Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Zealand Lockdown Police Arrest Kentucky Fried Chicken Smugglers

el midgetron

In one of the strangest scenes from New Zealand’s bizarre coronavirus lockdowns, two alleged gang members were busted on Sunday while attempting to smuggle a large quantity of Kentucky Fried Chicken into the locked-down capital of Auckland. 

The authorities published photos of the tasty contraband spread across the hood of a police car, as if they had bagged a prize haul of illegal guns or drugs:

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2021/09/22/new-zealand-lockdown-police-arrest-kentucky-fried-chicken-smugglers/

Roughly $70,000 in cash was also confiscated from the chicken runners, who were described by police officials as “gang associates,” age 23 and 30. They were charged with attempting to breach the Level 4 coronavirus lockdown of Auckland and for attempting to flee from the authorities. The smugglers could face up to six months in prison and fines of up to $4,000.

• Haha 8

Saw this on the news this morning.  The fact that gangs of the underworld are getting involved should tell them something about their extreme lockdown policies being a bit too much.  At the height of the lockdown here you could still get restaurant food delivered. 

• Like 2

It's going to be interesting to observe when the Kiwis realize that long after the "deadly plague" that kills fewer than 2 of 100 who contract it is gone, their freedoms are also...  

Governments do not give up power.  That lesson is as old as governments themselves.  On the bright side, at least when the CCP takes official control there, it won't be much of a shock to their sensibilities.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Saw this on the news this morning.  The fact that gangs of the underworld are getting involved should tell them something about their extreme lockdown policies being a bit too much.  At the height of the lockdown here you could still get restaurant food delivered. 

The chicken is a funny side story.

From the link

The men were arrested after allegedly trying to flee from police near the Auckland border. When their car was searched, police said they found a large quantity of KFC, as well as the cash and a number of empty ounce bags

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, and then said:

It's going to be interesting to observe when the Kiwis realize that long after the "deadly plague" that kills fewer than 2 of 100 who contract it is gone, their freedoms are also...  

Governments do not give up power.  That lesson is as old as governments themselves.  On the bright side, at least when the CCP takes official control there, it won't be much of a shock to their sensibilities.

How dare the New Zealand police arrest drug runners!!!!!

The drug runners freedoms are being eroded!!! What is the world coming too!!!

Maybe we should start a go fund me page to arm drug runners to fight police. Would you find that satisfactory? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

as well as the cash and a number of empty ounce bags

And?

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Since when is KFC drugs?

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

And?

Gang members are running drugs. Three buckets of KFC is a laugh by comparison. You lot don't see to understand humour. Too wrapped up in stupid politics and fear mongering. 

Just now, OverSword said:

Since when is KFC drugs?

Since when was it actually involved as any part of the charges? 

It's humour. Get some. 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Since when was it actually involved as any part of the charges? 

And since when were drugs?

They were charged with attempting to breach the Level 4 coronavirus lockdown of Auckland and for attempting to flee from the authorities.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And since when were drugs?

Did I say they were the reason for arrest? No, I don't believe I did. How about that. AT seems to think arresting people breaking the law is eroding freedoms. It's a freaking laugh. Seriously, what is wrong with you people? 

Did I say they were the reason for arrest?

24 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

stephencolbertquadfacepalm_4937.jpg

No.  No you did not say they arrested them for drugs.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

stephencolbertquadfacepalm_4937.jpg

No.  No you did not say they arrested them for drugs.  

No I said the were drug runners.

And they were arrested.

Both statements are true. You put them together in your head.

Don't blame me for the crap in your head, or ATs surgically removed sense of humour.

no-whatever.gif

• Haha 3

No I said the were drug runners.

And they were arrested.

Both statements are true. You put them together in your head.

Don't blame me for the crap in your head, or ATs surgically removed sense of humour.

no-whatever.gif

1002677-200.pngoser

Edited by OverSword

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

1002677-200.pngoser

Lol, you are such a jerk. I bet you get laughed at a lot. Probably why your such a ahole.

flipping-bird.gif

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Lol, you are such a jerk. I bet you get laughed at a lot. Probably why your such a ahole.

flipping-bird.gif

Nobody laughs at me more than I do.  Probably why I'm so F'n cool 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Nobody laughs at me more than I do.  Probably why I'm so F'n cool 

Lol in your head maybe old fart. Glory days......

I laugh at you more than you do. I'm sure of it. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Lol in your head maybe old fart. Glory days......

I laugh at you more than you do. I'm sure of it. 

Your Mum don't :D

• Haha 3