Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

Closest known relatives of virus behind COVID-19 found in Laos

Recommended Posts

Manwon Lender

Closest known relatives of virus behind COVID-19 found in Laos

Studies of bats in China and Laos show southeast Asia is a hotspot for potentially dangerous viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2. Scientists have found three viruses in bats in Laos that are more similar to SARS-CoV-2 than any known viruses. Researchers say that parts of their genetic code bolster claims that the virus behind COVID-19 has a natural origin — but their discovery also raises fears that there are numerous coronaviruses with the potential to infect peoplehttps://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02596-2

Did the coronavirus jump from animals to people twice?

A preliminary analysis of viral genomes suggests the COVID-19 pandemic might have multiple animal origins — but the findings still have to be peer reviewed. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, could have spilled from animals to people multiple times, according to a preliminary analysis of viral genomes sampled from people infected in China and elsewhere early in the pandemic. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02519-1

 

 

 

  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The_Phantom_Stranger

Maybe the problem isn't bats that have had the virus the whole time. Maybe it is a food trade that is full of poachers. Why isn't this illegal to China? Maybe the problem is keeping virulant animals together in a situation like this, not once in 2019 but twice in 2002-2003. Maybe people shouldn't be eating dogs and pangolins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
13 minutes ago, Green Lion said:

Maybe the problem isn't bats that have had the virus the whole time. Maybe it is a food trade that is full of poachers. Why isn't this illegal to China? Maybe the problem is keeping virulant animals together in a situation like this, not once in 2019 but twice in 2002-2003. Maybe people shouldn't be eating dogs and pangolins.

Or maybe the Wuhan Lab that was doing gain of function studies was the problem.  Only suckers ignore that possibility, IMO.  But, we've become so tribally minded these days that absolute, irrefutable proof, even an admission by a CCP spokesperson wouldn't be enough to convince millions they were wrong.  THAT is the virus that's the most dangerous to humanity.  It opens us up to the use of a far worse contagion since we've allowed this one to be kept quiet.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
17 minutes ago, and then said:

Or maybe the Wuhan Lab that was doing gain of function studies was the problem.  Only suckers ignore that possibility, IMO.  But, we've become so tribally minded these days that absolute, irrefutable proof, even an admission by a CCP spokesperson wouldn't be enough to convince millions they were wrong.  THAT is the virus that's the most dangerous to humanity.  It opens us up to the use of a far worse contagion since we've allowed this one to be kept quiet.  

It shows that SARS-CoV-2 was present in nature before the outbreak.
It does not exclude a lab leak, but it makes it much less likely. In fact so much less likely, that it is becoming a conspiracy theory.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freez1

COVID-19 was not transmitted to humans by nature. It was developed in a lab by mankind. This was a gift from China to the world. It may have leaked from a lab but it was designed for a biological weapon I don’t care what anyone says. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
33 minutes ago, Green Lion said:

Maybe the problem isn't bats that have had the virus the whole time. Maybe it is a food trade that is full of poachers. Why isn't this illegal to China? Maybe the problem is keeping virulant animals together in a situation like this, not once in 2019 but twice in 2002-2003. Maybe people shouldn't be eating dogs and pangolins.

I Don't know which country your from but in the Southern United States, Snakes, Armodillo, Possums, Raccoon, and large number of other critters are eaten on regular basis. If you would have read the references that I sourced above not a single animal including Poangolins and dogs found in any Chinese Market has Been Found infected with SARS-Cov-2. Even the Bats from Laos when captured and tested in their natural habitat. So actually the Markets you speak of are a bennifit to Scientists and researchers because they bring in new species that can be tested.

The real problem that you have missed in ever post you have made is the fact that the intermediate disease vector ( Infected animal between Bats and Humans has not yet been identified and that goes for the outbreak in 2002 and 2019. ) However researchers know for certain that there is a another mammal that is out there that was infected by Bats because of the Genetic variations in the Viruses Genome Sequence. However to date this Mammal has not been identified yet and that's why right now Worldwide researchers are trekking into Biodiversity areas all over Eastern Asia trying to find the animal responsible and again to date this unidentified Mammal has not been discovered in any Market anywhere in any Asian country. 

Hope this helps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_Phantom_Stranger
11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I Don't know which country your from but in the Southern United States, Snakes, Armodillo, Possums, Raccoon, and large number of other critters are eaten on regular basis. If you would have read the references that I sourced above not a single animal including Poangolins and dogs found in any Chinese Market has Been Found infected with SARS-Cov-2. Even the Bats from Laos when captured and tested in their natural habitat. So actually the Markets you speak of are a bennifit to Scientists and researchers because they bring in new species that can be tested.

