Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Staff orders news media to leave The White House

itsnotoutthere

"I have not seen this before. For the White House comms team to interrupt a head of stare mid sentence is unreal."

MOMENTS AGO: Staff orders news media to leave The White House as UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaks mid-sentence

Before the sudden interruption… PM JOHNSON: "Would it be OK if we had a couple of questions? Just a couple?" PRES. BIDEN: "Good luck."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"I have not seen this before. For the White House comms team to interrupt a head of stare mid sentence is unreal."

MOMENTS AGO: Staff orders news media to leave The White House as UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaks mid-sentence

Before the sudden interruption… PM JOHNSON: "Would it be OK if we had a couple of questions? Just a couple?" PRES. BIDEN: "Good luck."

The impression I had yesterday was it looked as though Boris was taking over the show. 

The press had already been told there would be no questions. 

Boris asked for a couple anyway and then it was shut down after the Beth Rigby US/UK trade deal question. 

Boris wanted to take questions and leave Joe out of it, Boris was picking reporters to ask questions then Beth made the mistake of asking Joe a direct question and that must have set off the alarm bells. 

Had Beth not wanted a feather in her cap by asking the president a question, rather than Boris, it might have gone more smoothly? 

1 minute ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Boris wanted to take questions and leave Joe out of it, Boris was picking reporters to ask questions then Beth made the mistake of asking Joe a direct question and that must have set off the alarm bells. 

Had Beth not wanted a feather in her cap by asking the president a question, rather than Boris, it might have gone more smoothly? 

But worrying that they are so ***t scared of the press asking Biden any questions. Even his most rabid supporters must find this telling. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

But worrying that they are so ***t scared of the press asking Biden any questions. Even his most rabid supporters must find this telling. 

Its not a good look for somebody supposed to be a communicator and who takes others opinions into account. ;) 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Very doubtful.  No more than would trumps.

Edited by OverSword

of course they do not want to be embarrassed, Biden is a walking veggie. that talks sometimes, they were afraid he would actually open his mouth and same some idiotic nonsense like he always does

Edited by aztek
  • Like 6

I believe he has some kind of medical situation like dementia. It would explain no questions (because he might not remember) and why he seems to read from a teleprompter, and still flubs things up. Of course the alternative for them is to let Kamala Harris take over, and all she would do is laugh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps he is scared of answering questions , because if he makes a mistake , the whole world will pick it up ,which is not good for his leadership image , and also America's .

• Haha 1

Amidst the chaos.... Johnson heard Joe turn to him and say... "See! I told you we'd get in trouble taking questions. They always telling me I'll get in trouble. If I'm good they give me a sticker..."