Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV show sparks privacy debate

Silver

5 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Agreed. As long as businesses have the option of accepting unvaccinated customers i will be fine. As soon as there are mandates that prevent shops from making these decisions i take it you will be on my side?

You have something better than me on your side.  So far there have been no federal mandates, only municipal and state ones.  However even a governor cannot necessarily make a mandate stick.  We do have the judiciary, free and independent of the other two branches.   If a mandate is questioned as being in violation of the Constitution, if will be thrown out even if it takes the Supreme Court to do it.  

I will agree to abide by the decision of the court without reservation. I am not yet twice your age, but I have 30 years on you.  In that time I have seen the end of polio, smallpox, measles, and mumps.  I had an uncle that died of diphtheria before I was born and whooping cough and pertussis were infant diseases that were eradicated with vaccines.  Infant mortality has continued to decrease even in your lifetime.   So although I see medical reasons not to take a vaccine, I have trouble understanding why it is a freedom or political issue.

Luckily, I don't have to understand that point of view, I just have to follow the Supreme Court's lead.

• Thanks 1