Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Does Communist China Have One of the Lowest COVID Rates?

Socio

So let’s look at the numbers adjusted for population. Remember China and India are the largest nations in terms of population (i.e., China 1,439,323,776 and India 1,396,420,400).

According to WorldOMeter, China has had 95,623 total COVID cases since the outbreak. . That is 66 cases per 1 million population. Deaths per 1 million population is 3. Hell, that does not even qualify as an epidemic. 

India, which shares a border with China and has roughly the same number of inhabitants, has 33,447,010 cases. That works out to 23,952 per 1 million population. India’s fatalities from COVID are 319 per 1 million population. One hundred times more people have died in India than in China.

With the China and India numbers in mind, you will now understand how shocking the numbers are for the United States. The United States as of today (September 18, 2021) counts 42,844,035. That is 128,525 per million. We have almost ten million more than India. And compared to China? We have 448 times the number of cases. The differential in deaths is equally staggering–691,313, which is 2,074 per 1 million in population. In other words, we have seven times the deaths that India has recorded and 70 times the deaths in China.

We are on worse off with infections than Mexico.

Sounds like everything we are doing is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I can come up with a few ideas 

1. That China created this virus and was so prepared to handle it.

2. So many of these plagues come out of China that they take it seriously and act fast and severe.

3. China was the first to notice it and the first to act, so they have less of it.

4. It is a biological weapon designed for other countries not itself.

5. China is a more uniform country, less diverse, so it cooperates better during crisis.

6. Communism and the lack of freedoms just gives better security.

7. China is economically better than some of these other countries.

8. Combined reasons.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Green Lion said:

I can come up with a few ideas 

1. That China created this virus and was so prepared to handle it.

What a kind of absurd logic is that? If China had been prepared to manage the domestic impact of a self developed virus, why then was the first vaccine authorized (for limited use) so late (June 2020), means, about six month after the first outbreak? Curious ...

Edited by toast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, toast said:

What a kind of absurd logic is that? If China had been prepared to manage the domestic impact of a self developed virus, why then was the first vaccine authorized (for lilited use) so late (June 2020), means, about six month after the first outbreak? Curious ...

6 months isn't long. Besides, wouldn't that be a dead giveaway that they did it?

• Thanks 3

How about this?....China and India are both HUGE land masses with huge populations   spread out all over them  .. I suspect that the majority of covid cases are clustered  in the major cities?...where a lesser percentage of the total populations live?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Green Lion said:

6 months isn't long. Besides, wouldn't that be a dead giveaway that they did it?

Paranoia is a 24/7 job, isnt it?

• Like 2

More likely they don't have that tendency to touch, kiss, hug and shake hands to as a sign of friendliness or as a show of affection ...

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd say 1) China makes numbers to to try and look good, some kind of nationalism thing.

2) I think asian nations in general had a headstart with their culture already being pretty accustomed to wearing mask. 

3) totalitarian nations can do whatever they want to their people. So like the stories of apartments being locked down by armed soldiers and such. 

• Like 3

To quote Mark Twain

There are lies, damn lies, and then there's statistics.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sure great America is proud as well ...

AP20309639554482.jpg

~

3 hours ago, Socio said:

Sounds like everything we are doing is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. 

All that is needed to eliminate coronavirus from the planet is a 3 week total planetwide lockdown.

Not the lockdowns we have. Ones were each household is given 2 weeks of food and water, then sealed inside their homes. China did that in several of its cities.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Or more likely, China has continued it's usual habit of talking utter crap when sharing statistics that would make it look bad.

Exactly. The same reason Covid didn't even reach North Best Korea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

More likely they don't have that tendency to touch, kiss, hug and shake hands to as a sign of friendliness or as a show of affection ...

~

Maybe they just report cases like Florida does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

O

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

No indeed, the Chinese love to fk other countries in the rear.

Tibet, Taiwan, their Uighur, Hong Kong.

Why are you always so defensive when China is the topic?

You're a crypto-communist?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Socio said:

Why does Chins have the lowest COVID Rates, lets see, Um because they are lying about the number of infections have!:yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

That's true, that is a cultural aspect of East Asian culture that most Westerners don't understand. But, I suspect that they may not be accurately reporting the statistics for infections in the country in addition to your comments above. It's like North Korea, up until approximately 4 months ago their Leader Kim, Jung Un was reporting that they 0 COVID 19 cases in his country, now he is Begging for medical supplies, Covid vaccine, and food because their rice crop failed!:yes:

• Like 3

Don't you think that hoping they completely lied about the numbers is optimistic? Not a planning for the worst case scenario that they just did better?

If anyone believes that China has had only 107,912 Covid cases and 4,849 deaths (JHU) in a population of 1,446,069,655 (Worldometer),

especially with the - allegedly - sudden onset from a wet market, they probably also believe that Justin Bieber is the apex of musical creativity :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The same way North Korea doesn't have any cases at all.

They lie.

Though form what I read (if it is true) their ways of containing the virus/infected people were a lot more brutal than what would be possible in the West. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe they just report cases like Florida does.

If you believed that, you deserve Florida and your numbers. Just because China took this seriously, seriously enough, you make this a war of propaganda, as if that's gonna help anybody, most of all yourself. 

This is a "new" virus

It means nobody knows what the hell it can really do, you might want to take it lightly but we know the science to wanna not take chances. 

~

4 hours ago, Abramelin said:

O

No indeed, the Chinese love to fk other countries in the rear.

Tibet, Taiwan, their Uighur, Hong Kong.

"countries" ?

If you want to make imperialistic strategies, might be helpful if get the facts and history factually correct. 

~

Why are you always so defensive when China is the topic?

Because there are more attacks on facts when China is the topic? 

You think I'm defending China? You believe China needs me to defend China from this kind of nonsense? 

I just want to be clear that I'm not associated with this kind stupidity.

~

You're a crypto-communist?

Not even a miner, and or anything politically associated. 

You think this is a question of political systems and beliefs? 

~

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's true, that is a cultural aspect of East Asian culture that most Westerners don't understand. But, I suspect that they may not be accurately reporting the statistics for infections in the country in addition to your comments above. It's like North Korea, up until approximately 4 months ago their Leader Kim, Jung Un was reporting that they 0 COVID 19 cases in his country, now he is Begging for medical supplies, Covid vaccine, and food because their rice crop failed!:yes:

How many people goes in OR out of North Korea before and during the pandemic?

Edited by third_eye
Pre coffee spasm