Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Covid Cases reaching Peak?

Scholar4Truth

New cases have been gradually dropping nationwide, although experts caution that new infections are still at a high rate and further decline will be slow. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/has-spread-covid-19-peaked-u-s-what-future-covid-n1279904

• Thanks 1

New cases of covid-19 have been dropping fairly quickly in my county, over the last two weeks. Weekly averages for the past three weeks: 169, 111, and 48. This probably has something to do with a vaccination rate of 76 percent among those eligible to receive it. Most cases here are of the delta variant. 

• Like 1

It looks like  global rates are in fairly sharp decline too.  

I sort of wonder if we are reaching herd immunity?  Since most cases are Asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic..I'm thinking there may have already been farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more cases than reported/known  ???

• Like 1

Yes, unreported  covid -19 cases have probably always outnumbered those reported. That's very likely even more so, post-vaccine.

There's been some discussion of how large a percentage of the population would need to be vaccinated to provide 'herd-immunity'. 70 to 75 percent was the original figure, but now, with the delta variant, they're second-guessing.  Since most areas haven't reached even that level of vaccination, this may be premature.  

If the decline in new cases continues in my area, they may decide that the original figure was correct, at least under the circumstances that exist here.  

There doesn't seem like much of a decline here and now we are getting military assistance to transport people in need of ICU treatment.

I got my Covid passport this week and that thing works like a vip  membership.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/alberta-s-overwhelmed-icus-near-capacity-military-support-being-deployed-1.5598845

CALGARY - 

The Canadian Armed Forces has confirmed that it will be sending resources to help with Alberta's overwhelmed intensive care units facing unprecedented patient numbers during the fourth wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Aircraft and crews are being assembled to transfer ICU patients to hospitals in other parts of the country. The team is expected to be deployed to Alberta as early as Friday.

Details of the aeromedical transportation co-ordination are currently being developed.

The 7-day average of new daily COVID-19 cases is 118,015, with 1,996 deaths, according to the Washington Post tracker. In the past week, new daily cases fell 20%, deaths fell 0.8%, and hospitalizations fell 8.9%. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/09/us-covid-19-cases-drop-first-time-3-months

• 2 weeks later...