Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

Brian's sister Cassie says she don't know if their parents are involved or not , but if they are they should come forward. And she is cooperating with police. Is that before or after she said she hasn't seen him since he's been back?

Edited by razman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, razman said:

Usually you can pick up meds at almost any pharmacy , at least of a similiar one as the one they use back home , or have it transferred or something. You would think they would make some plans ahead of time so they have what meds they need. You know anxiety can be really difficult at times , especially on the road. Like the song goes " paranoia will destroy ya" 

Hi Razman

From what has been said I think that they were not taking them by choice and that may have been a factor in what happened.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, razman said:

Brian's sister Cassie says she don't know if their parents are involved or not , but if they are they should come forward. And she is cooperating with police. Is that before or after she said she hasn't seen him since he's been back?

Hi Razman

At this point there is little doubt that they were helping him which is why they were not letting Cassie see Brain until the camping trip, I don't think they trusted her not to say something and were likely planning for Brian to go missing and did not want her involved.

• Like 4

On 10/5/2021 at 2:26 PM, susieice said:

I would hope the parents are now being monitored. LE should be able to tell if they get in touch with him. They could be going through a third party, but I don't know if I'd trust someone else to keep quiet.

It doesn't sound like the sister is being told much of anything. I agree, they probably don't trust her.

Hi, I agree with you. That was my thought too, about the truck. This had to be a mistaken identity. I'm pretty sure Brian would not have gone and bought a truck, for fear of being recognized. And if the parents didn't help for whatever reason, he would have had to steal one. The sister did sound sincere and I also think she didn't know  all the details. However,  this case has been all over the news. Maybe she doesn't  watch the news. This is one weird dysfunctional family. The Petito and Schmidt families must be as disgusted as we are. Brian should consider himself lucky that they are exceptional people. I know many families who would have reacted a LOT different in a similar situation. 

I'm wondering if they're going to give up on the searches in the preserve. It should be pretty obvious that if he's in there, he's no longer alive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, razman said:

I just saw this too. The reserve is now closed to the public.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/us/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-update-wednesday/index.html

• Like 2

7 hours ago, susieice said:

The Laundrie family attorney released a statement saying Laundrie's father was asked to assist in the search Wednesday. LE totally denies this.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-laundrie-manhunt-chris-laundrie-joins-search

Yea this is an odd group, shady . Also Brian's dad apparently searched for Brian at that reserve on Monday , the 13th, though again , before at first they said he left on the 14th, or to be fair , that they hadn't seen him since the 14th. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, razman said:

Yea this is an odd group, shady . Also Brian's dad apparently searched for Brian at that reserve on Monday , the 13th, though again , before at first they said he left on the 14th, or to be fair , that they hadn't seen him since the 14th. 

i wonder if the father is trying to lure the police away from where Brian actually went.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, razman said:

There's a neverending changing story coming from those parents.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, Myles said:

i wonder if the father is trying to lure the police away from where Brian actually went.

This wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Like 5

Intersesting , Gabby's stepdad said on Dr Phil that the stone cross that he left there was the exact spot that gabby was found. 

gabby-petito-stepdad-memorial-742-dNJncd-1068x712.jpeg

• Like 2

"You can see where the rocks had been moved to make a fire ring and there was a clearing," he said, "Her body was found — what would be — in front of the tent if that’s what was there or in front of the fire ring."

Jim also recounted leaving a stone cross on the exact location where her body lay with flowers by her chest.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, razman said:

Intersesting , Gabby's stepdad said on Dr Phil that the stone cross that he left there was the exact spot that gabby was found. 

I thought no one knew who put it there. So her stepdad says he did?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, razman said:

"You can see where the rocks had been moved to make a fire ring and there was a clearing," he said, "Her body was found — what would be — in front of the tent if that’s what was there or in front of the fire ring."

Jim also recounted leaving a stone cross on the exact location where her body lay with flowers by her chest.

I don't think I'd set up a campsite on such rocky ground. Before they showed pictures of logs with orange marks on them. Where are they? I'm just wondering if this is where she was actually found.

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

I don't think I'd set up a campsite on such rocky ground. Before they showed pictures of logs with orange marks on them. Where are they? I'm just wondering if this is where she was actually found.

Yea , i dont see anything resembling a fire ring . Or any logs , but i'm not sure if the log pics were real or not , don't look like there was any large amount of activity there , but maybe it blew over the sandy ground , it's possible that LE could have moved things around when out there i suppose , or could be just the angle of the pic . Different pics show different things depending on which pic it is .   image-231.png?resize=412%2C532&ssl=1

Edited by razman
  • Like 2

One above is from the NY Times Post. Looks different. Gotta wonder which one might be the actual one , if any.

Edited by razman
  • Like 2

While I was looking at the link Razman gave I saw this one and will post it as it was brought up earlier if there was a connection 

https://www.yourtango.com/news/is-gabby-petito-disappearance-connected-kylen-schulte-and-crystal-turner-murder

Keys allegedly found where Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner may link to Brian Laundrie.

Online dectectives have claimed that a set of keys was found near Turner and Schulte's bodies with a membership card for a rock climbing gym attatched. 

The keys were reportedly given to Schulte's father who turned them into the police after carrying out his own search of the area. 

On Laundrie's Instagram, he once shared an image of him assisting a child at a rock climbing gym — where some claim he once worked. 

• Like 3

https://www.yourtango.com/news/where-was-brian-laundries-car-found-carlton-reserve

Brian Laundrie’s parents appear to be changing their account of when their son went missing as cracks begin to show in their story

The Laundries initially reported their son missing on September 17, saying they last saw him on September 14.

The report coincided with Laundrie being named a person of interest in the disappearance, and now homicide, of his girlfriend Gabby Petito. 

Now, the family’s attorney, Steven Bertolino, says Laudrie’s parents believe he left their home on September 13. 

The updated timeline coincides with the release of a police report which shows that the car Laundrie drove from his family’s home was never parked at the Carlton Reserve, where police have focused their search for him since his disappearance.  

Where was Brian Laundrie’s car found? 

According to a redacted police report about an abandoned car — believed to be Laundrie’s — the Ford Mustang was discovered at 6968 Reisterstown Road at Myakkahatchee Environmental Park.

• Like 2

Yea i saw the link there but didn't seem like a lot of info ,so hard to say . Here is another quote about the cross , so it sounds more like the second " cross" pic.

Nicole’s husband, James Schmidt, who had been assisting with search and rescue efforts in the region, visited the site on Wednesday and left a small memorial to honor Gabby.

There was also another larger cross made out of stones near to where Gabby was found, though a friend of the family told the media that it was simply happenstance.

“We did go – the small cross with flowers was made by Jim and myself,” Jame’s friend Gary Rider told The Independent.

“That larger cross was not done by anyone connected with the search or recovery of Gabby,” he said. “It was just a coincidence, we confirmed that.”

• Like 2

Now police are saying there was no campsite found on the reserve. CNN also says Laundrie's father was at the reserve with police, which LE denied, a link that I previously posted here. This case is really becoming a mess.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/07/us/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-update-thursday/index.html

• Like 3
  • Confused 1