Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fluoride will be added to UK drinking water

Eldorado

Fluoride is expected to be added to drinking water across the country after Britain’s chief medical officers concluded that the mineral would cut tooth decay.

Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, and his counterparts in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland cited estimates by Public Health England that adding more fluoride to water supplies would reduce cavities by 17% among the richest children and 28% among the poorest.

They also dismissed safety concerns saying there is no evidence that ionised form of the element fluorine causes cancer and condemned “exaggerated and unevidenced” suggestions about health risks.

Guardian report

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

It was introduced in my area while at school in about the late 1960's. I remember the taste did change and I stopped drinking water with my lunch at school.

Over time I have developed dental fluorosis, which is a mottling on the teeth in the form of white lines or patches.  

• Sad 2

Birmingham water has had fluoride added for my whole life, I believe.

I like the taste of our water, but it looks everso slightly green, probably because of the Welsh people maliciously peeing (and worse) in the reservoirs. :rolleyes:

Edited by acute
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, acute said:

Birmingham water has had fluoride added for my whole life, I believe.

I like the taste of our water, but it looks everso slightly green, probably because of the Welsh people maliciously peeing (and worse) in the reservoirs. :rolleyes:

It is the chlorine I find most annoying, although not usually an issue the amount used must vary occasionally and can be easily tasted from the tap, or when running a bath when the smell is obvious. 

I fitted a water filter to the kitchen tap and it eliminates any chlorine taste.

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Like 2

I dont understand why this is being done. Well actually I do, its communism.

Lets have a national campaign encouraging those who are at risk of cavities developing to maybe once per mouth swallow their toothpaste. Dont force that toxic garbage onto the rest of us.

I only drink bottled water, but if this happens I will have to start pouring that into the kettle.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Lets have a national campaign encouraging those who are at risk of cavities developing to maybe once per mouth swallow their toothpaste. Dont force that toxic garbage onto the rest of us.

I only drink bottled water, but if this happens I will have to start pouring that into the kettle.

You think communists can't poison your bottled water? 

It's even easier to target specific population with bottled water, because they can warn the members of Communist International to avoid the brand that's being p***ed in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's even easier to target specific population with bottled water, because they can warn the members of Communist International to avoid the brand that's being p***ed in. 

Well maybe the cheap commie brands.

Buy decent capitalist brands! Or do as my grandad did, and collect rainwater in barrels in the garden.

Edited by Cookie Monster

48 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Well maybe the cheap commie brands.

Buy decent capitalist brands! Or do as my grandad did, and collect rainwater in barrels in the garden.

How naive are you? They're evil, not stupid, of course they'll infiltrate the luxurious brands first. 

Rainwater?! Chemtrails condensed! Even if there were no chemtrails, rain is still too polluted to be used as drinking water. Only rainwater in which frogs can survive is safe, so you must let frogs in your drinking rainwater supply, which means you'll drink water in which frogs bathed, took dumps and mated. 

But that's small price to pay in your personal battle against communists who want to fix your teeth. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It doesn't take very long for conversations to get weird on UM does it? :unsure2:

I have to say though, if Russians are p***ing in my Evian, it adds a little flavour! :w00t:

Edited by LV-426
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Communist Canada has been fluoridating its water since the 1940s. That's why we all have such great smiles. :)

Whilst the benefits of fluoridated water have been well studied and documented, it can also pose health risks to some. That is why it has to be extremely well regulated and monitored. And although the debate as to its safety is far from over, it is important to note that many studies claiming adverse health effects report on areas where there are high levels of fluoride occurring naturally in the water supply.

Fluoridation does not affect the taste or smell of drinking water by the way.

• Like 1

They want to reduce cavities? How about banning sugar? Then diabetes can be avoided at the same time :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

It doesn't take very long for conversations to get weird on UM does it? :unsure2:

I have to say though, if Russians are p***ing in my Evian, it adds a little flavour! :w00t:

Yes, Russians p***ing in Evian is what makes it so addictive, since it makes it 17% alcohol. 

