Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

https://www.yourtango.com/news/where-was-brian-laundries-car-found-carlton-reserve

Brian Laundrie’s parents appear to be changing their account of when their son went missing as cracks begin to show in their story

The Laundries initially reported their son missing on September 17, saying they last saw him on September 14.

The report coincided with Laundrie being named a person of interest in the disappearance, and now homicide, of his girlfriend Gabby Petito. 

Now, the family’s attorney, Steven Bertolino, says Laudrie’s parents believe he left their home on September 13. 

The updated timeline coincides with the release of a police report which shows that the car Laundrie drove from his family’s home was never parked at the Carlton Reserve, where police have focused their search for him since his disappearance.  

Where was Brian Laundrie’s car found? 

According to a redacted police report about an abandoned car — believed to be Laundrie’s — the Ford Mustang was discovered at 6968 Reisterstown Road at Myakkahatchee Environmental Park.

Yea , from what it sounds like , the LE is still searching that reserve area, so maybe they have some info that keeps them there . Then there is the recent mention of the recent campsite there. I imagine there is a lot not released at this time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, razman said:

Yea , from what it sounds like , the LE is still searching that reserve area, so maybe they have some info that keeps them there . Then there is the recent mention of the recent campsite there. I imagine there is a lot not released at this time.

I just posted about the campsite too. CNN says the police say there was no campsite found.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Now police are saying there was no campsite found on the reserve. CNN also says Laundrie's father was at the reserve with police, which LE denied, a link that I previously posted here. This case is really becoming a mess.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/07/us/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-update-thursday/index.html

Yea i know , it's turning into circus nearly. It's hard to tell what is real news or not so far sometimes .

Edited by razman
  • Like 5

David Muir on ABC World News Tonight also reported tonight that Laundrie's father was helping police search. All these news outlets must have confirmed this somewhere.

• Like 3

Heck , wouldn't surprise me if each news outlet don't go out and throws a few stones out in the shape of a cross , throw some flowers by it and take a pic , then add it into a Gabby article.

Edited by razman
  • Like 4

I saw this and thought I would add it because of and earlier link I gave about the 2 women that had been killed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16258250/gabby-petito-sleuths-gun-photo-brian-laundrie-bedroom/

DISTURBING PIC 

Gabby Petito case: Sleuths think she may be holding GUN in photo after possible firearm seen in Brian Laundrie’s bedroom

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I saw this and thought I would add it because of and earlier link I gave about the 2 women that had been killed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16258250/gabby-petito-sleuths-gun-photo-brian-laundrie-bedroom/

DISTURBING PIC 

Gabby Petito case: Sleuths think she may be holding GUN in photo after possible firearm seen in Brian Laundrie’s bedroom

I saw somewhere in one of these links that a man Laundrie worked with said he conceal carried while they worked together. He said another person that worked there also remembered that he did and that they had discussed guns.

• Like 3

I'm watching Nightline and they are showing pictures of Laundrie's dad in a jeep with police searching for Brian.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, susieice said:

I saw somewhere in one of these links that a man Laundrie worked with said he conceal carried while they worked together. He said another person that worked there also remembered that he did and that they had discussed guns.

Hi Susieice

Yes I saw that as well and think it was in this link that I read that.

https://www.yourtango.com/news/did-brian-laundrie-own-gun-clues-gabby-petito-was-shot

Redditor u/luca423 alleges to have worked with Laundrie when he still worked at Publix claimed the 23-year-old carried a concealed weapon, saying “I know for a fact he had his CCW in Florida.”

“I even asked another employee,” he said, “who worked there as well who is big into guns and he said yeah he 100% remembers him having one as well and that they’ve talked about guns before.”
Edited by jmccr8
fat fingers
  • Like 3

I also did see in one of the other articles I read that the logs near where her body was found had orange paint sprayed on them in several places that may have been where bullets had been lodged.

• Like 3

image.jpeg.793ef643ce2ef9a71e7583ecbf7f028b.jpeg  image.jpeg.1280b23b1dcd6fb7de256e5225459132.jpeg

Here's pictures. I just don't understand why someone would camp at such a rocky site. It would be hard just to walk around much less pitch a tent I would think. Just not a place I'd choose.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know this is all speculation on my part and treat it as such on my part as well. If the keys that were found near where the other women were killed were Brian’s and he was responsible for their deaths it makes me wonder if all three women died at the same time/place. He could have moved Gabby to there other location as it is not sure if she died where they found her. I also saw a couple of other articles that talk about a missing black tarp and about him burying something. Her could have used the tarp to wrap her and evidence in to move her around then buried the tarp and whatever afterwards. He and his dad did a thorough clean up on the van when he came back. Was him coming home to move stuff a ruse to come home for advice because she was already dead?

