Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida police tell residents to shoot ex-marine on the run

Eldorado

Police in Florida have told residents to shoot a former US marine who is on the run after allegedly killing a sheriffs’ deputy during a traffic stop.

Bill Leeper, the sheriff of Nassau County in Florida, described suspect Patrick McDowell as a “rabid animal” and warned residents to “blow him out the door” if he tried to break into their house.

On Monday morning his department raised the reward for information leading to McDowell’s capture to $54,000 after deputy Joshua Moyers died of his wounds on Sunday afternoon.

Mr Leeper said: “If you’re in a home, and he breaks in your home and you have a gun, blow him out the door. Because he’s like a rabid animal. He will kill you.”

MSN

I don’t see a problem with this. If someone armed and dangerous breaks into your home, the use of lethal force should be non-controversial. 

• Like 2

So they caught the guy: ‘Coward’ Who Allegedly Shot and Killed Deputy in Traffic Stop Has Been Arrested (msn.com)

I have to say that Sheriff Leeper embodies what is wrong with the police system with his comments and if the beatings of Matthew Thompson are true.  An officer should be objective- Leeper is (to put it mildly) more into lynching than seeing justice done.  

Meanwhile, another Florida man has come forward and said that deputies beat him up during the search for McDowell. Matthew Thompson, sporting a black eye and other visible injuries, told WJXT that he was doing yard work at his uncle’s home when a K-9 attacked him.

“The night of the shooting, I was at my uncle’s house, helping him clean his yard up, and I went outside to check a fire, and next thing I knew, I had a dog on my arm and had about 10 cops beating me up and took me to the hospital and handcuffed me to the bed,” Thompson told the outlet in a Tuesday report. “They released me yesterday.”

if the cop who got killed acted the same way as those above, maybe there is a good reason he got shot. 

• Like 1