thinks thats just the thing that might throw someone off , i don't know.

If he is at that stage he will likely eat a lead breath mint. I doubt it was him and would like to know more about the guy telling the story, I can describe a truck and tell a story too.:D

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Razman

It's really weird too about how he told that guy he was taking that back road to California to get to her and said he wouldn't take the highway. Somebody sounds drunk or on drugs. He's staying on the Waterville Road and following the Pigeon River all the way to California :blink:

"He said me and my girlfriend had a fight, and man, I love her, and she called me, and I need to go out to California to see her," Davis explained. Davis then told the driver to take I-40 West, but the driver said no and that he would rather stay on Waterville Road by the Pigeon River.

"He said, ‘No, I think this road that we're on — I'm going to take it to California,'" Davis said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

It's really weird too about how he told that guy he was taking that back road to California to get to her and said he wouldn't take the highway. Somebody sounds drunk or on drugs. He's staying on the Waterville Road and following the Pigeon River all the way to California :blink:

"He said me and my girlfriend had a fight, and man, I love her, and she called me, and I need to go out to California to see her," Davis explained. Davis then told the driver to take I-40 West, but the driver said no and that he would rather stay on Waterville Road by the Pigeon River.

"He said, ‘No, I think this road that we're on — I'm going to take it to California,'" Davis said.

Hi Susieice

Exactly, maybe Davies was drunk or stoned, does he have a girlfriend that he fought with? He has no pics that he took to back up anything nor does he have other witnesses to back up his story. Laundrie driving a vehicle is way too risky unless your dumping it when it runs out of gas then hiking it again as service stations have way too many cameras for him to take that kind of chance

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Susieice

Exactly, maybe Davies was drunk or stoned, does he have a girlfriend that he fought with? He has no pics that he took to back up anything nor does he have other witnesses to back up his story. Laundrie driving a vehicle is way too risky unless your dumping it when it runs out of gas then hiking it again as service stations have way too many cameras for him to take that kind of chance

Yes. The article says the FBI and police have not been in touch with Davies after his phone calls. If you really read what he says, it makes no sense at all. 

• Like 2

At first I was convinced that this Davis guy really did encounter Brian, since he was so certain it was him. But the more I think about it and the more I read comments from others, I sort of doubt it.... Just a little too detailed. And where on earth did he come by a pickup? Mom & Dad helping? Or maybe he stole it. Who knows but I think he's probably getting pretty tired of hiding out like this. UNLESS somebody is helping him. which is pretty obvious by now. 

• Like 3

I assume the parents helped him a bit.   Maybe gave him some cash and pointed him in the right direction.  He could probably hide in the wilderness for awhile, but I think he'll be found soon.

• Like 3

I hope he is found soon, so we can put a stop to this circus! I'm sure his parents are helping, otherwise he wouldn't be able to stay  hidden by himself. He's got to restock his food and water supply. 

And I am a little puzzled... if this Davis guy's story is real and it was Brian he encountered... then where did he get the truck? 

I dunno... I'm not sure this is for real. 

So, his sister spoke up. Good for her. Now tell us where Brian is. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PrissyGal2 said:

So, his sister spoke up. Good for her. Now tell us where Brian is. 

Hi PrissyGal

Her family likely hasn't told her much given her comments about being kept out of the loop, her and Brian may have issues with each other that she is not talking about and they don't trust her to keep her mouth shut. Yes I think the parents helped but doubt if they got him a truck as that would require him to have to get fuel and the risk is too great for him. He is likely still on foot keeping away from people and with the surveilance on the family it is not likely they can contact him or make provisions for him through their personal contacts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi PrissyGal

Her family likely hasn't told her much given her comments about being kept out of the loop, her and Brian may have issues with each other that she is not talking about and they don't trust her to keep her mouth shut. Yes I think the parents helped but doubt if they got him a truck as that would require him to have to get fuel and the risk is too great for him. He is likely still on foot keeping away from people and with the surveilance on the family it is not likely they can contact him or make provisions for him through their personal contacts.

