Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

William Shatner is going to space, aged 90

UM-Bot

This man is just amazing, he has such a passion for the unknown etc, he really brings shows that he presents to life, you can tell he is really into it all.

I expected nothing less of him wanting to go to space

• Like 4

William Shatner is extremely strong/healthy for his age.

He is also positive and full of humor. :D

We should definitely send him to space. :lol: 

@ShesAgate

My husband was asking me questions so you beat me to it! :lol:

• Like 3

Hell yeah

To boldly go where no 90s old man has gone before.

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 3

If Billy quips a "Beam me down Scotty" while in orbit , that'll be perfect... 

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good for him!!! Loved all his shows!

He deserves a ride to space.

• Like 2

Red alert !    Shields up !   Battle stations !  Fire main phasers !!        . .Damage report Scotty !

• Like 5

Engage  .     .             .                 .                         .                                       .

• Like 3

Good ol ' boys Legend ...

[00.01:59]

~

No further questions... 

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

@third_eye i actually watched this episode a few days ago.. makes me laugh everytime

William's finest work on TV for me actually, so were the rest of the cast... 

~

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lightly said:

Red alert !    Shields up !   Battle stations !  Fire main phasers !!        . .Damage report Scotty !

Fire fruitton torpedos

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So people are arguing about Captain Kirk visiting Scotty's ashes in space. Here I am just wishing the old guy a safe trip. 

No one here is arguing about whether Shatner should go into space (edge of space to be more precise, so nowhere near Scotty's ashes), and no one wants to see him crash and burn during his 15 minute joyride.

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So people are arguing about Captain Kirk visiting Scotty's ashes in space. Here I am just wishing the old guy a safe trip. 

I hope he has a fun trip too.  For some reason, well, his age being 90..my first thought was I hope his heart holds up!    I can almost hear Dr. McCoy saying.  . Dammit Jim ! I'm a doctor...Not a magician !*

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lightly said:

I hope he has a fun trip too.  For some reason, well, his age being 90..my first thought was I hope his heart holds up!    I can almost hear Dr. McCoy saying.  . Dammit Jim ! I'm a doctor...Not a magician !*

Interestingly, when Branson offered Shatner a spot on one of his suborbital flights a few years ago, Shatner refused saying he was afraid of a fiery crash and of vomiting in space. Clearly it's one thing being a fictional space explorer, another being out there for real.

• Haha 1

What a legend. It was such a pleasure to meet you, look forward to the doco. You are a aur inspiring man, I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Edited by bigjonalien
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

I'll be watching if he goes. He was an inspiration on space travel.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:32 PM, third_eye said:

William's finest work on TV for me actually, so were the rest of the cast... 

~

I remember watching this in real time in 1968, it was the kiss that shocked the Nation. I thought Then and I truly believe now that it helped change the way Americas young looked at Race. I mean it was the beginning of the cultural Revolution and I can honestly say I thought its was really cool. and one of the most memorable Star Trek Episodes ever.:yes:

A 1968 episode of Star Trek, "Plato's Stepchildren", which first aired on November 22, 1968, is often referred to as the first interracial kiss on American television.

984E39B4-7F7E-4E07-A928-B2CF34A0D7FE-8322-00000636230C5BC8.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

A 1968 episode of Star Trek, "Plato's Stepchildren", which first aired on November 22, 1968, is often referred to as the first interracial kiss on American television

First "public" viewing... 

Jefferson and his pals were kissing them coco butter puffs up and down his plantation... And more... Much, much more... 

~

• Haha 2