Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Does Communist China Have One of the Lowest COVID Rates?

Socio

Just now, third_eye said:

If you believed that, you deserve Florida and your numbers. Just because China took this seriously, seriously enough, you make this a war of propaganda, as if that's gonna help anybody, most of all yourself. 

This is a "new" virus

It means nobody knows what the hell it can really do, you might want to take it lightly but we know the science to wanna not take chances. 

~

"countries" ?

If you want to make imperialistic strategies, might be helpful if get the facts and history factually correct. 

~

Because there are more attacks on facts when China is the topic? 

You think I'm defending China? You believe China needs me to defend China from this kind of nonsense? 

I just don't want to be clear that I'm not associated with this kind stupidity.

~

Not even a miner, and or anything politically associated. 

You think this is a question of political systems and beliefs? 

~

How many people goes in OR out of North Korea before and during the pandemic?

I have no idea how many people have gone in or out of North Korea before or during the Pandemic. However, Kim Jung Uns claims are pure propaganda and nothing else. Spies have been sending reports and photos out of North Korea, and in the countryside there many thousands of bodies laying where they fell, rotting, so they are not even disposing of the dead. In reality we will never know how North Koreans died, but with the country still Iiving like its the 1960s I would not be surprised if the death total is equal to or past the US. 

This is the time in since Kim Jung Un took power that he has begged for anything from the International Community, so things must be as bad as they can possible get!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have no idea how many people have gone in or out of North Korea before or during the Pandemic. However, Kim Jung Uns claims are pure propaganda and nothing else.

Just as the opposite is almost half as true, that's the nature of propaganda games. 

~

Spies have been sending reports and photos out of North Korea, and in the countryside there many thousands of bodies laying where they fell, rotting, so they are not even disposing of the dead.

Spies have been saying a lot of things since Korea was sliced in two on a map.

You forgot "dogs eating the entrails of children not yet really dead"

That's the good one, almost Hollywood blockbuster stuff that. 

~

In reality we will never know how North Koreans died, but with the country still Iiving like its the 1960s I would not be surprised if the death total is equal to or past the US. 

Population wise? 

That's funny, they'll have to have 20 babies from every woman all surviving to adulthood since the 70s for that to make sense. 

~

This is the time in since Kim Jung Un took power that he has begged for anything from the International Community, so things must be as bad as they can possible get!

Maybe, but you know Batman is going to fall for the trick and into a trap anyways, that's why Batman is a comic superhero movie character. 

~

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Green Lion said:

I can come up with a few ideas 

1. That China created this virus and was so prepared to handle it.

2. So many of these plagues come out of China that they take it seriously and act fast and severe.

3. China was the first to notice it and the first to act, so they have less of it.

4. It is a biological weapon designed for other countries not itself.

5. China is a more uniform country, less diverse, so it cooperates better during crisis.

6. Communism and the lack of freedoms just gives better security.

7. China is economically better than some of these other countries.

8. Combined reasons.

Covid and its close relatives are native to China; the Chinese people have likely had many small epidemics over the centuries and through them have acquired a degree of resistance.

They have used things like masks and social distancing well, where we have failed to do that.

Poorer reporting.  The numbers only appear to be lower.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066

While I don’t really believe the numbers coming from China, I have to give them credit for one thing: compared to the US, China has almost zero co-morbidities to deal with. (The obesity epidemic here in the US is out of control.)

I don’t know what Vietnam’s Covid numbers are, but 30 years ago I was in Vietnam for 13 days; In that entire time, I saw only one person who was a bit ‘chunky’. It was weird: I saw him on a street in Ho Chi Minh City leaning against a ‘65 Ford Mustang!! I figured he was connected to organized crime or something. 

The food in Vietnam is amazingly healthy: lots of fish and fresh vegetables. I returned home 8 pounds lighter than when I left.

In China 20 years ago, the only obese people I saw were other tourists. Again, the food was healthy and lean, and the people were skinny.

