Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shamima Begum tells UK: ‘I could help you fight terrorism'

itsnotoutthere

Shamima Begum, the former Islamic State (IS) bride, claimed that she could be an “asset” to Britain in the fight against terrorism, as she said her only crime was being “dumb”.

Begum, who fled her east London home for Syria as a 15-year-old schoolgirl more than six years ago, begged the British public for forgiveness, as she said she wanted to be brought back to the UK to face charges and prove her innocence in court.

She said she had no idea IS was a death cult when she joined, adding: “The only crime I committed was being dumb enough to join IS.”

She added: “I want them [the British public] to see me as an asset rather than a threat to them.”

Sajid Javid, who was home secretary when he took the decision to revoke Begum’s citizenship in 2019, hit back at her claims that she played no part in IS terrorism, hinting at evidence in intelligence reports that made her a threat to national security.

“I won’t go into details of the case, but what I will say is that you certainly haven’t seen what I saw,” he said. “If you did know what I knew, because you are sensible, responsible people, you would have made exactly the same decision – of that, I have no doubt.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/15/shamima-begum-tells-uk-could-help-fight-terrorism-clearly-dont/

Loving the foxy new look Shamima. :tu:

• Haha 5

• The title was changed to Shamima Begum tells UK: ‘I could help you fight terrorism'

32 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I'm not so sure.  I quite liked the Hijab! :yes:

Some of those Burka Babes are even hotter than the countries they live in.

Edited by acute
  • Haha 5

A lot of 15yr olds are idealistic but the vast majority of them don't feel bold enough to take off and join the Islamic State. Britain should never forget this about her. She will be an enemy of Britain until her dying day. Remember her last attempt to get back here: she borrowed someone else's baby, pretending it was hers, to gain sympathy in a television interview.

As if Britain hasn't already got too many foreigners in influential positions. My father's, grandfather's and great grandfather's generation will be turning in their graves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

A lot of 15yr olds are idealistic but the vast majority of them don't feel bold enough to take off and join the Islamic State. Britain should never forget this about her. She will be an enemy of Britain until her dying day. Remember her last attempt to get back here: she borrowed someone else's baby, pretending it was hers, to gain sympathy in a television interview.

As if Britain hasn't already got too many foreigners in influential positions. My father's, grandfather's and great grandfather's generation will be turning in their graves.

Yes, I can just imagine the conversation with her lawyer before this interview.  I'd be intrigued though to see what it was that the home secretary saw that made him make his decision, perhaps he ought to make it public to shut the 'do gooders' up.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Remember her last attempt to get back here: she borrowed someone else's baby, pretending it was hers, to gain sympathy in a television interview.

I was wondering what happened to her baby. It sounded highly suspicious to me.

So..... It didn't die. She handed it back. :huh:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, I can just imagine the conversation with her lawyer before this interview.  I'd be intrigued though to see what it was that the home secretary saw that made him make his decision, perhaps he ought to make it public to shut the 'do gooders' up.

I don't think the Home Secretary should be drawn into playing her games by declaring the reasons for his decision. We all know enough not to be taken in by anything she says. Anyway, any information she did divulge would be out of date and limited, PLUS, here she is, announcing her intentions for the world to hear, including her former bosses the Islamic State. Does she not fear for her life? Of course not, because she still has connections with them and they think they can still make use of her.  

• Like 2

It's a different Home Secretary now. Priti Patel succeeded Sajid Javid in July 2019.

Edited by acute
Speeling

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Boy, that Sharia dress code is getting pretty liberal!

This isn't the Taliban 2.0 that we've been hearing about is it? :w00t:

• Haha 4

If she can help fight terrorism then she is still connected to them in my opinion

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I don't think the Home Secretary should be drawn into playing her games by declaring the reasons for his decision. We all know enough not to be taken in by anything she says. Anyway, any information she did divulge would be out of date and limited, PLUS, here she is, announcing her intentions for the world to hear, including her former bosses the Islamic State. Does she not fear for her life? Of course not, because she still has connections with them and they think they can still make use of her.  

Not unless they ordered it

12 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Shamima Begum, the former Islamic State (IS) bride, claimed that she could be an “asset” to Britain in the fight against terrorism, as she said her only crime was being “dumb”.

Begum, who fled her east London home for Syria as a 15-year-old schoolgirl more than six years ago, begged the British public for forgiveness, as she said she wanted to be brought back to the UK to face charges and prove her innocence in court.

She said she had no idea IS was a death cult when she joined, adding: “The only crime I committed was being dumb enough to join IS.”

She added: “I want them [the British public] to see me as an asset rather than a threat to them.”

Sajid Javid, who was home secretary when he took the decision to revoke Begum’s citizenship in 2019, hit back at her claims that she played no part in IS terrorism, hinting at evidence in intelligence reports that made her a threat to national security.

