Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

He said her cause of death required investigation. They needed test results to show it. There were a number of pathologists and toxicology reports they had to wait for to come in. It's over now but the coroner stressed that Wyoming statutes allow him to release only the cause and manner of death. We will need to hear from the FBI before we can get any more information.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Here's a live link to a discussion going on at a news station in Florida. Hopefully it will come up as a regular link when it ends. They said her estimated time of death goes to before Laundrie flew home. Interesting. The timeline shows that Gabby talked to her dad and her mom after Brian had done that. A lot of points coming up.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

What was the motive, why did Laundrie strangled Gabby:(?  in the photos it shows Gabby jumping on his back and he didnt like it and she said she hit him first when the police stopped them  from fighting.  there were marks  on  Laundrie face and arm and Gabby only had one little mark on her chin.So some girls do get drunk and want to fight. I like to find out why did Laundrie strangled Gabby.What was the reason ?

• Like 1

Just now, docyabut2 said:

What was the motive, why did Laundrie strangled Gabby:(?  in the photos it shows Gabby jumping on his back and he didnt like it and she said she hit him first when the police stopped them  from fighting.  there were marks  on  Laundrie face and arm and Gabby only had one little mark on her chin.So some girls do get drunk and want to fight. I like to find out why did Laundrie strangled Gabby.What was the reason ?

We'll need to wait for the FBI to hold a press conference to find this out. A lot of people are calling this domestic abuse, but she was as bad as he was. This was a really volatile relationship. When they fought they both swung at each other. Neither were good at controlling their tempers. Being confined together for such a long period of time, reportedly with no one taking their meds, just made for a bad situation waiting to happen. The news station's Q&A session brought up that LE will have to show intent. Did a fight get out of hand or was she grabbed with the intention of killing her? This will determine the charges filed. Right now, we think Laundrie killed her but that hasn't been proven nor has he been charged. For the record, I think he did, but was it with the intent to kill? We'll have to see what the FBI found out.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

We'll need to wait for the FBI to hold a press conference to find this out. A lot of people are calling this domestic abuse, but she was as bad as he was. This was a really volatile relationship. When they fought they both swung at each other. Neither were good at controlling their tempers. Being confined together for such a long period of time, reportedly with no one taking their meds, just made for a bad situation waiting to happen. The news station's Q&A session brought up that LE will have to show intent. Did a fight get out of hand or was she grabbed with the intention of killing her? This will determine the charges filed. Right now, we think Laundrie killed her but that hasn't been proven nor has he been charged. For the record, I think he did, but was it with the intent to kill? We'll have to see what the FBI found out.

Is there ever a reasonable excuse for putting your hands around someone's neck? I don't think so. I'd say the only exception would be if you were attacked first and the other person wouldn't let up..

• Like 3

I'm not entirely convinced he's hiding in the woods (perhaps that's what parents want everyone to believe). Could be in a heavy populated city or somewhere surrounded by farmland (like my area). If true, the parents are millionaires, he could be anywhere.

• Like 3

Just got home from a long day at work, but i see that it says she was strangled maybe 3 to 4 weeks before they found her . Puts it right around the end of august.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, razman said:

Just got home from a long day at work, but i see that it says she was strangled maybe 3 to 4 weeks before they found her . Puts it right around the end of august.

Her body was found on September 19, so he puts her death between August 22- August 28. She facetimed her dad on August 21 and her mom around August 25. She and Laundrie were seen at a restaurant early afternoon on August 27. The manager confirmed they were there as Laundrie was fighting with the waitress. We know Laundrie used the bank card on August 30 and September 1, the day Laundrie got home to Florida. So the 27th to the 30th needs scrutiny. August has 31 days, so the 30th to the 1st is the 3 days he would have needed to drive home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

I'm not entirely convinced he's hiding in the woods (perhaps that's what parents want everyone to believe). Could be in a heavy populated city or somewhere surrounded by farmland (like my area). If true, the parents are millionaires, he could be anywhere.