Maybe China could send us Donny Yen and Ziyi Zhang to teach us how to eat so we could all become skinny again.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Just as the opposite is almost half as true, that's the nature of propaganda games. 

~

Spies have been saying a lot of things since Korea was sliced in two on a map.

You forgot "dogs eating the entrails of children not yet really dead"

That's the good one, almost Hollywood blockbuster stuff that. 

~

Population wise? 

That's funny, they'll have to have 20 babies from every woman all surviving to adulthood since the 70s for that to make sense. 

~

Maybe, but you know Batman is going to fall for the trick and into a trap anyways, that's why Batman is a comic superhero movie character. 

~

I guess they filter the news concerning North Korea where you live, but they don't here. I know the point we're attempting to make by asking how many people did I know of that had entered North Korea before or during the Pandemic. But, in reality their boarder with China is poorly protected, and North Koreans pass back and forth on a regular basis, in fact that's how most North Korean defectors make it to South Korea. Then when you consider that the Pandemic started in China, it isn't possible for North Korea to have been infection free. 

The photos clearly show what is happening in North Korea, in devastating clarity. It you choose to not believe what is going on I certainly don't care, that's your choice. But obviously China is having some serious problems of their own with the Pandemic, because they are the only reason North Korea exists. They have propped North Korea up and controlled the Leadership since the Korean War, and I don't blame them for that because it makes sense that they would want a buffer zone between themselves and the Western Forces in South Korea. 

But China has also been the main source of all Supplies for North Korea, since the Korean War and it appears that supply chain has broken down. Like I said Kim Jung Un has never begged the International community for Medical Supplies, and food before. 

North Korea tells WHO it has no COVID cases: 16 Jun 2021

""North Korea has told the World Health Organization (WHO)  that it has tested more than 30,000 people for COVID-19 up to June 10 but that it has not yet found a single case of the virus. In a monitoring report, the WHO said North Korea's testing numbers included 733 people who were tested during June 4 to 10, of whom 149 had exhibited influenza-like symptoms or severe respiratory infections.""

""But many experts doubt North Korea's claim that it has not found a single case of the virus. They say the country's poor health infrastructure and porous border with China — its major ally and economic lifeline — mean that some people would have caught the infection. North Korea's population is estimated at about 25 million, meaning that barely one in 1,000 people have been tested"". https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-digest-north-korea-tells-who-it-has-no-covid-cases/a-57989002

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, simplybill said:

While I don’t really believe the numbers coming from China, I have to give them credit for one thing: compared to the US, China has almost zero co-morbidities to deal with. (The obesity epidemic here in the US is out of control.)

I don’t know what Vietnam’s Covid numbers are, but 30 years ago I was in Vietnam for 13 days; In that entire time, I only saw one person who was a bit ‘chunky’. It was weird: he was in Ho Chi Minh City, leaning against a ‘65 Ford Mustang!! I figured he was connected to organized crime or something. 

The food in Vietnam is amazingly healthy: lots of fish and fresh vegetables. I returned home 8 pounds lighter than when I left.

In China 20 years ago, the only obese people I saw were other tourists. Again, the food was healthy and lean, and the people were skinny.

Maybe China could send us Donny Yen and Ziyi Zhang to teach us how to eat so we could all become skinny again.

I agree with you obesity is not a major problem across Asia. The main co-morbidity in Asia is smoking, it's amazing how many people smoke here. The main illnesses that are common here are forms of cancer, Lung Cancer, Stomach Cancer, and Liver Cancer. I suspect that Liver problems are Common is because is because of alcohol consumption, you can buy small bottles of Soju for about a dollar. 

• Like 1

The main co-morbidity in Asia is smoking, it's amazing how many people smoke here.

I forgot about the smoking.

And those cigarettes! I think they’re made with industrial-strength tobacco!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

If you believed that, you deserve Florida and your numbers. Just because China took this seriously, seriously enough, you make this a war of propaganda, as if that's gonna help anybody, most of all yourself. 

