Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.


razman
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, PrissyGal2 said:

I know that it takes force to strangle someone to death, and it is not a quick death. It will take 5 minutes or less, also the victim will lose consciousness in a minute or less, so he had sufficient time to stop and decide not to kill her. He didn't stop. I realize he has not been charged, but  as far as I'm concerned, everything points to him being the one responsible. 

As for his whereabouts, who knows? If he is still in that preserve, he's probably dead. Maybe not. This is a difficult situation for her family, as well as his own. I don't approve of how they've reacted to all of this or that they might be helping hide him... but how many of us know how far we would go if it were our own son or daughter in this situation? I sure don/t. 

I (personally) doubt he's even still in the US of A. :/

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, Bavarian Raven said:

I (personally) doubt he's even still in the US of A. :/

I think he is.     Hiding out in the woods somewhere.   He'll get hungry, cold or desperate and mess up sometime.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Myles said:

I think he is.     Hiding out in the woods somewhere.   He'll get hungry, cold or desperate and mess up sometime.

I would have to believe that he  has already experienced those if he's still alive. I don't know what to make of this.... can he really be that smart? Sounds like they are going to keep on searching indefinitely. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PrissyGal2 said:

I would have to believe that he  has already experienced those if he's still alive. I don't know what to make of this.... can he really be that smart? Sounds like they are going to keep on searching indefinitely. 

I don't think he is smart.    He botched the chances of making himself not the primary suspect.  But I think having survival skills in the wild is somthing he may have.   

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PrissyGal2 said:

Yes, there is that.  I just don't believe he is in there. Or he's dead. 

Once his hair grows out his appearance will be different and he can hide in the open in a high population density city in another part of the country

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Brian Laundrie look-a-like ambushed by US Marshals near the Appalachian Trail

MSN

This was bound to happen sooner or later. A lot of people look like Laundrie and there's liable to be more of them reported as people see them. It didn't help this guy that he was on the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina, where there's been numerous reports of Laundrie being spotted. It's even possible that this was the guy people were seeing if he got on the trail in Georgia. Whoever reported this sighting sent a picture which alerted the Marshals so I do think they were acting in good faith on a real lead. I'm sorry the poor guy went through this.

I do realize this must have been a very frightening experience for this man and his companion. I don't think US Marshals are going to fool around when they do find Laundrie. I'm glad he took their advise and lost the beard so he doesn't look as much like him before he gets reported again. There's a real manhunt going on out there for Laundrie.

 

 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was another case in Florida where a man that looked like Laundrie was filmed on a trail cam carrying a backpack. The local Sheriff's Dept was able to identify the person on the tape as a local resident who said he had been walking on the trail. 

https://www.abc4.com/news/gabby-petito/possible-brian-laundrie-sighting-in-florida-was-case-of-mistaken-identity/

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, susieice said:

 There's a real manhunt going on out there for Laundrie.

 

 

As there should be and I hope they don't stop until they find him. Suppose he did murder Gabby and suppose he killed those two other women, what's to stop him murdering again? Maybe he has already.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

As there should be and I hope they don't stop until they find him. Suppose he did murder Gabby and suppose he killed those two other women, what's to stop him murdering again? Maybe he has already.

I agree. People everywhere are on the lookout for Laundrie and there will be reports of sightings. It may not be him, but hopefully, one will be. They need to catch this guy. Personally, I don't doubt he's responsible for Gabby's death. I'm not sure about the other two, but the last time he was seen with Gabby, he was having some serious anger issues. It's possible he could hurt someone else. Especially since he already has.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel bad for the look-alike who got ambushed by US Marshals. 

I keep seeing people say there are a LOT of guys who look like Brian. I don't see that many around here. I think he's kind of unusal looking, kind of struck me in the beginning, what on earth did Gabby find so appealing? I know that sounds pretty mean, but he's just not that cute. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is news that's breaking now so reports differ. Personal items belonging to Laundrie have been found in a Florida preserve. The medical examiner is on the scene. Laundrie's parents were involved in the search and found the items.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/brian-laundrie-s-personal-items-found-florida-nature-reserve-medical-n1281975?fbclid=IwAR0lVlGg8IQSDrWdHIdEhFMWzZcNzmprRyZaiNXB9zoyUhqOFfiBOcRa_4I

According to NBC New York, partial remains have been found near a backpack in an area that had been underwater.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/brian-laundrie-belongings-found-at-florida-park-by-his-own-parents-attorney-says/3337855/

ABC New York just said police requested a human remains detection team but does not say that any remains were found.

https://abc7news.com/brian-laundrie-belongings-found-gabby-petito-update-myakkahatchee-creek-environmental-park/11147450/

Yahoo just says they were articles of clothing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/items-belonging-fugitive-brian-laundrie-165600072.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANcStnKUPArHM02dbIHgYhlRCwL-5-Ea3DG79KEhmX5A87hWAlQZ4JZ9mwScsvbfRRYega8K7lgDgvFLMnOXhrpdIhTvdKicDOuTJRRCjAp6ZUdQ_tkZOWCrMKNClqO8Aqmmx3S20PvfYe6to_r_1P_P_2VP_8G_Vi26cQ6O6vu6

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

Cadaver dog on the scene as we speak.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Cadaver dog on the scene as we speak.

I hope they don't find this ***hat dead. It would be crushing to Gabby's family as they'll never get answers to what happened to her or why. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I hope they don't find this ***hat dead. It would be crushing to Gabby's family as they'll never get answers to what happened to her or why. 

I am afraid he is dead. Medical Examiner and a cadaver dog were called. They must have found human remains and are probably searching for me. They are literally piecing him together I guess. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I am afraid he is dead. Medical Examiner and a cadaver dog were called. They must have found human remains and are probably searching for me. They are literally piecing him together I guess. 

So sad to think her family will never know. Without a trial, I don't think they can even say he killed her. He wasn't charged and now there's no way to put him on trial and convict.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Yes, after reading this :

"After a "brief search" off a trail Laundrie frequented, the family and law enforcement found "some articles" belonging to him, Bertolino said. He would not give any further information on what or how many items were found.Bertolino said that law enforcement is now conducting a more thorough investigation of that area."

I am surprised why they did not searched this area earlier.

Full article and source : https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/us/brian-laundrie-update-gabby-petito/index.html

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

So sad to think her family will never know. Without a trial, I don't think they can even say he killed her. He wasn't charged and now there's no way to put him on trial and convict.

Yes that is pretty sad for her family. He took it to his grave the coward. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Yes, after reading this :

"After a "brief search" off a trail Laundrie frequented, the family and law enforcement found "some articles" belonging to him, Bertolino said. He would not give any further information on what or how many items were found.Bertolino said that law enforcement is now conducting a more thorough investigation of that area."

I am surprised why they did not searched this area earlier.

Full article and source : https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/us/brian-laundrie-update-gabby-petito/index.html

They said in one of the articles that this area had been underwater. I remember them saying that weather conditions had caused flooding during the beginning of the search.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, susieice said:

They said in one of the articles that this area had been underwater. I remember them saying that weather conditions had caused flooding during the beginning of the search.

I just watched CNN and they said that Laundry's parents searched this area and found belongings of their son and alerted authorities accordingly. 
They also said that authorities searched this area before or earlier, but did not found anything accept for Brian's vehicle.
 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.