His parents are reported to be worth about $5 million.

https://meaww.com/brian-laundri-net-worth-gabby-petito-fiance-family-business-5-million-estimated

• Like 4

TV station KSL had a news chopper flying over the site the day when Gabby's body was found. They won't release that part of the video to the public, but they said the body was on the ground, but covered and a pair of hiking boots on the ground next to the body. A longtime Salt Lake City prosecutor makes some good points.

https://ksltv.com/474333/gabby-petito-autopsy-strangulation/?fbclid=IwAR0LxwI9404vFhTygueM9FndVQBVMKsS8f89Zq5fGfkeCl9BCm6KUM-7m9g

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, susieice said:

TV station KSL had a news chopper flying over the site the day when Gabby's body was found. They won't release that part of the video to the public, but they said the body was on the ground, but covered and a pair of hiking boots on the ground next to the body. A longtime Salt Lake City prosecutor makes some good points.

https://ksltv.com/474333/gabby-petito-autopsy-strangulation/?fbclid=IwAR0LxwI9404vFhTygueM9FndVQBVMKsS8f89Zq5fGfkeCl9BCm6KUM-7m9g

Whenever i saw this video , i got the impression that it was that black looking cover that is between the guys legs between the tree and the bush , where most of the guys are standing at the beginning of the video. There is a special on the Gabby murder on tonight , forget which channel. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, razman said:

Whenever i saw this video , i got the impression that it was that black looking cover that is between the guys legs between the tree and the bush , where most of the guys are standing at the beginning of the video. There is a special on the Gabby murder on tonight , forget which channel. 

It's on Investigation Discovery. It's a special with John Walsh and a panel of others.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/ID-Channel-to-Present-GABBY-PETITO-ID-SPECIAL-REPORT-Tonight-20211013

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 4:09 PM, susieice said:

Right now, we think Laundrie killed her but that hasn't been proven nor has he been charged. For the record, I think he did, but was it with the intent to kill? We'll have to see what the FBI found out.

I haven't kept up with this case much but I tend to agree.  IF he didn't kill her, he certainly behaved stupidly and made himself look guilty.  If they can prove he was not in the state when she died then the case is REALLY going to become a lingering mystery.  Weren't there two other women killed in roughly the same area and time range?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, and then said:

I haven't kept up with this case much but I tend to agree.  IF he didn't kill her, he certainly behaved stupidly and made himself look guilty.  If they can prove he was not in the state when she died then the case is REALLY going to become a lingering mystery.  Weren't there two other women killed in roughly the same area and time range?

There were two women found shot to death at a campsite near Moab, Utah the same time Gabby and Brian were in the area. Police do not think this is related to Gabby's killing. A Texas man's body was also found in the same area as Gabby's but his death was ruled a suicide.

• Like 2

I don't know , but i wasn't too impressed with the Walsh show. Mostly people just speculating again. I thought it would have been better if it was more of a "48 hours" style , or showing more footage of the scenes and stuff, maybe some new stuff we haven't seen.

• Like 2

The Laundrie's attorney was not happy with last night's ID special with John Walsh. I didn't see this so I'll have to look it up.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-laundrie-bertolino-john-walsh-id-special-gabby-petito

"I absolutely believe that his family is helping him stay on the run," said Walsh, who also hosts "In Pursuit with John Walsh" on ID.

Bertolino snapped back at such speculation.

"Dusty relics like that Dog and John Walsh need a tragic situation like this so they can clear the cobwebs off their names and give their publicity-hungry egos some food," Bertolino told Fox News Digital, also taking aim at Duane "Dog" Chapman, the reality TV star and real-life bounty hunter who entered the search for Laundrie late last month.

Through a spokesperson, Walsh said he had no comment on the lawyer’s attack, while Chapman issued a sharp response of his own.

"It’s ironic that Mr. Bertolino would criticize the people trying to find Brian Laundrie, unless perhaps he doesn’t want him to be found," he said.

• Like 3

Gabby's family has gone to Wyoming to get her remains. They will also meet with LE. They are expected to return to New York this weekend with her ashes.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-parents-wyoming-remains-update

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/gabby-petito-case-florida-laundrie-homicide

The family of deceased Gabby Petito is expected to meet with law enforcement in Wyoming on Thursday after collecting their daughter's ashes following a Tuesday autopsy update from Teton County coroner Brent Blue, a source tells Fox News.

Petito's mother, father, stepmother and stepfather — as well as their family attorney, Richard Stafford — visited the site where her remains were recovered at the Spread Creek Dispersed Campground area in Moose on Thursday.