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, susieice said:

image.jpeg.793ef643ce2ef9a71e7583ecbf7f028b.jpeg  image.jpeg.1280b23b1dcd6fb7de256e5225459132.jpeg

Here's pictures. I just don't understand why someone would camp at such a rocky site. It would be hard just to walk around much less pitch a tent I would think. Just not a place I'd choose.

I doubt if it was a camp site either

• Like 3

On 10/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, Myles said:

I assume the parents helped him a bit.   Maybe gave him some cash and pointed him in the right direction.  He could probably hide in the wilderness for awhile, but I think he'll be found soon.

Very possible.  Mine were just the opposite.  They'd have reported me themselves.  They'd have driven me in to give myself up and they'd help in every legal way they could but harming a woman who wasn't pointing a gun at me would have been a non-negotiable sin.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, susieice said:

I just posted about the campsite too. CNN says the police say there was no campsite found.

Hi, Susie. I wonder if the police are deliberately giving out bits of misinformation to see if the Laundries adjust their story to fit the 'new' information?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Hi, Susie. I wonder if the police are deliberately giving out bits of misinformation to see if the Laundries adjust their story to fit the 'new' information?

That's a pretty good theory ouija. Either that or they may be trying to throw off the press from reporting everything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

gee she must have  been shot is why they did`nt put out her  autopsy  :(

It's a possibility docy. Can't say for sure.

• Like 1

Could have been shot, or strangled, or beat to death with a rock or something. We don't know... and there is a reason for that. LE doesn't want to release the autopsy results because there's always a few kooks out there who will falsely confess to a crime so that all the attention is on them. And it also gives LE a leverage once they do make an arrest. The perp will reveal some little detail that only they (and LE) would know. 

I hope he is found soon, but they could be looking in the wrong place. Or maybe not. I'm sure her family is praying for this to be over. 

• Like 5

The Teton County Coroner is holding a press conference tomorrow (Tuesday) on Gabby's autopsy. It will happen at 2:30 pm East Coast Time. Maybe we'll get some answers now. I sure hope so.

I wonder if Laundrie's parents are ready for this.

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news/teton-county-coroner-to-hold-press-conference-on-gabby-petito-autopsy-on-tuesday/

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/national/teton-county-coroner-to-hold-press-conference-regarding-gabby-petitos-autopsy

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-autopsy-wyoming-coroner-hold-press-conference-tuesday

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dog is off the search after injuring his ankle. He has a team that will continue while he goes to Colorado to see his doctor.

https://www.newsweek.com/dog-bounty-hunter-leaves-brian-laundrie-search-after-injuring-himself-1637458

• Like 1

Watching the news conference now live on Court TV. Cause of death was strangulation. Wyoming only releases cause and manner of death. They were waiting for the toxicology results to come back. He wouldn't comment on whether there were bruises. They do have DNA and her body was outside for 3-4 weeks. Her remains were turned over to the mortuary in Wyoming and they will handle the family. John Walsh asked if they know if Laundrie killed her and the coroner said he doesn't determine that. He needs to speak to LE, naming the FBI in particular. He called in again and was told he can't comment on a possible suspect. That's up to LE. He also isn't allowed to say if the body was buried or on the surface. There's a lot he can't comment on, like was she killed where she was found or was her body moved. He also couldn't say if animals had been active around her body. He did say the FBI sent samples to a forensic entomologist. He did confirm that she was not pregnant.

Will post a link when it goes online.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Watching the news conference now live on Court TV. Cause of death was strangulation. Wyoming only releases cause and manner of death. They were waiting for the toxicology results to come back. He wouldn't comment on whether there were bruises. They do have DNA and her body was outside for 3-4 weeks. Her remains were turned over to the mortuary in Wyoming and they will handle the family. John Walsh asked if they know if Laundrie killed her and the coroner said he doesn't determine that. He needs to speak to LE, naming the FBI in particular. He called in again and was told he can't comment on a possible suspect. That's up to LE.

Will post a link when it goes online.

I was going to put strangulation on before it was revealed, but now we all know :(

• Like 4

Just now, docyabut2 said:

I was going to put strangulation on before it was revealed, but now we all know :(

I added a lot to my post since you quoted me docy. You may want to go back and look. Yes, it was strangulation but he can't comment on any bruising around the neck or elsewhere.

• Like 2