“I won’t go into details of the case, but what I will say is that you certainly haven’t seen what I saw,” he said. “If you did know what I knew, because you are sensible, responsible people, you would have made exactly the same decision – of that, I have no doubt.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/15/shamima-begum-tells-uk-could-help-fight-terrorism-clearly-dont/

In her interview when asked about the vests there is slight grinning, and the same after the AK47 question, and the same when she said you cannot judge a 15 year old when they make a mistake, and increased grinning when asked what she would want to say to Boris watching the interview. My impression is the stuff she said about being influenced and pressured online is true.

My general impression is something is amiss with her in the head. She doesn`t grasp what is wrong with what she has done, she doesn`t grasp the severity of it, and she doesnt come across as quite right. I think she is being manipulative not to hide what she has been up to but to try and get back into the UK. I personally think she is prone to living in a fantasy world.

She gets a bit worked up when asked why she shouldn`t go to Bangladesh, arguing that they have the death penalty. Where is that same getting worked up when trying to claim she didnt do anything? She doesnt get emotional talking about the deaths of her children. Thats odd. Add to living in a fantasy world psychopath.

I say leave her there.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, acute said:

I'm not so sure.  I quite liked the Hijab! :yes:

Some of those Burka Babes are even hotter than the countries they live in.

Agreed, I know looks aren't everything, but these are very pretty girls:

Muslims-burka-729845.jpg

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

In her interview when asked about the vests there is slight grinning, and the same after the AK47 question, and the same when she said you cannot judge a 15 year old when they make a mistake, and increased grinning when asked what she would want to say to Boris watching the interview. My impression is the stuff she said about being influenced and pressured online is true.

My general impression is something is amiss with her in the head. She doesn`t grasp what is wrong with what she has done, she doesn`t grasp the severity of it, and she doesnt come across as quite right. I think she is being manipulative not to hide what she has been up to but to try and get back into the UK. I personally think she is prone to living in a fantasy world.

She gets a bit worked up when asked why she shouldn`t go to Bangladesh, arguing that they have the death penalty. Where is that same getting worked up when trying to claim she didnt do anything? She doesnt get emotional talking about the deaths of her children. Thats odd. Add to living in a fantasy world psychopath.

I say leave her there.

I'd say she's flat out lying.

I haven't got time to dig through the academic research at the minute, but there's a lot of literature out there on microexpressions, and how eye movement, etc. indicate when a person is being dishonest.

It's a contested area of psychology, but as an example watch from the third to the fourth minute of the interview, with the following in mind:

Some research suggests that liars often display rapid eye blinking which slows as they present a lie, due to the increased cognitive demand.

Some research also suggests that looking up to the right is often a giveaway, related to which area of the brain is being accessed to present information.

There are a lot of other small tells like this in the interview, such as touching her mouth, etc. which convince me that she's lying her ass off.

As I say though, it's a contested area of psychology, so people need to make their own minds up I guess.

51 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I'd say she's flat out lying.

I haven't got time to dig through the academic research at the minute, but there's a lot of literature out there on microexpressions, and how eye movement, etc. indicate when a person is being dishonest.

It's a contested area of psychology, but as an example watch from the third to the fourth minute of the interview, with the following in mind:

Some research suggests that liars often display rapid eye blinking which slows as they present a lie, due to the increased cognitive demand.

Some research also suggests that looking up to the right is often a giveaway, related to which area of the brain is being accessed to present information.

There are a lot of other small tells like this in the interview, such as touching her mouth, etc. which convince me that she's lying her ass off.

As I say though, it's a contested area of psychology, so people need to make their own minds up I guess.

When someone is having a conversation they are in a trance. Their consciousness narrows to the topic of conversation, their breathing becomes automatic and shallow, and their eyes move about corresponding to the thought processes they are engaged in. If someone tries to control their eye movements its a struggle. That also knocks them out of their trance and their breathing becomes deeper.

So, there are 6 thought processes we engage in. For a right handed person their eyes movements are as follows:

Top-Left (Visual Memory)                                                Top-Right (Creating an image)

Mid-Left (Audio Memory)                                                 Mid-Right (Creating audio)

Bottom-Left (Inner dialogue)                                           Bottom-Right (Emotions)

It flips over for a left handed person so the left are about creating and emotions, where as the right are about memory and inner dialogue. Again attempts to cheat can be detected by having a look at their breathing.

1. Lying - In an interview like the one in the OP we can tell if someone is lying. By watching their eye movements before each comment we can tell if they are remembering or creating. If they are remembering then it happened, if they are asked to recall something and are creating then it is either a lie or a guess.

2. Interview Questions - The trick is to ask the right questions to uncover if someone is remembering or creating. Then when a potential lie is spotted further questions to get down to whether it is a lie, a guess, and estimation, a rationalisation, etc.

So yes, she is manipulating her way through the first half of the interview. But what is more worrying is the complete lack of emotion, even when talking about the children she has lost.