Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top 11 Reasons for COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy – First: Mistrust of Government

Grim Reaper 6

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you care about some grand scheme? Why does it matter to you if in billions of years to come, the universe will eventually extinguish? 

What about the here and now? We see the only species on the planet to be able to understand the universe around us.

To experience our lifetimes, to be able to gaze upon space and understand what's out there, to understand as much and to be born at this time whilst we stumble into the universe is a tremendous privilege. 

Why waste that incredible opportunity?

BTW. I'm fifty five next year.

Why do I care about a grand scheme? Well, if when we die we just turn to dust, that means I could be the nicest, best person who ever lived, or I could be the meanest, vilest who ever lived, but when I die, regardless, just be dust. No reward, no punishment, nothing. That makes no sense to me. So if that makes no sense, why should anything make sense? Random swirling atoms, you know...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, simplybill said:

Doing well, Manwon. I’m on a road trip to visit family and friends during Thanksgiving weekend.

This has been a great discussion here. Learning a lot!

That sounds like a great way to spend the Holiday stay safe and enjoy!

As far as learning a lot I am also, the questions I receive the more research I do and the more .I also learn so that's a two way street my friend.

Have a great Holiday Bill. :tu:

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 11:49 PM, psyche101 said:

That's exactly what Gummug is saying, that's his position which is being discussed. He despises Government, media and medicine just because ......  Typical right wing agenda. 

We don't know expect you to pick that much up though, you're not a smart man.

You are an idiot.   

People don't trust the government for a number of reasons.  That is their choice.   It doesn't have to be a "right wing" " left wing" thing.    African Americans have a very low vaccination rate and they are mostly left leaning.   i just got my booster and I am right leaning.   There are all kinds.  

• Like 2

From the New York Post, afaik, not known for conservative values:

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/nypost.com/2021/11/27/the-post-says-its-time-for-a-dr-fauci-ectomy/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#aoh=16380831812159&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2021%2F11%2F27%2Fthe-post-says-its-time-for-a-dr-fauci-ectomy%2

They say time for Dr. Fauci to hit the road jack, and don't you come back...

(I may have been wrong, they may lean to the right, but, truth is truth...)

Edited by Gummug
clarification

45 minutes ago, Gummug said:

Are you calling Rupert Murdoch a lefty?

Just now, Golden Duck said:

Are you calling Rupert Murdoch a lefty?

No I just now edited saying I was mistaken. I think I was confusing it with the NY Times. Surprises me that not everything in NY leans left, though, tbh.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 5:58 PM, Gummug said:

Well if you are right in a few years we will be dead and won't care if we were right or wrong. Maybe those left alive will care but we won't. If I am right I will be in heaven (I hope may God have mercy on me a sinner) and you will be in an unhappy-making (sic) place... not using this as a case for faith necessarily, but might be food for thought. Psyche, if you are 55, then you have surely been around the block once or twice, so surely you have thought on such things? Anyway thanks for your patience and peace out...

Coming from a religious upbringing I've thought about it more than I care to mention. 

What I see as a problem with your approach there is you are living this life for the next, basically wasting the current life in hopes of a new better one. 

People will remember you. That's the real afterlife. What do you want to be remembered as, for or by? 

I hope there's a god. I am quite certain that there isn't but if there was, I'd have a lot of questions for it and a lot of grievances to air. I'd probably be the first person to give god a black eye. Even Gods should be accountable.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:19 PM, Gummug said:

Why do I care about a grand scheme? Well, if when we die we just turn to dust, that means I could be the nicest, best person who ever lived, or I could be the meanest, vilest who ever lived, but when I die, regardless, just be dust. No reward, no punishment, nothing. That makes no sense to me. So if that makes no sense, why should anything make sense? Random swirling atoms, you know...

How does it make sense? Why do you feel you should be punished or rewarded? 

I find that makes no sense. There's no reason for some ultimate judge to exist at all.

You are part of the grand scheme. That's where you fit in and why you should care. You will be remembered by loved ones. Your time here will be as pleasant or awful ad you make it. It's in your hands. Not some god that someone made up ages ago. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 10:32 AM, Myles said:

You are an idiot.   

