Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

Still find it odd that after LE searching for a month and not find him. Then all of a sudden his dad walks off and finds him.:blink: Also there's been some reports from K9 handlers that the dogs should have picked up his scent even if he was underwater. But maybe they didn't get close enough to that area ever.   K-9 Handler Says It’s ‘Highly Suspicious’ That Cadaver Dogs Didn’t Already Detect Remains In Search For Brian Laundrie (msn.com)

Edited by razman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, razman said:

Still find it odd that after LE searching for a month and not find him. Then all of a sudden his dad walks off and finds him.:blink: Also there's been some reports from K9 handlers that the dogs should have picked up his scent even if he was underwater. But maybe they didn't get close enough to that area ever.   K-9 Handler Says It’s ‘Highly Suspicious’ That Cadaver Dogs Didn’t Already Detect Remains In Search For Brian Laundrie (msn.com)

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Too bad cruds like him kill themselves after they kill someone else.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, razman said:

In the WFLA video I posted, they addressed this. They were covering 25,000 acres, just a massive amount of waterlogged land. It's possible they just didn't come close enough for the dogs to scent. The divers were more or less on standby in case they were needed. 

• Like 3

Hi Hammerclaw :st. I don't know if you're aware of this but when you quote someone it appears with a black background and barely visible grey text which is almost impossible to read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

His remains found and a note book, so he must have killed himself  long time ago, by overdosing or shooting himself and a suicide note. 

to add what killed him ?

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Too bad cruds like him kill themselves after they kill someone else.

I'm a bit torn on that.  While it is taking the easy way out, it is nice that he is dead.  Most times, prison isn't bad enough IMO.  Allowing him to live 50-70 years in a prison seems too good. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Better than non finding him...  I would see in could be a relief and maybe easier than passing horrible years in tribunals to reach a sentence that will not give them their girl back.

If the notebook can tell them the story it will bring closure.

I hope so.

• Like 2

nm...

Edited by quiXilver

But now there will never be any justice for Gabby, the family will have no closure. Neither will the  Laundries, I guess. 

I'm not going to blame them for what he did, but I do think they should not have ignored Gabby's family, that would have been the  decent thing to do. They could have answered their calls and texts. It only takes a little bit of effort for most of us to be a decent person and to show respect for someone's feelings. 

I hope  the protestors will leave now, It must be horrible for their neighbors to put up with them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PrissyGal2 said:

But now there will never be any justice for Gabby, the family will have no closure. Neither will the  Laundries, I guess. 

I'm not going to blame them for what he did, but I do think they should not have ignored Gabby's family, that would have been the  decent thing to do. They could have answered their calls and texts. It only takes a little bit of effort for most of us to be a decent person and to show respect for someone's feelings. 

I hope  the protestors will leave now, It must be horrible for their neighbors to put up with them. 

I'm sure his parents were doing what they thought was best for him and themselves. I'm sure they had their suspicions but who knows what he told them or what they knew about what happened? The protestors should have been there for him and not for his parents imo. People do crazy things for their children all of the time. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I'm sure his parents were doing what they thought was best for him and themselves. I'm sure they had their suspicions but who knows what he told them or what they knew about what happened? The protestors should have been there for him and not for his parents imo. People do crazy things for their children all of the time. 

I can't imagine what I would do if one of my 2 daughters did something like this.  First instinct must be to protect them, especially if it was totally unsuspected.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I can't imagine what I would do if one of my 2 daughters did something like this.  First instinct must be to protect them, especially if it was totally unsuspected.  

I think most parents first instinct would be to protect their son or daughter, despite what they "did" (especially if he didnt actually mean to kill her, but did, and then panicked, etc). 

