Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Ancient rock formation is split perfectly in two

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

jethrofloyd

It is certainly the result of erosion, as for example in this case.

sddefault.jpg

 
 
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver

How something appears depends on the level of perception.

 

Get more myopic and it's not perfect, but jagged.

Perception belies the degree of magnification.

I bought a microscope to teach my son this lesson.

 

Look at your 'smooth' fingernail under a microscope. 

At certain magnifications, it resembles the canyons of Afghanistan.

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

john%20and%20paul%20with%20mirrors.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreadLordAvatar

Layers on the rocks do not lineup.  These were obviously cut and placed there.  This is a megalithic structure.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd

 

24 minutes ago, OverSword said:

john%20and%20paul%20with%20mirrors.JPG

Nice, but we're discussing ancient rock stones here. ;)

mick-jagger-and-keith-richards-3c-brian-

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

The video made me nervous, lol. I don't think I'd want to walk under that thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42
33 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Layers on the rocks do not lineup.  These were obviously cut and placed there.  This is a megalithic structure.

That's not 'obvious' at all. It looks like a natural, if amazing and unique, formation. Occam's Razor.

...Is what was used to cut it, LOL.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
42 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Layers on the rocks do not lineup. 

Yes they do, you can see they do from the back in the video. The two parts have shifted a bit from each other but they were one once.

This thing split and the two halves rubbed together with a few hundred thousand years of tectonic activity and erosion, grinding them flat against each other.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom1200
2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Look at your 'smooth' fingernail under a microscope.   At certain magnifications, it resembles the canyons of Afghanistan.

What - full of abandoned US military equipment?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver
12 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

What - full of abandoned US military equipment?

hahaha... you're not even a tool, tools have uses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreadLordAvatar
2 hours ago, moonman said:

Yes they do, you can see they do from the back in the video. The two parts have shifted a bit from each other but they were one once.

This thing split and the two halves rubbed together with a few hundred thousand years of tectonic activity and erosion, grinding them flat against each other.

No, none of the layers or patterns on the 2 rocks line up or even have similar patterns in the same direction.  In fact, there’s a large hole on the inside of one where on the other, it is absolutely solid/flat and pristine.  Erosion does not occur on one surface and not the other. This is absolutely NOT natural. 

Edited by DreadLordAvatar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCC1701

It could be a faultline, the layers don't line up because they moved vertically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
10 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Look at your 'smooth' fingernail under a microscope. 

At certain magnifications, it resembles the canyons of Afghanistan.

 

Can't you say the same thing about the surface of a rock cut in two by a laser?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver
4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

 

Can't you say the same thing about the surface of a rock cut in two by a laser?

Exactly.  That was my point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
11 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

*snip*

This is absolutely NOT natural. 

So what do you think caused it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
19 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

No, none of the layers or patterns on the 2 rocks line up or even have similar patterns in the same direction.  In fact, there’s a large hole on the inside of one where on the other, it is absolutely solid/flat and pristine.  Erosion does not occur on one surface and not the other. This is absolutely NOT natural. 

Sorry, I'll take the word of archeologists who have studied it up close and say it is natural over the word of some guy on the internet doing nothing but looking at pictures of it.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trihalo42
2 hours ago, moonman said:

Sorry, I'll take the word of archeologists who have studied it up close and say it is natural over the word of some guy on the internet doing nothing but looking at pictures of it.

Archaeologists afraid to lose their jobs by contradicting the official narrative. Never trust anyone in any field when they would be personally affected. Elon Musk has nothing to lose because he isn't part of any government operation, and look what he tweeted. Congress is all conflicted over a 3rd party not following their official narrative.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
4 hours ago, moonman said:

Sorry, I'll take the word of archeologists who have studied it up close and say it is natural over the word of some guy on the internet doing nothing but looking at pictures of it.

Just a note. The formation in question falls much more under the purview of geologists as opposed to archaeologists. Also note that the formation is pedestaled. This is the result of an erratic which has subsequently had softer materials eroded from around it. Yes, natural.

Edit: Phrasing.

.

Edited by Swede
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
2 hours ago, Trihalo42 said:

Archaeologists afraid to lose their jobs by contradicting the official narrative. Never trust anyone in any field when they would be personally affected. Elon Musk has nothing to lose because he isn't part of any government operation, and look what he tweeted. Congress is all conflicted over a 3rd party not following their official narrative.

What official narrative? It is an interesting geological formation.

.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
12 hours ago, Timothy said:

So what do you think caused it?

Aliens, obviously.:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
On 9/18/2021 at 6:18 AM, DreadLordAvatar said:

No, none of the layers or patterns on the 2 rocks line up or even have similar patterns in the same direction.

*snip*

How about from this angle?

https://geologyscience.com/gallery/al-naslaa-rock/?amp

image.jpeg.96f8dfae1a167495600d077bfb8ee7d5.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
21 hours ago, Trihalo42 said:

Archaeologists afraid to lose their jobs by contradicting the official narrative. Never trust anyone in any field when they would be personally affected. Elon Musk has nothing to lose because he isn't part of any government operation, and look what he tweeted. Congress is all conflicted over a 3rd party not following their official narrative.

Sometimes (make that almost all the time), a broken rock is just a broken rock. 

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver
On 9/18/2021 at 12:24 AM, Timothy said:

So what do you think caused it?

I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oniomancer
On 9/17/2021 at 4:40 PM, NCC1701 said:

It could be a faultline, the layers don't line up because they moved vertically.

Otherwise known as a slip fault, or slip joint if it doesn't occur on a faultline proper.

A58Extensional-Faults1.GIF

The picture in the UM article is confusing as hell because at first glance, there's what appears to be a fracture surface that looks superficially like folded layers running in opposite directions to each other, perpendicular to the true layering as shown in Timothy's post.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.