People don't trust the government for a number of reasons.  That is their choice.   It doesn't have to be a "right wing" " left wing" thing.    African Americans have a very low vaccination rate and they are mostly left leaning.   i just got my booster and I am right leaning.   There are all kinds.  

Come on Myles. This isn't a discussion about that, Gummug and I are discussing personal views. Try to leave the grown ups alone, you're not a smart man and just make things awkward. Good you're vaccinated, you can do something right which is positive for a change!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, Socio said:

Another reason not to trust:

List.thumb.jpg.00825f03cd9873a4a62c7eeb2a9c937b.jpg

Wake up indeed.

They are all political. Where are the doctors? 

Politics isn't medicine. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 12:47 AM, acidhead said:

This photo was taken 33 years ago. 

20211127_154509.jpg

I want to add something to this.

Pfizer has paid one of the largest criminal fines in history!

That should be enough information for everybody's alarm bells to start ringing.

This will be my last comment here because I have had enough of this madness. :yes:

The truth can't be stopped - even if it takes years, then the truth will come to light!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LightAngel said:

The truth can't be stopped - even if it takes years, then the truth will come to light!

What truth? About what?

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

What truth? About what?

Maybe the truth that artificial persons can be restructured?

Pfizer entered a corporate integrity agreement with the Office of Inspector General that required it to make substantial structural reforms within the company, and publish to its website its post approval commitments and a searchable database of all payments to physicians made by the company.[162]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfizer

I guess we'll never know for sure, since the little white lie was the user's last comment here.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Come on Myles. This isn't a discussion about that, Gummug and I are discussing personal views. Try to leave the grown ups alone, you're not a smart man and just make things awkward. Good you're vaccinated, you can do something right which is positive for a change!

You are an idiot.   You have made your views known but will not stop repeating the same crap.

By the way, I only started calling you an idiot after you claimed I was not smart.    You are like a child with your predictable responses.  

We should just agree to leave each other be.  

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 3:19 AM, Gummug said:

my grandma told me once, a difference between a smart man and a stupid one, is not about how much one knows, they both may know just as much,  it is about knowing your limits, and picking battles you can win.  

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 6:47 PM, acidhead said:

This photo was taken 33 years ago. 

20211127_154509.jpg

idk, that guy on the pic looks a lot more like Reagan than him.  lol

not that i defend him, for what he did to those dogs alone, he's on my forever sht list.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myles said:

You are an idiot.   You have made your views known but will not stop repeating the same crap.

Says the guy who picks on women and slanders anyone you don't agree with. 

How much of a hypocrite are you Myles? Do you think your views are unknown? Shouldn't you stop posting according to your own advice? All you do is hurl insults anymore. I don't know why you think anyone wants to see that posted or cares about your view. 

8 hours ago, Myles said:

By the way, I only started calling you an idiot after you claimed I was not smart.    You are like a child with your predictable responses.  

Then you should leave other discussions be. 

8 hours ago, Myles said:

We should just agree to leave each other be.  

You started it. You usually do. Take your own advice.

• Confused 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:26 PM, psyche101 said:

How does it make sense? Why do you feel you should be punished or rewarded? 

I find that makes no sense. There's no reason for some ultimate judge to exist at all.

You are part of the grand scheme. That's where you fit in and why you should care. You will be remembered by loved ones. Your time here will be as pleasant or awful ad you make it. It's in your hands. Not some god that someone made up ages ago. 

Well you have given me something to think about. Not trying to ignore you, but I need to think on this for a bit.

1 hour ago, Gummug said:

Well you have given me something to think about. Not trying to ignore you, but I need to think on this for a bit.

No worries mate. Take your time. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 2:28 PM, Golden Duck said:

the little white lie was the user's last comment here.

When people tell a white lie then it's usually to protect someone's feelings.

So yes, I can tell a white lie, but I didn't tell any white lies on this topic - I told the truth.

End of story!

• Like 1