Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Rats ‘the size of cats’ reportedly invading English homes

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

Large rats “the size of cats” have reportedly been invading homes in England by climbing up through toilets.

ACE Pest Control boss Andrew Dellbridge told Norwich Evening News that rats are getting “bigger and braver” since lockdown.

"I was called out to one job in Norwich and the customer could barely speak, she was in so much shock,” he said.

"She’d been using the bathroom and heard a noise. She looked down and it was in the toilet bowl. And this is happening more and more frequently."

Indy 100 report at MSN

Norwich Evening News

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
jethrofloyd

Yuck!

8 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

.. by climbing up through toilets.

Yuck!  :hmm:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LV-426

In the bathroom, no one can hear you scream. :o

 

rat3.jpg

 

Joking aside, I looked up some real images of these giant rats, and... oh boy... put it this way... if you found one staring up at you from the toilet, you wouldn't need any laxatives to assist with your bodily functions! :no:

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Chicago Releases 1,000 Feral Cats To Fight Rat Problem

An animal shelter has been releasing feral cats onto the streets of Chicago to help combat the city’s rat problem. Chicago has been named the “rat capital” of the US for the past six years by pest control specialists Orkin. In order to tackle the problem, the animal shelter launched the ‘Cats at Work’ program. The program has released 1,000 cats onto the streets of the Windy City since 2012.

MSN

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
12 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Chicago Releases 1,000 Feral Cats To Fight Rat Problem

An animal shelter has been releasing feral cats onto the streets of Chicago to help combat the city’s rat problem. Chicago has been named the “rat capital” of the US for the past six years by pest control specialists Orkin. In order to tackle the problem, the animal shelter launched the ‘Cats at Work’ program. The program has released 1,000 cats onto the streets of the Windy City since 2012.

MSN

I freaked for a second thinking they were literally set loose on the streets where they would be exposed to all kinds of dangers, but the article states that they are placed in residential and commercial settings under the care of a professional caregiver.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
21 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I freaked for a second thinking they were literally set loose on the streets where they would be exposed to all kinds of dangers, but the article states that they are placed in residential and commercial settings under the care of a professional caregiver.

Feral cats who have professional caregivers?

My city has a catch, fix and release policy. There are so many feral cats tearing up people's duct work under their houses. They dig up gardens and kill the songbirds people feed. They jump on cars and patio furniture scratching them up. We are hearing more and more about people shooting them, if not with real guns pellet guns. A lot of people don't put collars on their cats so they are mistaken as feral. I keep them out of our yard with a super shooter water gun after thousands of dollars in damage. I like my birds, rabbits and chipmunks.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diddyman68
38 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I freaked for a second thinking they were literally set loose on the streets where they would be exposed to all kinds of dangers, but the article states that they are placed in residential and commercial settings under the care of a professional caregiver.

Would it not make more sense to use rat catcher dogs ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Feral cats who have professional caregivers?

My city has a catch, fix and release policy. There are so many feral cats tearing up people's duct work under their houses. They dig up gardens and kill the songbirds people feed. They jump on cars and patio furniture scratching them up. We are hearing more and more about people shooting them, if not with real guns pellet guns. A lot of people don't put collars on their cats so they are mistaken as feral. I keep them out of our yard with a super shooter water gun after thousands of dollars in damage. I like my birds, rabbits and chipmunks.

The article is brief with few details, and although on reading it I thought the cats might be confined to an area and monitored, I don't see how that is possible. I realise they're little murderers, but I worry about them as much as I do birds, rabbits and other critters. Surely they can come up with another, better, solution.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
4 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Would it not make more sense to use rat catcher dogs ?

It might, but I don't see the merits of letting hundreds of dogs loose (or even cats for that matter) for the sole purpose of catching (or scaring off) rats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

DAMN YOU BREXIT! ;)

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diddyman68
12 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It might, but I don't see the merits of letting hundreds of dogs loose (or even cats for that matter) for the sole purpose of catching (or scaring off) rats.

You would bring the dogs in with the owners ,let them do their job ,set up traps for any survivors ,then move to the next area.

Video,not for the squeemish.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
4 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

You would bring the dogs in with the owners ,let them do their job ,set up traps for any survivors ,then move to the next area.

Ugh! I don't know that I would want any pet of mine putting a rat in its mouth. Rats carry diseases that can easily be transmitted to cats and dogs. Not that I have anything to worry about. The only time my cat would bite into a rat is if it was first sprayed with a scent of lobster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
diddyman68
4 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Ugh! I don't know that I would want any pet of mine putting a rat in its mouth. Rats carry diseases that can easily be transmitted to cats and dogs. Not that I have anything to worry about. The only time my cat would bite into a rat is if it was first sprayed with a scent of lobster.

Same with my dog, she'd run a mile if she saw a rat :yes:

Thats why you send in trained rat catcher dogs,and for smaller nooks and crannies send in ferrets and mink.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.