Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost' snapped outside old US Civil War army hospital

Eldorado

An eerie pic which appears to show a “demon like ghost” has sent Reddit users into a spin.

The creepy snap, posted on Wednesday, was taken just outside an old Civil War army hospital in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

“Patients were operated on inside the home, and then moved to the field out back where most would die after being placed in tents,” the photographer explained.

Full article and photo at Today UK News

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Why is it that every blurred hard to identify thingy is immediately labelled a ghost? In this instance a 'demon like ghost'.

If that's what a demon like ghost is supposed to look like, then we've got nothing to be afraid of.

• Like 7

Looks like a giant bird sitting on the fence, or maybe a short sunlit tree.

As always, no before or after pics taken or any kind of debunking done. Without any of that I call BS. At the very least go back and take another shot from the same angle.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

I actually conversed with this photographer on another forum and heard more details. I feel rather sure the person is just being honest and doesn't know what to make of this. The location already had a paranormal reputation with a nasty history from the Civil War days.

This misty darkish grey crudely formed apparition type is something I've run across at least a few times before in this hobby.

Papameter Reading

Paranormal  70%     Natural  20%   Hoax 10%

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It was an alien

• Haha 1

Having one picture and not a couple from different angle make me wonder that there's nothing there to see.

One picture, seen the stuff after taking it...pfff. In the best scenario a bird, but could even be a branch from the background...

• Like 1

It's very blurry, but, even though it appears to be wearing trousers and a jacket, it appears to be the ghost of a woman as there is a bulge at the correct height to be breasts. It appears to be on the other side of the fence and holding onto the fence with both hands. It looks genuine. I think a  fake would be clearer. It's hard to say what she is holding in her left hand that goes off somewhat to the left on top of the fence. 

• Like 1

My common-sense-o-meter buries the needle on the pareidolia side of the screen. Looks like a garden statue of St. Francis, or whover the one was with the animals.

• Like 1

If this supposed to be a pro photo for a realtor, which bit of the house are you trying to sell, the drain pipes? And, it certainly doesn’t show any of the property in a good light if it’s being sold. I call total rubbish.

• Like 1

I've been doing photography wrong all these decades evidently.

I use F-stop, Aperture speed and Focus to take pictures that are clear and well lit. 

Evidently, I need to just point and click with any old settings and then claim 'demon' and I'll probably sell more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If that's a chainlink fence topped with barbed wired, it might be a plastic trash bag. Other than that it isn't clear enough to make heads or tales out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Torviking said:

If this supposed to be a pro photo for a realtor, which bit of the house are you trying to sell, the drain pipes? And, it certainly doesn’t show any of the property in a good light if it’s being sold. I call total rubbish.

He was taking a photo of the tree.

“This photo was taken of the tree’s face, and I didn’t notice the figure behind it until this evening.”

I walked all around that field photographing it for the seller, and not once did I see that shape by the fence in person, or in any other shots.”

• 3 months later...