Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

Reuters says partial human remains in park near to the reserve where the FBI were searching. I wonder if this area had been searched before since I'm seeing more that the park is separate from the reserve.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/human-remains-found-florida-park-amid-search-gabby-petitos-fiance-msnbc-2021-10-20/

Partial human remains were found on Wednesday in a Florida wilderness area where authorities were searching for Brian Laundrie, the fiance of Gabby Petito, a young woman who vanished on a road trip with Laundrie, the FBI said on Wednesday.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office was called on Wednesday morning to the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where the search for Laundrie was under way, a spokesperson for the office said earlier.

FBI investigators were working at Carlton Reserve, which is near the park, the agency's Tampa division said.

"Investigators found what appeared to be human remains, along with personal items ... belonging to Brian Laundrie," the FBI said. The investigation was continuing.

• Like 4

Okay . . . :D . . . you know me and my imagination :lol:: if Laundrie's notebook is legible(having been under water for the best part of a month), does it contain a carefully constructed explanation to 'prove' that he was not involved in Gabby's death? If so, is it even possible that one of his parents wrote it?

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

having been under water for the best part of a month,

..... allegedly.

• Like 5

I suppose, there's always a possibility that he was half-eaten by a crocogator, or whatever other predators may be in the reserve.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

All that we can do is guess at this point.   Here is my guess:

The human remains that were found are Brians.

The notebook contains a sort of confession/apology for what he did.  Maybe an apology to his parents. 

• Like 3

I hope the notebook is still legible. It may contain some kind of an explanation of what happened.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, susieice said:

Laundrie family attorney tells CNN why the family remained silent and didn't talk to police.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/10/21/brian-laundrie-family-speak-to-police-cpt-vpx.cnn

I'm going to give them a pass at this point.

My guess on how it went down:

Brian came home and acted as if nothing was wrong.   After awhile he confessed to them.   They told him to get out.  They probably were struggling quite a bit with their son having done something so horrible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I understand that the bag and notebook were found by ChL, then turned over to LE, not sure how far away from where his remains were found. This is a very UNeducated guess but I am going to assume he's been dead for awhile, at least a few weeks. Wonder if they will be able to determine the cause of death... depends on a lot of other factors, I guess. 

Now I think it's time for the protestors to leave and give the L's some space. I realize they haven't been very cooperative with LE and seemed to be guilty of  withholding information and all, but they've lost a son. Anyway, the protesting is annoying for the neighbors, and they certainly deserve some peace. 

• Like 5

DNA degrades in water and human remains doesn't say much and likely they will need teeth or hopefully usable DNA from any bones. If he did kill Gabby then it is possible that he could kill again and the remains found are not his.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

It will cost a lot less in taxes than him going in front of the tribunals and passing 20 years in prison.

Agreed but from the parents point of view of Gabby Petito it probably will not give them much of closure. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Agreed but from the parents point of view of Gabby Petito it probably will not give them much of closure. 

Better than non finding him...  I would see in could be a relief and maybe easier than passing horrible years in tribunals to reach a sentence that will not give them their girl back.

If the notebook can tell them the story it will bring closure.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3

His remains found and a note book, so he must have killed himself  long time ago, by overdosing or shooting himself and a suicide note. 

3 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Better than non finding him...  I would see in could be a relief and maybe easier than passing horrible years in tribunals to reach a sentence that will not give them their girl back.

True. But Gabby Petito's dad voiced that he was hoping they would find this scumbag alive. 

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 3

Just now, thedutchiedutch said:

True. But Gabby Petito voiced that he was hoping they would find this scumbag alive. 

Yeah... but he would not have the right to strangle him with his hands anyway. 

• Like 4

Just now, Jon the frog said:

Yeah... but he would not have the right to strangle him with his hands anyway. 

Good point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm going to give them a pass at this point.

My guess on how it went down:

Brian came home and acted as if nothing was wrong.   After awhile he confessed to them.   They told him to get out.  They probably were struggling quite a bit with their son having done something so horrible.

The attorney said they had a right to remain silent and mentioned the 5th amendment. I think they tried not to incriminate Brian, but they know what happened. When Gabby's mother reported her missing, they had to know something was really wrong. He had her car and he had her bank cards and used them for money. I think now, with Brian gone, they should at least reach out to Gabby's parents.  

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Breaking FBI confirms human remains are those of Brian Laundrie

Link to Full Article & Source https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/brian-laundrie-news-10-21-21/index.html

I was out all day and just got home. I didn't know they confirmed the remains were Brian. That was fast. They ID'd him with dental records. They said now the remains were skeletal. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/human-remains-found-brian-laundrie-search-are-skeletal-police-say-n1282103

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

Here's the breaking news live stream from WFLA, a Florida TV station that has had excellent coverage of this whole case from the beginning. Excellent points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1