Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wikipedia blames pro-China infiltration for bans

Eldorado

Wikipedia has suffered an "infiltration" that sought to advance the aims of China, the US non-profit organisation that owns the volunteer-edited encyclopaedia has said.

The Wikimedia Foundation told BBC News the infiltration had threatened the "very foundations of Wikipedia".

The foundation banned seven editors linked to a mainland China group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58559412

• Like 1

In the last chapter of Sun Tzu's Art of Warfare it goes over spies. Half of what spies do isn't to steal information. Half of spying is to influence the people of an enemy nation by feeding them information.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Green Lion said:

Half of what spies do isn't to steal information. Half of spying is to influence the people of an enemy nation by feeding them information.

They have the perfect delivery system with social media these days.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's no stretch of the imagination to see a link to the many divisions in Western society.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's no stretch of the imagination to see a link to the many divisions in Western society.

because it used to cost a lot of money to spread mis/disinformation. you had to have rights to broadcasting and all kinda stuff. who's got time for all that ****? nope, just spread your 'new facts' around social media and its just as good! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I've gotten flamed before for saying there are spies among us. Then the news came out and gave their speeches about Russia slandering Facebook and other social media with fake news. It's part of spying.

• Like 3