Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world

Grim Reaper 6

Alberta health-care system 'collapsing,' unions say in letter asking for military's help. Union leaders representing thousands of medical workers in Alberta have asked Premier Jason Kenney to deploy the military and Red Cross to shore up a health-care system they say is "collapsing right in front of our eyes," due to rapidly rising COVID-19 cases. 

It's time to call in the military to help our overwhelmed hospitals,' says a letter issued Saturdayand addressed to the premier, with a warning that hospitals have "run out of staff" to treat severe cases.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-canada-world-sept19-2021-1.6181580

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In Albuquerque the national guard is already administering the Covid tests to free up medical personnel for other things.   Our hospitals are not tent cities yet but they are packed above capacity and we have a shortage of medical personnel, nurses, medics etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In Albuquerque the national guard is already administering the Covid tests to free up medical personnel for other things.   Our hospitals are not tent cities yet but they are packed above capacity and we have a shortage of medical personnel, nurses, medics etc.

Wow that's really terrible, living here in Korea I didn't realize how bad thing are getting in the US. Here in Korea things are not really too bad over all, here everyone wants to be vaccinated, and everyone where's masks, the only thing they are not good at is social distancing. The main reason is the cities here are very crowded and it's hard for people to main a proper distance all the time, but they still try. 

• Like 5

When you picture Alberta Premier Jason Kenney, imagine DeSantis  of Florida or Abbott of Texas.

Yes, we have crazy leaders too.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

When you picture Alberta Premier Jason Kenney, imagine DeSantis  of Florida or Abbott of Texas.

Yes, we have crazy leaders too.

Kenney initially was against vaccine passports, but now that he deems them a necessary measure, vaccine bookings have nearly tripled in the province. That should make a significant difference..... And in other news, Alberta's new proof of vaccination cards apparently can be easily edited lol. They are being issued in PDF format and people are finding that they can make changes in every field. It may be an offence to falsify a health record, but that's not going to stop some from doing it.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8203414/alberta-vaccination-cards-covid-19/

• Like 3

Alberta is our Texas and Florida, combined. I see a lot of Albertans come through BC, and say the same thing, conspiracy, no Covid, don't need the vaccine, and so on.

I met a couple the first summer into this pandemic tell me how hydroxychloroquine, two doses of 200mg for two weeks would cure it all. I have no idea where they would have picked that up.........!!??

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, jeceris said:

Alberta is our Texas and Florida, combined. I see a lot of Albertans come through BC, and say the same thing, conspiracy, no Covid, don't need the vaccine, and so on.

I met a couple the first summer into this pandemic tell me how hydroxychloroquine, two doses of 200mg for two weeks would cure it all. I have no idea where they would have picked that up.........!!??

Mostly social media in the way of memes and links to false information. Because they believe everything read on the Internet is true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Kenney initially was against vaccine passports, but now that he deems them a necessary measure, vaccine bookings have nearly tripled in the province. That should make a significant difference..... And in other news, Alberta's new proof of vaccination cards apparently can be easily edited lol. They are being issued in PDF format and people are finding that they can make changes in every field. It may be an offence to falsify a health record, but that's not going to stop some from doing it.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8203414/alberta-vaccination-cards-covid-19/

Hi Kittens

I have been carrying my vaccination papers in my wallet for months and tomorrow I can go to the Registrar’s office and get a wallet size card for free but will pay to have it laminated. Today I went for supper with a fellow that hasn’t been vaccinated and we were turned away from the restaurant because he hasn’t Ben tested or have papers so we ended up eating in the parking lot at A&W. We talked about vaccinations and testing so tomorrow he is going for a test because he realizes that he will not be able to do things like go for a beer with his supper and eat something other than a burger in a bag. We are working out of town for the week so it is finally making an impact on his thinking. This evening I heard him speaking with his wife about making appointments for both of them to get the jab.

When he asked me what I thought earlier when we were refused service I told him I took my jabs so that I wouldn’t have a problem with work environments and that I had no effects from it. We have worked together on projects several times since the onset of COVID and he has said many times that he didn’t want to be forced to do something. I told him that I like having a smoke with a beer or after a meal but I was forced to change my habits and accept that it has been mandated that I cannot do what I enjoy for the benefit of others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cannot visit a niece for her birthday because of that covid19 stuff - and because the wind blows from the wrong direction.

As far as I am concerned everybody who fears death and wants to be safe can go sit at the bottom of a very deep well. I will put and nail on the cover over the opening of that pit to ensure that no covid19 enters it.