• Like 2

Brian's autopsy was inconclusive. They couldn't determine a cause of death so the remains have been sent to an anthropologist for analysis.

https://fox8.com/news/brian-laundries-autopsy-leaves-questions-unanswered-remains-sent-to-anthropologist-lawyer-says/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, Robotic Jew said:

Yes, that/s true. And maybe they didn't realize what his intentions were. Maybe he didn't really want to die. We will never know what was in his mind. It's just a horrible situation for everyone connected to it. 

• Like 5

This link pretty much tells what happened with the parents on the morning they went out to the reserve to look for Brian and the remains were found. FOX had a reporter tailing them with LE, one a police officer and one from the FBI, also trailing them. Police told them at the scene that they had found remains and told them to go home and wait.

After the reserve reopened, other hikers found a water bottle they say can be seen in the van during one of the videos that Gabby and Brian uploaded during their trip. They also say they found some bone fragments.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-laundrie-found-parents-may-have-just-missed-discovering-son-themselves

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good article. I don't know why so many people want to keep on making something out of nothing. People are still saying those items were planted in the reserve.... how could they be, LE met them at the entrance and followed them the whole time they were there. 

Also a few are still hanging on to the idea that Brian didn't kill Gabby, that it was an accident or something. How can one accidentally strangle themselves? 

As for him, I'm not positive that Brian killed himself, but it sure looks that way to me. We may never know when it happened or by what manner, but I don't think we are supposed to know ALL the   answers right now. I just thank the good Lord that Gabby's family won't have to go through a trial. 

• Like 2

They should auction off slivers of his bones to benefit the Petito family. Lot of crazy people out would probably buy em.

Edited by razman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

North Port Florida Police admit to making a huge mistake while surveilling Laundrie's home. They mistook his mother for him when she drove his Mustang back from the Preserve. Really???

https://www.winknews.com/2021/10/25/north-port-police-admit-to-mistakes-in-brian-laundrie-investigation/

https://www.newsweek.com/brian-laundrie-mistaken-mom-not-watched-carefully-police-admit-1642439

It's reported that the parents have left their home for some privacy. They are still in Florida according to their attorney.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/brian-laundrie-parents-leave-their-florida-home-will-forgo-funeral-lawyer/3349536/

• Like 4

I read something about LE mistaking his mother for him, saying they have similar builds. I don't see that. He was very slender whereas she was not. I could understand if they had been some distance away but still.... 

There is probably not a lot left for them to cremate, but I sure can't blame  the L's for not wanting a funeral. I doubt they had many friends in FL and considering everything it's probably a good decision. 

• Like 2

Rumors are flying around social media saying that DNA from the remains didn't match Laundrie. Police say DNA testing hasn't been done yet on the remains and won't be until the ME examination is completed. They are confident from the dental records that it is him.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/police-deny-claims-that-dna-didnt-match-brian-laundries-remains/CE26CIORMJGFPJDX7IF6BVM4R4/

The Daily Beast reported that a post claiming that Laundrie’s DNA didn’t match the remains found Oct. 20 garnered nearly 150,000 shares on Facebook, while a YouTube video making the claim had been viewed more than 110,000 times as of Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The Coroner has made no ruling on Laundrie's manner, cause or time of death. Authorities believe he could have died on September 13 when he left his parents' house.

https://people.com/crime/brian-laundrie-was-likely-dead-when-cops-confused-mother-for-him-during-surveillance/

• Like 3

18 hours ago, susieice said:

Rumors are flying around social media saying that DNA from the remains didn't match Laundrie. Police say DNA testing hasn't been done yet on the remains and won't be until the ME examination is completed. They are confident from the dental records that it is him.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/police-deny-claims-that-dna-didnt-match-brian-laundries-remains/CE26CIORMJGFPJDX7IF6BVM4R4/

The Daily Beast reported that a post claiming that Laundrie’s DNA didn’t match the remains found Oct. 20 garnered nearly 150,000 shares on Facebook, while a YouTube video making the claim had been viewed more than 110,000 times as of Tuesday.

So many people are so desperate for a conspiracy they just can't help themselves these days. 

• Like 1