The real problem that you have missed in ever post you have made is the fact that the intermediate disease vector ( Infected animal between Bats and Humans has not yet been identified and that goes for the outbreak in 2002 and 2019. ) However researchers know for certain that there is a another mammal that is out there that was infected by Bats because of the Genetic variations in the Viruses Genome Sequence. However to date this Mammal has not been identified yet and that's why right now Worldwide researchers are trekking into Biodiversity areas all over Eastern Asia trying to find the animal responsible and again to date this unidentified Mammal has not been discovered in any Market anywhere in any Asian country. 

Hope this helps. 

Well, you're not supposed to eat those things, and hopefully there isn't a market for them. In the article it says that only carcasses of animals were tested negative, and mysteriously live raccoon-dogs and civets were not tested even though they are the most susceptible to SARS-COV. Why would they not test these animals? There are other discrepancies of pieces mysteriously missing like in the 2002-2003 cases. It's as if the article wants you to understand that data should be there but it isn't.

The animals are all potential carriers, and some are high risk. It is absurd to think none were affected and spreading it back and forth increasing viral potency. If it is natural, the problem shouldn't be the bat, it should be that the virus has a happy medium to travel around.

Edited by Green Lion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
21 minutes ago, zep73 said:

It shows that SARS-CoV-2 was present in nature before the outbreak.
It does not exclude a lab leak, but it makes it much less likely. In fact so much less likely, that it is becoming a conspiracy theory.

Hey my friend I posted this Medical Peer Review .Scientific Paper Yesterday in a different thread, it basicly blows the entire laboratory leak theory away and it turns those clinging to it and continuing to push that theory Conspiracy Theorist or those who will follow the preconceived notions of unqualified individuals making that claim. Which is vey sad because it means that many people have stopped doing research and that they have stopped thinking for themselves. 

Here is the link to the article dated 16 September 2021, oh and by the way after you click the link it will take you to the site. When you arrive you are still required to click on PDF to download the Full Article.

Take Care my friend!:tu:

https://pdf.sciencedirectassets.com/

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
6 minutes ago, Green Lion said:

Well, you're not supposed to eat those things, and hopefully there isn't a market for them. In the article it says that only carcasses of animals were tested negative, and mysteriously live raccoon-dogs and civets were not tested even though they are the most susceptible to SARS-COV. Why would they not test these animals? There are other discrepancies of pieces mysteriously missing like in the 2002-2003 cases. It's as if the article wants you to understand that data should be there but it isn't.

The animals are all potential carriers, and some are high risk. It is absurd to think none were affected and spreading it back and forth increasing viral potency. If it is natural, the problem shouldn't be the bat, it should be that the virus has a happy medium to travel around.

There are two additional articles, in this thread you should read and may Please suggest that you reread the other article fully because you are missing some important information that is written there.

Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
29 minutes ago, Freez1 said:

COVID-19 was not transmitted to humans by nature. It was developed in a lab by mankind. This was a gift from China to the world. It may have leaked from a lab but it was designed for a biological weapon I don’t care what anyone says. 

I will say this you have every right to your opinion, but I would add you have no knowledge of Biological Warfare and what Biological Weapons are designed to, how they are employed, or the precautions that are taken before a Biological Weapon is used and that is very obvious by your comments my friend. 

Thanks for your comments.

JIMO

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, Freez1 said:

COVID-19 was not transmitted to humans by nature. It was developed in a lab by mankind. This was a gift from China to the world. It may have leaked from a lab but it was designed for a biological weapon I don’t care what anyone says. 

I agree and despite whatever water-carrying a few here do for the CCP, the evidence disputes them.  Additionally, even if the damned thing WAS a natural zoonotic jump, it was localized to the same region and city the damned LAB IS IN.  They knew they had a novel coronavirus and they locked Hubei down from the rest of China but continued outbound international flights without even slowing the rate.  Natural or manmade, they used it as a bioweapon and frankly, the whole world should shut down trade with them or at least formulate a VERY CLEAR policy for the future where the CCP/PLA know that the next one will be answered with WMDs of OUR choosing.

In case anyone hadn't seen this yet.  I don't DO late night comedy shows but Jon Stewart NAILS IT!

Begins at 3:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSfejgwbDQ8

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru
4 hours ago, and then said:

Natural or manmade, they used it as a bioweapon and frankly, the whole world should shut down trade with them or at least formulate a VERY CLEAR policy for the future where the CCP/PLA know that the next one will be answered with WMDs of OUR choosing.

So if another virus like Covid originates in China, you want to start a nuclear war ?

