Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark mode?

Overdueleaf

UM team...

Is it possible via the platform used to have an option for a dark mode theme sometime in the near future?  Just curious as I have very sensitive eyes and even with blue light filter  on and brightness turned down, the overpowering white bakground an be very bothersome. If not no worries, just thought I would ask.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

UM team...

Is it possible via the platform used to have an option for a dark mode theme sometime in the near future?  Just curious as I have very sensitive eyes and even with blue light filter  on and brightness turned down, the overpowering white bakground an be very bothersome. If not no worries, just thought I would ask.

What are you using to browse online.?

11 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

@Manwon Lender slimjet for now

You know there are Dark Apps for almost any operating system be it a computer of a phone.

https://www.wired.com/story/set-up-dark-mode-ios-android-windows-macos-apps/

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

UM team...

Not imminently, however this is something that has been requested quite a bit so I'm hoping to include it in a future update.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you use chrome, there's an app that dark modes all sites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

If you use chrome, there's an app that dark modes all sites.

when you say app, I assume you mean for phones? 

I mostly use my computer for any type of interwebs usage

Just now, Overdueleaf said:

Nope. I downloaded chrome for my desktop all-in-one as an optional browser and there's an app or feature that dark modes everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Overdueleaf said:

You can download software for almost any operating system, that will also work with any browser you use. What operating system does your computer use?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Overdueleaf said:

@Hammerclaw thanks muchly, appreciate the info and will give it a go

Extension is the word we're looking for.

10 Best Dark Mode Extensions for Google Chrome in 2021 | Beebom

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 1:42 AM, Overdueleaf said:

Dark mode?

If you want Dark Mode, read some status updates by XenoFish. :tu:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, acute said:

If you want Dark Mode, read some status updates by XenoFish. :tu:

I know this is kinda funny because @XenoFish gets a bad rap for being dark and depressing at times.. But i see his updates as just being a snapshot of life, we all have those type moments we just do not all share them. He calls life as he sees it, nothing wrong with that. His honest and open approach is far more appreicated (by me) than those that pull on those rose colored glasses and "look how great I am" filters before posting their thoughts and experiences. 

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

I know this is kinda funny because @XenoFish gets a bad rap for being dark and depressing at times.. But i see his updates as just being a snapshot of life, we all have those type moments we just do not all share them. He calls life as he sees it, nothing wrong with that. His honest and open approach is far more appreicated (by me) than those that pull on those rose colored glasses and "look how great I am" filters before posting their thoughts and experiences. 

I appreciate the positive compliment, thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overdueleaf said:

i see his updates as just being a snapshot of life,

But, why do we only get the lowlights?

• Haha 1

@acute  i would argue against the word "only" ...and perhaps... that it is not all about what he posts but also in how the one reading the post percieves it. 

We all know the saying "try walking a mile in someone elses shoes"...or "try to see it through someone elses eyes"... try as we might it is near impossible, sure we could come close.. but in the end we always (and i would argue) CAN only look at them through our own personal filters and often read/interpret that which may not be.

While i would like to think by now, we would all know that everyone on this planet has different experiences.. and sometimes one pulls the short stick far more often than one should. But I will add this anyways

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 1

I always walk a mile in another's shoes before judging them.

That way, when I judge them... I'm a mile away and I have their shoes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

I just downloaded "Dark Reader" for Firefox.

Link

I did after you posted about it, and it works great for the old eyes.

But I have disabled it after I noticed that some webpages load slower than normal.

Nevertheless, I will keep using it late in the evening and at night, so, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded NightEye from RAZORdeveloper and it's FABULOUS!