A meeting between the family and law enforcement officials is also expected to take place Thursday but has not happened yet, the source said. Stafford did not immediately respond to an inquiry from Fox News.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

The Laundrie's attorney was not happy with last night's ID special with John Walsh. I didn't see this so I'll have to look it up.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-laundrie-bertolino-john-walsh-id-special-gabby-petito

"I absolutely believe that his family is helping him stay on the run," said Walsh, who also hosts "In Pursuit with John Walsh" on ID.

Bertolino snapped back at such speculation.

"Dusty relics like that Dog and John Walsh need a tragic situation like this so they can clear the cobwebs off their names and give their publicity-hungry egos some food," Bertolino told Fox News Digital, also taking aim at Duane "Dog" Chapman, the reality TV star and real-life bounty hunter who entered the search for Laundrie late last month.

Through a spokesperson, Walsh said he had no comment on the lawyer’s attack, while Chapman issued a sharp response of his own.

"It’s ironic that Mr. Bertolino would criticize the people trying to find Brian Laundrie, unless perhaps he doesn’t want him to be found," he said.

Yea , Walsh has been pretty direct and outspoken about this , with the "dirty laundries" stuff and accusing them. He pretty much repeated it on the show yesterday.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, razman said:

Yea , Walsh has been pretty direct and outspoken about this , with the "dirty laundries" stuff and accusing them. He pretty much repeated it on the show yesterday.

Normally, I'd agree that having a celebrity using such a situation to sell clicks would be disgusting but had the Laundries done ANYTHING to attempt to cooperate, they probably would have avoided most, if not all of the publicity.  IF Brian is found alive and is indicted for this crime then they'd really better hope they cleaned up any connections with his flight.  If it's proven they did as much as fund it in any way, they'll both be facing felonies.  This situation begins to remind me of how the OJ Simpson murders unfolded.  He had no control over his temper, he seemed to believe his wife was cheating with another guy, he came after them in a rage and killed them both but had he simply gotten an attorney and turned himself in, he almost certainly would have been better off.  Most don't remember how popular the guy was in America.  Whites liked him equally as well as black folks.  The majority would have forgiven him and after he did his ten or so years he'd have gotten parole and his life would have largely returned to normal.  I think the same would be true with Brian.  He's young and if he admitted to strangling her during a domestic fight he probably wouldn't have been given a life sentence.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, and then said:

Normally, I'd agree that having a celebrity using such a situation to sell clicks would be disgusting but had the Laundries done ANYTHING to attempt to cooperate, they probably would have avoided most, if not all of the publicity.  IF Brian is found alive and is indicted for this crime then they'd really better hope they cleaned up any connections with his flight.  If it's proven they did as much as fund it in any way, they'll both be facing felonies.  This situation begins to remind me of how the OJ Simpson murders unfolded.  He had no control over his temper, he seemed to believe his wife was cheating with another guy, he came after them in a rage and killed them both but had he simply gotten an attorney and turned himself in, he almost certainly would have been better off.  Most don't remember how popular the guy was in America.  Whites liked him equally as well as black folks.  The majority would have forgiven him and after he did his ten or so years he'd have gotten parole and his life would have largely returned to normal.  I think the same would be true with Brian.  He's young and if he admitted to strangling her during a domestic fight he probably wouldn't have been given a life sentence.  

Yea , the old OJ trial. What was it ? "If it doesn't fit , you must acquit"? And Furman with his vial of blood and the drops.

• Like 2

I know that it takes force to strangle someone to death, and it is not a quick death. It will take 5 minutes or less, also the victim will lose consciousness in a minute or less, so he had sufficient time to stop and decide not to kill her. He didn't stop. I realize he has not been charged, but  as far as I'm concerned, everything points to him being the one responsible. 

As for his whereabouts, who knows? If he is still in that preserve, he's probably dead. Maybe not. This is a difficult situation for her family, as well as his own. I don't approve of how they've reacted to all of this or that they might be helping hide him... but how many of us know how far we would go if it were our own son or daughter in this situation? I sure don/t. 

• Like 1

I can't find a link to the ID special that aired Wednesday but I found this clip from 60 Minutes Australia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1