Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gabby Petito missing on road trip.

Razman

It's been a while but the FBI is still working on putting the puzzle pieces together. They expect to have the forensic anthropologist report on Brian's remains by the end of November. They are still searching through his computers, emails, social media posts, telephone records and of course the notebook. Nothing has been released yet.

https://news.yahoo.com/brian-laundrie-police-may-able-125952826.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAv-EwekeGmNhrQr4UFFsF9GQK6eyzpz55aeaAEyJicDbfQEG9svm9AwvQiLeoY0IR4XSIM5XixgLr7znEthjF-Ld8SgWqOUi6Dv6-79g43_0NupH9-ql9l8Ysnz3HXWvyKVHD_iJ_7PN1f3oN0iFBS5IS_ot_5fuyllurmMN2ay

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Talk about timing...Breaking News...the forensic anthropologist has found that Brian Laundrie died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. It's just being released by the media now.

https://abc7ny.com/brian-laundrie-cause-of-death-suicide-stephen-bertolino/11265069/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6

I'm disappointed that an alligator, a giant python, or wild hogs didn't get him.

Clearly, they both needed counseling.  It's no excuse for murder, but if Brian was hearing voices, as reported .... this was not a safe situation.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Did they find proof Brian murdered Gabby?

Not that I know of, but the police and the FBI are still going over everything. Hopefully, they'll be able to read the notebook. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

Not that I know of, but the police and the FBI are still going over everything. Hopefully, they'll be able to read the notebook. 

Thanks. I didn't think they had yet.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 12:25 AM, susieice said:

I hope he at least had the decency to be honest about what happened.  I never dug too deeply into all this but I think it entirely possible that he committed a crime of passion and like most who do that, was sorry for it in the aftermath.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

I hope he at least had the decency to be honest about what happened.  I never dug too deeply into all this but I think it entirely possible that he committed a crime of passion and like most who do that, was sorry for it in the aftermath.

I agree. I don't think he really intended to kill her. He just lost his senses.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, susieice said:

I agree. I don't think he really intended to kill her. He just lost his senses.

Hi Susieice

Neither one of them were on their meds so likely they both blew a fuse and things went sideways

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally, the FBI says Laundrie claimed responsibility for Petito's death in the notebook found by the body.

https://abc7ny.com/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-fbi-missing/11495846/?ex_cid=TA_WABC_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0mFB-uQljIbOhU9_9v-1uXpjvXg6604zx-Zcyf5J550IMYLv1Ozuupu7g

When Laundrie's body was found, a backpack with a notebook was found nearby.

The FBI wrote, "a review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito's death."
"Gabby and Brian are no longer with their families and this tragedy has caused enormous emotional pain and suffering to all who loved either or both of them. We can only hope that with today's closure of the case each family can begin to heal and move forward and find peace in and with the memories of their children."

Petito's family met with the FBI on Thursday and the investigation will be closed in the near future.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Finally, the FBI says Laundrie claimed responsibility for Petito's death in the notebook found by the body.

https://abc7ny.com/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-fbi-missing/11495846/?ex_cid=TA_WABC_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0mFB-uQljIbOhU9_9v-1uXpjvXg6604zx-Zcyf5J550IMYLv1Ozuupu7g

When Laundrie's body was found, a backpack with a notebook was found nearby.

The FBI wrote, "a review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito's death."
"Gabby and Brian are no longer with their families and this tragedy has caused enormous emotional pain and suffering to all who loved either or both of them. We can only hope that with today's closure of the case each family can begin to heal and move forward and find peace in and with the memories of their children."

Petito's family met with the FBI on Thursday and the investigation will be closed in the near future.

Hi Susieice

It's good to know that this can finally be out to rest for both families.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just watched a show on 20/20 that recapped most of what is in here and added one more thing I thought I'd put into this thread. I didn't know this until now. Recently the lawyer for Brian Laundrie's parents released 8 pages from the notebook found with his remains where he admits he killed Gabby. This article is dated June 26, 2022.

https://tampa.cbslocal.com/2022/06/26/pages-from-brian-laundries-notebook-released-from-lawyer/

This article contains more info on what he wrote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pages-brian-laundries-notebook-show-191518315.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 9:03 PM, and then said:

On 11/26/2021 at 12:34 AM, Katniss said:

Did they find proof Brian murdered Gabby?

The post above will answer your questions.

• Thanks 1

Gabby's mother does not believe this confession. A lot of people don't. I don't remember the autopsy report mentioning any injuries that could have been caused by a fall like Brian says happened.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petitos-mother-slams-brian-laundries-notebook-confession

The lawsuit the Petitos filed against the Laundries will proceed.

https://abc7chicago.com/gabby-petito-update-case-brian-laundrie-parents-lawsuit/12009455/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, susieice said:

Gabby's mother does not believe this confession. A lot of people don't. I don't remember the autopsy report mentioning any injuries that could have been caused by a fall like Brian says happened.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petitos-mother-slams-brian-laundries-notebook-confession

The lawsuit the Petitos filed against the Laundries will proceed.

https://abc7chicago.com/gabby-petito-update-case-brian-laundrie-parents-lawsuit/12009455/

Yea it almost sounds like though he takes responsibility , he still is trying to justify it or something.

• Like 4

What a creep, making out he did a good thing by killing her! Was there any indication that he tried to get help for her?

• Like 3

OMG his confession sounds so ridiculous. As if he killed her out of mercy? Is he really trying to plead some level of innocent even after his death? Like Gabby's mother, I don't believe his confession. It sounds made up.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

What a creep, making out he did a good thing by killing her! Was there any indication that he tried to get help for her?

2 hours ago, Katniss said:

OMG his confession sounds so ridiculous. As if he killed her out of mercy? Is he really trying to plead some level of innocent even after his death? Like Gabby's mother, I don't believe his confession. It sounds made up.

Can you imagine his nerve! If Gabby had serious injuries from a fall like he says, the coroner would have found them at autopsy. He mentioned no traumatic head injury or any other one. Brian would hardly be the first one who tried to cover a beating by saying the victim fell. I really hope Gabby's mom pushes hard to have that full autopsy report introduced during the trial.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, susieice said:

Can you imagine his nerve! If Gabby had serious injuries from a fall like he says, the coroner would have found them at autopsy. He mentioned no traumatic head injury or any other one. Brian would hardly be the first one who tried to cover a beating by saying the victim fell. I really hope Gabby's mom pushes hard to have that full autopsy report introduced during the trial.

He must of had psychological issues. Why would he worry with making such descriptive false statements about her death, if he knew he was going to commit suicide? It's really bizarre.

• Like 2

From his journal: 'One of the pages reads in part, quote: "I ended her life. I thought it was merciful, THAT IS WHAT SHE WANTED, but I see now all the mistakes I made."

(my bold above) Unbelievable! He actually makes her responsible for her own passing!

• Like 2