Think about what you are saying here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Kittens Are Jerks
11 hours ago, and then said:

Or maybe the Wuhan Lab that was doing gain of function studies was the problem.  Only suckers ignore that possibility, IMO.  But, we've become so tribally minded these days that absolute, irrefutable proof, even an admission by a CCP spokesperson wouldn't be enough to convince millions they were wrong.  THAT is the virus that's the most dangerous to humanity.  It opens us up to the use of a far worse contagion since we've allowed this one to be kept quiet.  

Maybe they were indeed doing gain of function research, and maybe they were doing for benign reasons such as the development of medical countermeasures. We don't know. But if they were, instead, studying the potential efficacy of the SARS-CoV-2 virus as a biological weapon, as you imply, their scientists would have known up front that this particular virus in no way meets all the criteria necessary to make it a biological weapon of choice.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

The greater concern for now is the CDC the world over will just keep silent about new pathogens detected just to avoid being dragged into the geopolitical pot of stink... 

Quote
5 Mar 2020 — Few health institutions around the world are as renowned as the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Which makes it all the more ...
 
6 Nov 2020 — An unreleased CDC review obtained by NPR shows that lab officials knew an early coronavirus test kit had a high failure rate.
 
16 Sep 2020 — The CDC should have protected America from coronavirus, but it misled locals as COVID-19 deaths rose. Even supporters call its testing plans ...
 
22 Jan 2021 — (Reuters) - In early February, 57 people arrived at a Nebraska military base, among the first Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China, ...
 
26 Dec 2020 — Thai scientists deployed a coronavirus test within hours. The CDC took 46 days to roll out a working test as the virus spread.
 
3 Jun 2020 — The coronavirus shook the world's premier health agency, creating a loss of confidence and hampering the U.S. response to the crisis.

~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
8 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Maybe they were indeed doing gain of function research, and maybe they were doing for benign reasons such as the development of medical countermeasures. We don't know. But if they were, instead, studying the potential efficacy of the SARS-CoV-2 virus as a biological weapon, as you imply, their scientists would have known up front that this particular virus in no way meets all the criteria necessary to make it a biological weapon of choice.

 

Hey Kittens thanks very much for your comments here and you are certainly correct SARS-Cov-2 certainly doesn't meet any criteria that would make this a Biological Weapon of even last choice. First of all the use of a Biological Weapon is a terrorist act, and if you planned to release a Virus as a Biological Weapon with the intention of creating a Pandemic the Nation doing so would use the following criteria:

 1. The Weapons release would occur at a location where the Virus could be seen as a naturally occurring event. One thing they would not do is release the Virus in their own country in a city where they also happen to have a Level 4 Biological Research Facility.

2. Before the release would occur they would insure that they had an Anti-Viral resolution to stop the Virus from infecting and killing their own population. 

3. If their intention was like some people claim to destroy the worlds economy, it would serve no purpose because any country whose economy was not effected would be identified as the progenitor or the originator of the Biological Weapon. Because of this they would face a form of retaliation from the entire world ( Nuclear Strike ) that they would not be able to defend against makeing their efforts completely useless and totally mute. 

4. Biological Weapons are far too unpredictable on a scale where your intent is to create a global pandemic, because of the manner in which the Virus could mutate once released into the wild. Once it is released there is no guarantee that do to mutations it will not mutate beyond any Anti-Viral  protection they had created for themselves prior to the release. For instance, currently the Virus mutations are already beginning to find ways to disguise their attacks on human cells to defeat immune response.

But the biggest problem most do not understand about these mutations is their incorporation of previous mutations. For instance when a new mutation is discovered and the information is disseminated to the public sector, the media will say a new Virus varient has been discovered it's called the Delta-Varient. What they dont explain is the fact that the varient really isn't completely new, it's actually a combination of other Varients. What has occurred is that a group of different variants have started to infect a population Center, now when these variants meet and they don't destroy each other, the strongest variant will incorporate the weaker variant into itself.

So now you have a stronger variant that will continue the process of incorporating new existing variants it is exposed to into itself and it will continue to spread overwhelming other single forms of the Virus it encounters. Then a actually mutation occurs during the process of infecting cells in a human host and the combination of existing variants along with the mutation create a completely new super variant that is given a name such as the Delta Variant and the process of capturing other variants it meets begins again. Before the mutation occurred the combination of known variants didn't pose a major risk to defeating the immune response of the human body created by either natural or induced immune response that vaccinations or infection gives us.