This is a "new" virus

It means nobody knows what the hell it can really do, you might want to take it lightly but we know the science to wanna not take chances. 

Nah.  Just helping the Trumpsters with their anger and victimhood. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I forgot about the smoking.

And those cigarettes! I think they’re made with industrial-strength tobacco!

Yes I think they are Bill. 

Its good to see you back posting again, I hope all is well my friend!:tu:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Its good to see you back posting again, I hope all is well my friend!:tu:

Thank you, Manwon. It’s good to be back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

Covid and its close relatives are native to China; the Chinese people have likely had many small epidemics over the centuries and through them have acquired a degree of resistance.

They have used things like masks and social distancing well, where we have failed to do that.

Poorer reporting.  The numbers only appear to be lower.

Doug

Hey Doug, there really is no resistance to Virus like this. But, yes they have had other experiences with Coronaviruses, in 2002 for example the SARS Virus also began in China. SARS had a mortality rate of 30% of those infected, and was also different than the current mutated version of that Virus SARS-Cov-2. The original SARS Virus had an incubation period of approximately 5 days, so it was easy to identify and to Quarantine those infected, and when you add the high death rate the Virus was not spread so easily, so by using effective method of controlling its spread the Virus just burned itself out and disappeared. 

However, since Bats have a strong immunity they carry the Virus and by doing this it allows the Virus to mutate within them. Then some time between June and September of 2019, Bats infected another host mammal that in turn infected humans in the countryside of the Hubei province of China. Again a noval Coronavirus was killing people in China, now this started in the Chinese countryside most likely farmers were the first infected. As the infected looked for medical assistance they began traveling towards the nearest large city Wuhan China.

However during their travel to Wuhan they infected others along the way leaving a path that has been traced from the countryside to Wuhan. So the initial reports that this Virus was caused by a laboratory leak, or that it started in the Wuhan Wet Market is PURE BS. With that said according to genetic research this type of Coronavirus strain is a Viral strain that started in the last century or so. The reason these Viruses are becoming more prevalent is because of encroachment into new areas by humans which is bringing humans into contact with the Natural biodiversity Like nerer before. 

So back to your comments about the Chinese having some immunity to exposure in the past, isn't really likely because the previous versions of the SARS strain of Coronavirus were deadly and designed to be easily spread. In addition like all Viral strains when they are first encountered they are very dead, but that is counterintuitive to a Viruses nature which is to continue their life style by spreading. So it only makes sense that the Mutations that occurred in the original Viral Reservoir Bats ( Type Unknown at this time ) that created SARS would be less deadly and more infectious so it could continue to spread and exist. 

This is the reason that the current Pandemic occurred, SARS-Cov-2 is not as deadly and it has an incubation period of up to 14 days with no known sign of infection. But even though there is no known sign of infection those infected start shedding the Virus approximately 7 days after they are infected thus infecting those they have contact with. 

Take Care Dough.:tu:

42 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Thank you, Manwon. It’s good to be back. 

My friend you are a well respected forum member, and when members like you disappear it's noticed.

Peace. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

The photos clearly show what is happening in North Korea, in devastating clarity. It you choose to not believe what is going on I certainly don't care, that's your choice. But obviously China is having some serious problems of their own with the Pandemic, because they are the only reason North Korea exists.

Honestly, if you believe Seoul news outlets to that degree , even with a pot of salt, there is nothing more for anyone else to say. 

~

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

They have propped North Korea up and controlled the Leadership since the Korean War, and I don't blame them for that because it makes sense that they would want a buffer zone between themselves and the Western Forces in South Korea

The only reason that partition still exist is because of the US and nobody else, blaming China is just that convenient scare tactics to get elected to office. Other than that, nobody gives a damn or a flying pan. 

~

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Honestly, if you believe Seoul news outlets to that degree , even with a pot of salt, there is nothing more for anyone else to say. 