Seriously now, Russia is not communist. Never was, by the way, but the important thing is that Russia is definitely not communist today. 

Neither is fluoridated water, use of which might be debated, as Kittens nicely explained, but it's not a sign of communism. It's so bizarre to see communists in fluoridated water (especially since it's an American thing) it inspired me for some morbid humour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

They want to reduce cavities? How about banning sugar? Then diabetes can be avoided at the same time :)

Now, that's fascism. 

And diabetes type I can't be prevented with ascetic food. While type II can be controlled without completely banning food worth eating. (Not that I personally like sweets, but after someone bans sugar they'll come for my bacon next. Solidarity is the matter of common sense.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

What does trying to keep people from getting tooth decay have to do with an economic system?

14 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I wouldn't advocate a total ban, but sugar (and sweeteners) are so toxic, they should, at the very least, be regulated.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

And diabetes type I can't be prevented with ascetic food. While type II can be controlled without completely banning food worth eating. (Not that I personally like sweets, but after someone bans sugar they'll come for my bacon next. Solidarity is the matter of common sense.)

It's always good to see that distinction made. It annoys the hell out of me when news stories lump Type I and Type II into generic "diabetes."

I've been Type I since a child, and it was nothing to do with diet. In fact there is currently no known cause, whereas Type II has known risk factors such as weight and ethnicity.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Stop being silly and check your water.

I think they do something to yours :D

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I think they do something to yours :D

Nah, I'm like this naturally. 

Easily annoyed with idiotic, ignorant blathering. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Nah, I'm like this naturally. 

Easily annoyed with idiotic, ignorant blathering. 

You remind me of a stereotypical Eastern European woman.

One that is quite feisty, has a lot of put downs, has been trained by the elder females of her village in how to emasculate men lol

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You remind me of a stereotypical Eastern European woman.

One that is quite feisty, has a lot of put downs, has been trained by the elder females of her village in how to emasculate men lol

So what would you conclude about yourself, regarding your need to keep coming back for more? 

Or you live in hope one day you'll grow a brain that can come close to a stereotypical EE woman's?  

• Haha 3

The arguement I remember is that the fluoride used in drinking water was an industrial waste product. It's as if putting it in the drinking water was the most efficient way to get rid of it. This article says something about fluoride needing to be combined with calcium to be effective. The second one is defending fluoride use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3690253/

https://americanfluoridationsociety.org/debunking-anti-claims/myths/fluoride-is-fluoride/

Edited by Green Lion
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

they'll come for my bacon next.

Evil fascist b*****ds!

:angry:

Edited by acute
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

My GP checks my water regularly, and tells me to stop drinking, buying pizzas, and lying on the sofa eating Chips & Curry Sauce.

:(

• Haha 3

On 9/24/2021 at 5:09 PM, Cookie Monster said:

On 9/24/2021 at 7:50 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, Russians p***ing in Evian is what makes it so addictive, since it makes it 17% alcohol. 

Seriously now, Russia is not communist. Never was, by the way, but the important thing is that Russia is definitely not communist today. 

Neither is fluoridated water, use of which might be debated, as Kittens nicely explained, but it's not a sign of communism. It's so bizarre to see communists in fluoridated water (especially since it's an American thing) it inspired me for some morbid humour. 

Helen, that made me laugh!

On a serious note, not many people know this, but that perfume bottle left in Salisbury? It didn't contain Novichok- in fact Novichok was never used- it was Fluoride! The Russians are using Flouride as a nerve agent.

The UK government covered it up so as not to cause a toothpaste panic.

You heard it first on UM, folks.

• Haha 1

On a further note, if I am going to be drinking water laced with urine, it might be better to source it from Glastonbury! :w00t:

Glastonbury Festival: Traces of drugs found in river at site

"Scientists have warned there are "dangerous" levels of MDMA and cocaine in the Whitelake River in Somerset.

They suspect public urination has caused the increase and urged festival goers to use the toilets provided."

• Haha 2