I would hope the parents are now being monitored. LE should be able to tell if they get in touch with him. They could be going through a third party, but I don't know if I'd trust someone else to keep quiet.

It doesn't sound like the sister is being told much of anything. I agree, they probably don't trust her.

• Like 1

Laundrie had flown from Utah to Florida for a couple of days, but we knew this from before. Always had questions about this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brian-laundrie-flew-home-florida-165721176.html

Brian Laundrie flew alone to Florida from Utah during his cross-country road trip with his fiancée, Gabby Petito, to "obtain some items" and "empty and close" a storage unit, a lawyer for the Laundrie family said on Tuesday.

Laundrie flew to Tampa from Salt Lake City on August 17 and returned to Salt Lake City on August 23 to "rejoin" Petito on the couple's "van life" road trip, the attorney, Steven Bertolino, told Insider.

"To my knowledge Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses," Bertolino said.

Laundrie, 23, went to Florida "to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip," Bertolino said.

When asked where the storage unit was, Bertolino told Insider he had "no idea."

According to the new timeline from Bertolino, Laundrie flew back to Florida just days after the couple had a run-in with police in Moab, Utah.

Edited by susieice

1 minute ago, susieice said:

I would hope the parents are now being monitored. LE should be able to tell if they get in touch with him. They could be going through a third party, but I don't know if I'd trust someone else to keep quiet.

Hi Susieice

I would think that all their phones and internet accounts are being monitored since they reported Brian missing and are likely tracking the GPS on their vehicles. They may have bought a burner phone for themselves to use but these people do not seem like professional criminals so not sure that they have the means to send a message through anyone else that could not be intercepted. They may have spent some time organizing a route and possible contacts in the week or so prior to the camping trip to drop off supplies at a couple of locations knowing that they would be heavily watched after reporting him missing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Laundrie, 23, went to Florida "to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip," Bertolino said.

When asked where the storage unit was, Bertolino told Insider he had "no idea."

I thought when this was brought up early in the thread that they were moving their stuff to the shed at his dad's place yet when the property was being searched you could see the shed doors open and a police officer walk in and out and it did not appear that there was anything in the shed. There has been not mention of any of Gabby's personal belongings other than some electronics that were in the house when they were collecting evidence so where did Brian's and Gabby's things go. I have to wonder if he(they) knew and were preparing for Gabby's death while he was back home, did they do something on their trip that was creating stress between them and was he worried that she would talk?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I thought when this was brought up early in the thread that they were moving their stuff to the shed at his dad's place yet when the property was being searched you could see the shed doors open and a police officer walk in and out and it did not appear that there was anything in the shed. There has been not mention of any of Gabby's personal belongings other than some electronics that were in the house when they were collecting evidence so where did Brian's and Gabby's things go. I have to wonder if he(they) knew and were preparing for Gabby's death while he was back home, did they do something on their trip that was creating stress between them and was he worried that she would talk?

Very good questions! Why would he fly back right then to move things. They said in the news reports to save money, but they paid for the flights and a hotel room for Gabby to stay in? There's been no reports that any of their stuff (especially Gabby's) was ever found anywhere at the house or what they moved. LE certainly would have taken some things for evidence. His parent's seemed too uncaring for me when Brian returned home alone. I'm convinced they knew something. At the very least, they would have asked where Gabby was that she didn't come back with him. If he told them he dropped her off in New York, they would have known he was lying when her parents reported her missing. A lot of reports have since surfaced that Gabby's father had called Laundrie's parents several times after they didn't hear from her and before they reported her missing. Why didn't they tell those poor people that their son was home and Gabby wasn't with him. That's not the way you would treat your future daughter-in-laws family if you really cared. This all indicates they knew something. At least to me it does.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, susieice said:

His parent's seemed too uncaring for me when Brian returned home alone. I'm convinced they knew something. At the very least, they would have asked where Gabby was that she didn't come back with him.

Hi Susieice

There is something off about the family indeed and do wonder if they knew he was going to kill her on his return, if they did they could have been making all kinds of preparation for when he returned. If Brian killed her then and they knew it they are pretty cold hearted in that they just went about their daily lives going for bike rides together like nothing happened. 