~

The only reason that partition still exist is because of the US and nobody else, blaming China is just that convenient scare tactics to get elected to office. Other than that, nobody gives a damn or a flying pan. 

~

Who blamed China, please don't put words in mouth and for your information Nations of the NATO Alliance are stationed here, but the largest percentage are US Military. The reason the partion of the two Koreas exists is because of the idiot President Truman. He allowed the partion to take place in 1945 and that was a major mistake. As far as why there is a US presence here today was because China and Russia supplied arms to North Korea so that North Korea could over run South Korea with the intended purpose of spreading Communist Doctrine.

When the North Korea attacked the South there only was no military build up in South Korea, in fact there were only 510 US Soldiers in the entire country. So I totally disagree with you on why the partion exists, and indirectly China was responsible for that partion to this very day. If North Korea had never invaded the South and if China had not propped North Korea up all these years there would most likely be no US presence in Korea today. So While I did not say so previous and after considering all I have posted I suppose I  blame China, because by arming North Korea and allowing them to attack South Korea, China created this entire situation themselves. 

In 1950 when the Korean War started General McCarthur wanted to use the Atomic Bomb to stop the Chinese advance over the Yalu River, and it would have ended the war. Again if the idiot President Truman had not prevented it there would be no North Korea or Partion today. Because in 1950 the US was the most powerful Nuclear power on the planet they had an arsenal of 299 Nuclear Weapons and the only other Nuclear power was Russia. In late 1949 Russia detonated their first Atomic bomb as a test, so no other power in the world even cane close to the US Nuclear Stength. 

disturbing

5 hours ago, simplybill said:

While I don’t really believe the numbers coming from China, I have to give them credit for one thing: compared to the US, China has almost zero co-morbidities to deal with. (The obesity epidemic here in the US is out of control.

I did a quick check on that and yes, its really alarming. In my homeland, Germany, the obesity rate is too high as well and the reasons are the same here and there: fast- and junk food consumption. Of course, a percentage of these obese suffer some kind of metabolic disorder but thats not the majority.

worldpopulationreview.com

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Who blamed China,...

You

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I suppose I  blame China, ...

~

As for everything else... 

I'll wait for the comic book 

~

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You

~

As for everything else... 

I'll wait for the comic book 

~

Yes I can see the comic book now the Fat Kim Jung Un and his anorexic sister fighting their way through a Coronavirus Zombie apocalypse!! :lol: 

Fat little Jung slips and is eaten by the starving North Korean Coronavirus Zombies. While his loyal sister decides if you can't beat them join them and she also joins in and feasts on her brother!:D

Bon Appetite:tu:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Fat little Jung slips and is eaten by the starving North Korean Coronavirus Zombies.

You must be munching on old kimchi... 

original.jpg

~

Seriously, I understand why you have to pull your pants down when you're desperate to loose a load to feel better  but if you're doing it wrong, it just doesn't help your cause. 

~

1) The Chinese do not complain when told to lock down. Or they disappear.
2) The Chinese do not refuse the vaccine.   Or they disappear.
3) The Chinese have strict quarantine rules which everyone complies with.  Or they disappear.
4) The Chinese do exactly as they are told.  Or they disappear.

(I could go on)

China is still seeing cases - almost all of them imported.   So far, their strict lockdowns have meant that the newer variants have not taken hold there. 

10 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Doug, there really is no resistance to Virus like this. But, yes they have had other experiences with Coronaviruses, in 2002 for example the SARS Virus also began in China. SARS had a mortality rate of 30% of those infected, and was also different than the current mutated version of that Virus SARS-Cov-2. The original SARS Virus had an incubation period of approximately 5 days, so it was easy to identify and to Quarantine those infected, and when you add the high death rate the Virus was not spread so easily, so by using effective method of controlling its spread the Virus just burned itself out and disappeared. 

However, since Bats have a strong immunity they carry the Virus and by doing this it allows the Virus to mutate within them. Then some time between June and September of 2019, Bats infected another host mammal that in turn infected humans in the countryside of the Hubei province of China. Again a noval Coronavirus was killing people in China, now this started in the Chinese countryside most likely farmers were the first infected. As the infected looked for medical assistance they began traveling towards the nearest large city Wuhan China.

