Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman says she was assaulted by a deviant spirit

Eldorado

A mum who says she was haunted for two terrifying years by a deviant spirit that sexually assaulted her in broad daylight told how bringing a new baby into the house filled it with joy and banished the dark presence.

When full-time mum-of-six Charlene Smith, 36, was first roused from sleep by someone touching her intimate areas in October 2015, she thought it was her then partner being frisky.

But she says she came to the realisation that her own inner torment, resulting from a recent tragic loss, had accidentally caused the sexually inappropriate spectre to enter her home in Harlow, Essex.

Full story at Cornwall Live: Link

And the UK Mail: Link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Those UK rags have a formula style for these types of articles. Doesn't mean they don't sprout from kernels of facts too.

Papameter Reading

Paranormal 55%    Imagination  25%   Hoax  20%

• Like 2

Why is this woman being insulted for her looks? For one thing, she's not unattractive and if some kind of entity was indeed assaulting her, they could do worse. Who knows what was going on in her life at the time when those 'attacks' supposedly occurred. Clearly there was some kind of emotional trauma, she admitted as much, but I suspect there was more than that going on. I don't for a moment believe her experience was paranormal in nature, but feel sorry for her, because whatever was happening must have been extraordinarily traumatic. She seems to be past it now, and hopefully she stays that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 3:33 PM, papageorge1 said:

Those UK rags have a formula style for these types of articles. Doesn't mean they don't sprout from kernels of facts too.

Papameter Reading

Paranormal 55%    Imagination  25%   Hoax  20%

How do you do the math on your readings?

3 minutes ago, scottygod said:

Twenty bucks for the first five minutes and a buck fifty every minute after that... No refunds 

~

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It was giving birth to her sixth child, Chardonnay, now three, in April 2018 at just 34 weeks pregnant, that banished the spirit for good.

Nice name. Curious about the previous five…

13 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Curious about the previous five…

Burgundy, Bordeaux, Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Noir...

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

Burgundy, Bordeaux, Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Noir...

~

I guess Fruity Lexia didn’t make the cut then.

What a shame!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Timothy said:

I guess Fruity Lexia didn’t make the cut then.

What a shame!

Deviant spirits play for keeps... 

~

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scottygod said:

Do members usually engage in ad hominem attacks? This woman has almost certainly suffered some real trauma.

Yeah, she's in need of attention. How traumatic.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, scottygod said:

It's all taking everything I know about the case and the subject in general and trying to be honest with logic and myself. It's an educated estimate.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 2:37 PM, Eldorado said:

A mum who says she was haunted for two terrifying years by a deviant spirit that sexually assaulted her in broad daylight told how bringing a new baby into the house filled it with joy and banished the dark presence.

When full-time mum-of-six Charlene Smith, 36, was first roused from sleep by someone touching her intimate areas in October 2015, she thought it was her then partner being frisky.

But she says she came to the realisation that her own inner torment, resulting from a recent tragic loss, had accidentally caused the sexually inappropriate spectre to enter her home in Harlow, Essex.

Full story at Cornwall Live: Link

And the UK Mail: Link

This actually happened to me once when i was really young. i never forgot about it because it freaked me out and i always wondered wtf it was but never told anyone. I felt like i was being touched in my sleep and when i woke up i thought it must have been a dream but it continued even though i was awake and nobody was there. It was really really creepy.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

This actually happened to me once when i was really young. i never forgot about it because it freaked me out and i always wondered wtf it was but never told anyone. I felt like i was being touched in my sleep and when i woke up i thought it must have been a dream but it continued even though i was awake and nobody was there. It was really really creepy.

That sounds awful. I hope you’re ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

- post removed -

That may be your honest opinion. But there is so much context lacking that no claim can be reasonably made. Is there any reason to think the explanation is paranormal? No. It’s never been demonstrated to exist. You’ve created a straw man here since she never once used the word “ghost”. I’m a non-believer but I try to engage in good faith. Be a shining example of skepticism and reason by being a decent person when interacting with people who don’t share your perspective.

1 minute ago, scottygod said:

That may be your honest opinion. But there is so much context lacking that no claim can be reasonably made. Is there any reason to think the explanation is paranormal? No. It’s never been demonstrated to exist. You’ve created a straw man here since she never once used the word “ghost”. I’m a non-believer but I try to engage in good faith. Be a shining example of skepticism and reason by being a decent person when interacting with people who don’t share your perspective.

You'll find that "good faith" is false hope. I don't have to be a decent person. I'm just stating my opinion and if people don't like it, oh well. You're not my boss.

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

I`ve had about 5 occasions when something got up off the end of the bed like it had been sat there watching me sleep.

I`ve been sat on my pc before and got poked in the back despite being home alone.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You'll find that "good faith" is false hope. I don't have to be a decent person. I'm just stating my opinion and if people don't like it, oh well. You're not my boss.

You’re choosing to be divisive. There’s a way to have an honest, differing opinion and be a part of the solution. I hope you choose that. I hope everyone chooses that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You’re choosing to be divisive. There’s a way to have an honest, differing opinion and be a part of the solution. I hope you choose that. I hope everyone chooses that.

No. I'm going voice my opinion the way I've done for years. 

Who made you a mediator anyway? Do you honestly think you have any power to change me? So that I conform to your wishes.

Edited by XenoFish

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

No. I'm going voice my opinion the way I've done for years. 

Then you’re choosing to be part of the problem. Enhance the discourse, not poison it.

Then you’re choosing to be part of the problem. Enhance the discourse, not poison it.

I like being a part of the problem. You can squeeze more honesty out of people that way. Finds the cracks in their stories and on the rare occasion show them something they don't want to see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I like being a part of the problem. You can squeeze more honesty out of people that way. Finds the cracks in their stories and on the rare occasion show them something they don't want to see. 

Clearly.

• Like 1

I joined the forum in hopes of finding a place where positive, robust discussion would be welcome. I’m still hopeful that’s the case. But, alas, it’s still the internet…

• Like 1