They were blogging their trip did she make any media comments during the time that Brain was back home or even after he returned from his home trip? Her phone seems to have not been found when her body was and they still have not released any information about her autopsy so am curious what happened that is not being discussed.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Susieice

There is something off about the family indeed and do wonder if they knew he was going to kill her on his return, if they did they could have been making all kinds of preparation for when he returned. If Brian killed her then and they knew it they are pretty cold hearted in that they just went about their daily lives going for bike rides together like nothing happened. 

They were blogging their trip did she make any media comments during the time that Brain was back home or even after he returned from his home trip? Her phone seems to have not been found when her body was and they still have not released any information about her autopsy so am curious what happened that is not being discussed.

I don't know if she was blogging while Brian was in Florida. I hope LE talked to the hotel manager and staff where Gabby was staying. I'm thinking she must have been alive as her body was found in Wyoming and not Utah unless he transported her body. There should be a record of the hotel bill. She certainly was no where near Yosemite like the family said her last text was from. I agree with them. That text was phony.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

. I'm thinking she must have been alive as her body was found in Wyoming and not Utah.

Hi Susieice

Yes I believe she was alive when Brian went home but am wondering if he already had planned to kill her on his return. I am sure that when he came home without Gabby that his parents knew that she was dead and were making plans for him to flee.

It is odd that he had to move their stuff because they were planning on extending their trip but her parents were still expecting her to return at the original return date. If they were going to extend their trip then her parents should have known that she would not be returning at the original date and yet they did not know. Both of them were supposed to be on medications and were not so did something happen and Gabby was losing it because of guilt?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Susieice

Yes I believe she was alive when Brian went home but am wondering if he already had planned to kill her on his return. I am sure that when he came home without Gabby that his parents knew that she was dead and were making plans for him to flee.

It is odd that he had to move their stuff because they were planning on extending their trip but her parents were still expecting her to return at the original return date. If they were going to extend their trip then her parents should have known that she would not be returning at the original date and yet they did not know. Both of them were supposed to be on medications and were not so did something happen and Gabby was losing it because of guilt?

I would also think Gabby would have told her family if they were going to extend the trip. Brian came back way early and his parents didn't seem surprised. I think they knew she wasn't coming back too. Did Brian come back because he was already irritated with Gabby and they needed to separate for a bit?

Both of them not taking their meds certainly escalated their mental states. You can see on the police cam video of the traffic stop that she was in a high state of anxiety. Being in such close quarters together in the van all the time probably didn't help either. I question how the police handled the situation, but did they really know the full extent of the situation? Did the dispatcher tell them everything they should have? We'd need to hear the dispatch call to know what they were told.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Brian's parents - " Whoops I think Brian actually left a day earlier then we said before , May have been the 13th , not the 14th. "   , They don't know which day he left? Before they said they last saw him on the 14th. I mean she was reported missing on the 11th , and the law was already there. They know they are watching him , and they don't know which day he left.

Brian Laundrie's parents say their missing son vanished a day earlier than what they previously told police (msn.com)

Edited by razman
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, susieice said:

I would also think Gabby would have told her family if they were going to extend the trip. Brian came back way early and his parents didn't seem surprised. I think they knew she wasn't coming back too. Did Brian come back because he was already irritated with Gabby and they needed to separate for a bit?

Both of them not taking their meds certainly escalated their mental states. You can see on the police cam video of the traffic stop that she was in a high state of anxiety. Being in such close quarters together in the van all the time probably didn't help either. I question how the police handled the situation, but did they really know the full extent of the situation? Did the dispatcher tell them everything they should have? We'd need to hear the dispatch call to know what they were told.

Usually you can pick up meds at almost any pharmacy , at least of a similiar one as the one they use back home , or have it transferred or something. You would think they would make some plans ahead of time so they have what meds they need. You know anxiety can be really difficult at times , especially on the road. Like the song goes " paranoia will destroy ya" 

Edited by razman
  • Like 2