However during their travel to Wuhan they infected others along the way leaving a path that has been traced from the countryside to Wuhan. So the initial reports that this Virus was caused by a laboratory leak, or that it started in the Wuhan Wet Market is PURE BS. With that said according to genetic research this type of Coronavirus strain is a Viral strain that started in the last century or so. The reason these Viruses are becoming more prevalent is because of encroachment into new areas by humans which is bringing humans into contact with the Natural biodiversity Like nerer before. 

So back to your comments about the Chinese having some immunity to exposure in the past, isn't really likely because the previous versions of the SARS strain of Coronavirus were deadly and designed to be easily spread. In addition like all Viral strains when they are first encountered they are very dead, but that is counterintuitive to a Viruses nature which is to continue their life style by spreading. So it only makes sense that the Mutations that occurred in the original Viral Reservoir Bats ( Type Unknown at this time ) that created SARS would be less deadly and more infectious so it could continue to spread and exist. 

This is the reason that the current Pandemic occurred, SARS-Cov-2 is not as deadly and it has an incubation period of up to 14 days with no known sign of infection. But even though there is no known sign of infection those infected start shedding the Virus approximately 7 days after they are infected thus infecting those they have contact with. 

Bats, too.

Anyone who thinks one person cannot change the world has never eaten an under-cooked bat.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066

On 9/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, third_eye said:

More likely they don't have that tendency to touch, kiss, hug and shake hands to as a sign of friendliness or as a show of affection ...

~

There are other contries where they don't do that either, like my country, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the UK, and Iceland.

Still...

14 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Something comes to mind. If the 2002 SARS was more deadly and Covid-19 is more contagious, then if they were somehow combined would we have the super deadly and contagious disease we are looking for?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, toast said:

disturbing

I did a quick check on that and yes, its really alarming. In my homeland, Germany, the obesity rate is too high as well and the reasons are the same here and there: fast- and junk food consumption. Of course, a percentage of these obese suffer some kind of metabolic disorder but thats not the majority.

worldpopulationreview.com

toast - That’s an interesting chart. I was surprised to see so many South Pacific island nations at the top of the list, though I guess it makes sense. Samoans and Tongans are naturally (and culturally) large-framed people to begin with, so the addition of fried foods to their diet would be a double whammy. 

Somewhat related side note:

The health club I belonged to in Salt Lake City had a lot of competitive bodybuilders. There was one big Tongan guy that placed 13th in the Mr. America contest and was interviewed by the local media. He said that a part of his high-protein diet was eating two whole chickens every day. I’m sure he burned up the calories during his 8-hour workouts, but I think it’d be difficult to switch back to normal eating when he retired from bodybuilding.

It’d be interesting to see another chart alongside that one showing the Covid hospitalization rates and death rates, if honest statistics could actually be found. Here in the US, there are accusations of inflated numbers due to government financial aid to hospitals, whereas Communist nations are accused of under-reporting their statistics to preserve the Communist Party’s reputation.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Lion said:

Something comes to mind. If the 2002 SARS was more deadly and Covid-19 is more contagious, then if they were somehow combined would we have the super deadly and contagious disease we are looking for?

Well you right we would have a very deadly disease, but let us hope that never occurs. But look at it this way and this is the scary part, the frequency of these infections are increasing. In 2002 the SARS Virus started effecting humans, the in 2014 the MERS Virus also caused by Bats came along 12 years later and started effecting humans, and then 5 years later SARS-Cov-2 ( COVID 19 ) causes the current Pandemic. Well realistically this isn't the last Virus to emerge, and the next one is already out there somewhere looking for a host mammal to infect to start the process all over again. This is how nature pays us back for destroying the Earths Biodiversity, so in reality we are sowing the seeds of our own destruction.

Take Care.