But, when you combine a number of known variants and a mutation that occurs a new and stronger variant is created which has attributes to insure its survival by allowing it to become much more infectious and also by pass the bodies immune response. This is exactly what is occurring right now worldwide, and that is why we are experiencing the breakthrough infections of those who have already been vaccinated or previously infected which also creates antibodies against the previous versions of this Virus. Currently this process is occurring so quickly that medical science is unable to keep up with updated vaccines. This is why no country would intentionally try to create a worldwide Pandemic because once Pandoras Box is open there is no way to control the results that may occur. 

Since the WHO has dragged its feet on determining the actual origin of the Virus a worldwide consortium of Microbiologists, Epedemiologists and other Infectious Disease Specialist Doctors which represent more than 30 major hospitals worldwide and world Health organizations have banded together and combined all known research on SARS-Cov-2 to determine the origin of the Virus, what animals where vectors in the transmission process, and if the Virus was naturally occurring or the result of human manipulation. On 16 September 2021 they published these results of their investigation in a Acedemic Peer Reviewed Jounal that open acesss so that the Conspiracy Theories. Disinformation, Myths, and intentionally Political Weaponization of this Virus could be to rest.

The Jounal is listed in the link below, when you click on the link it will take you to the site. But, you must still click on the download link to view the completed copy of the entire Journal. The Journals title is below:

The origins of SARS-CoV-2: A critical review:

https://pdf.sciencedirectassets.com

I truely hope this helps everyone understand more about the causes of this Pandemic. The Information in the sourced link above is Non-Political and Non-Bias unlike many other sources of information. 

20 hours ago, Freez1 said:

COVID-19 was not transmitted to humans by nature. It was developed in a lab by mankind. This was a gift from China to the world. It may have leaked from a lab but it was designed for a biological weapon I don’t care what anyone says. 

 

20 hours ago, zep73 said:

It shows that SARS-CoV-2 was present in nature before the outbreak.
It does not exclude a lab leak, but it makes it much less likely. In fact so much less likely, that it is becoming a conspiracy theory.

 

7 hours ago, third_eye said:

The greater concern for now is the CDC the world over will just keep silent about new pathogens detected just to avoid being dragged into the geopolitical pot of stink... 

~

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
23 hours ago, zep73 said:

It shows that SARS-CoV-2 was present in nature before the outbreak.
It does not exclude a lab leak, but it makes it much less likely. In fact so much less likely, that it is becoming a conspiracy theory.

Dosen't this just show something similar was present in the environment pre-covid?

Gain of function would be taking something from the environment and then changing it to a mutation that could happen.

We haven't found the animal Covid jumped from yet to my knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
23 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Dosen't this just show something similar was present in the environment pre-covid?

Gain of function would be taking something from the environment and then changing it to a mutation that could happen.

We haven't found the animal Covid jumped from yet to my knowledge.

Hey Max, you make some great points, however the Laboratory Theory is pretty well debunked. While Gain of Function could be used for many things including simple Scientific research which was actually designed for that doesnt explain why they are finding Bats infected with almost the exact same Virus that represented the Virus from tests in the original outbreak in 2019. Anyone one of those three Viruses discovered in Laos could also Mutate into an act in ever detail Virus just like the first version of SARS-Cov-2.https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02596-2

Please do me a favor and read this article in the link below, it is a Peer reviewed Journal that was published 16 September 2021. When you click on the link it will take you to the site, then you must click on PDF to have full free access to the entire paper. https://pdf.sciencedirectassets.com

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

First, at least understand what a virus actually is... 

Quote

 

[00.05:16]

~

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
8 hours ago, third_eye said:

First, at least understand what a virus actually is... 

[00.05:16]

~

 

Very good point and many most likely don't understand this at all.

Thanks for sharing.:tu:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
On 9/25/2021 at 9:03 PM, Manwon Lender said:

…Researchers say that parts of their genetic code bolster claims that the virus behind COVID-19 has a natural origin — but their discovery also raises fears that there are numerous coronaviruses with the potential to infect …

Of course it’s “natural,” and there are more where the sun met a human mouth. A rare concept, not found in any other artwork that men have created, save mine, and noted in my signature here.

With these credentials, I warned of a war with the Earth, several years ago, including a special danger of that “war.” This “war cry” included some iconic imagery, which fit the present peril, very well.

The principle target of this war, was also outlined in advance, and Mother Earth expelled her enemy from the highest office, and from his stronghold.

So what peril is next as the war continues? For starters the SARS COV-2 virus is infecting a wide array of new mammalian species. When was the last time we saw something like that? Did the 1918 Spanish Flu do that?

Spike Protein - https://youtu.be/_MZtGY-6PSQ

Quote

 

I suspect that Donald Trump thinks his appearance in the year of a solar eclipse, stretching from sea to shining sea, is purely by accident also.

War with the earth is like trying to land a man on the sun. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.