Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Practice Matches - Moving on......

Saru

Now that we've had quite a number of practice matches going on, I think it's time we saw a few tournament matches happening. So far only a single tournament match has been completed, so we need to get moving a bit with them and complete some more qualifying games.

Every participant may play two tournament matches with every other participant (one as white, one as black), with 3 points awarded for a win, and 1 each for a draw.

I'd also like to encourage those who put their name down on the participants list but who have not played any games to get registered on RHP and get started. I've challenged a couple of players now on there who failed to even make a single move or even acknowledge that they are playing.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thistle

• Saru

• thebarman

• Talon

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we've had quite a number of practice matches going on, I think it's time we saw a few tournament matches happening. So far only a single tournament match has been completed, so we need to get moving a bit with them and complete some more qualifying games.

Lottie and I have one going, she's just not moved in 6 days hmm.gif

Yups I agree, we've got a lot of games to get played, I'll finish the practice games I've got going against Lottie and the barman then get stuck into tourney games

thumbsup.gif

Lottie and I have one going, she's just not moved in 6 days

There is actually a system designed to prevent someone from not moving indefinately, after a certain point a player who does not move will be disqualified from the match and the other player declared the winner.

For more details Click - Here.

Yups I agree, we've got a lot of games to get played, I'll finish the practice games I've got going against Lottie and the barman then get stuck into tourney games

thumbsup.gif

506544[/snapback]

So is our game practice or real?

Nah, turns out she's got a cold I can wait

Oh yeah sure, likely story. tongue.gif

thumbsup.gif

506544[/snapback]

So is our game practice or real?

507586[/snapback]

It's a real one if that's ok with you

original.gif

It's a real one if that's ok with you

Eek! (I need a cowardly smiley here!)

Okay! Real it is. original.gif

I'll finish the practice games I've got going then get stuck into tourney games

Same here, time to move on to the real matches now. thumbsup.gif

Damn, three moves away from an unaviodable checkmate with Thistle, really thought it was close for a second, then one stupid mistake later and she's punished me for it.

Is it more honourable to surrender at this point, knowing I'll lose, or is it better to give your opponent the satisfaction of checkmate?

Personally I'd prefer the latter, I'd like to go in for the kill properly knowing for sure that the checkmate I'd planned a few moves earlier had come together nicely.

It's up to you really, I'd personally prefer to see it through to checkmate rather than have the other player resign. You never know, you might be able to get a stalemate if you percevere.

I agree with Saru, I much prefer to get a checkmate (altho having said that I don't object to anyone resigning......Gollum? you can take me up on that if you want laugh.gif ),I never resign in any of my games cos I don't want to deny anyone that checkmate moment lol.

Up to you tho....I don't really mind either way.

thumbsup.gif

And.......I'm only 3 moves away from checkmate???? Hmmmm thanks I never noticed that w00t.gif

And.......I'm only 3 moves away from checkmate???? Hmmmm thanks I never noticed that  w00t.gif

509644[/snapback]

You would have I'm sure, it's so blatently obvious...

Thistle. You really should give up and resign. Your making out that I'm the one in trouble. w00t.giftongue.gifwink2.gif

Thistle. You really should give up and resign. Your making out that I'm the one in trouble. w00t.gif  tongue.gif  wink2.gif

509690[/snapback]

lol shame on you Golly.....didn't you read my post? I NEVER deny anyone a checkmate lol.

tongue.gif

P.S....you may however resign if you wish to laugh.gif

Not likely T, not likely at all. wink2.gif

My new strategy is to get as many pawns promoted as possible. tongue.gif

You would have I'm sure, it's so blatently obvious...

509648[/snapback]

Told ya, good game well done thumbsup.gif

Don't think I've ever been as cautious playing chess as I am against Talon, the 100% success rate is very intimidating... huh.gif

I was thinking that, Talon has yet to lose a single game.

There must be someone here who can beat him. dontgetit.gif

Well Joc's doing a decent enough job at the moment sad.gif

Edited by Talon S.

I want to challenge Talon, but he already has 6 games going. ohmy.gif

Aye I'm ready to challenge Talon, though I'm afraid I'm about to lose to SaRuMaN and Thistle tongue.gif (and still waiting for Lottie to do her move..... whistling2.giforiginal.gif ).