Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Universal driving force that controls everything is Cause and Effect .

Grim Reaper 6

14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

a-huge-statue-of-a-multi-armed-buddha-si

Which ones?

Dam Durga would certainly come in handy in a fight!:w00t::D

10 hours ago, Abramelin said:

@Manwon Lender

Ok, Manwon, did you ever hear of the Anglo-Saxon concept of the "Web of Wyrd"?

Or Brian Bates?

Google it, please.

Before t day I had never heard of the Web of Wyrd or Brian Bates, however I googled them both!

On 9/30/2021 at 6:10 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Hey my friend I hope this reply finds you and yours in good health and safe. To me Spirituality and Philosophies are not in any way the same as Religious beliefs.

Hi Manwon

This is fine as a personal statement but in reality some do practice spirituality and philosophy in the same manner as religion so they should not be excluded from consideration

For me good and bad are the same as positive or negative, both are defined by society,

Unless we spoke in greater depth I would tend to agree with you

both are defined by society, but in reality our own actions and thoughts can transcend the definition society places upon these ideals. For some people there is no separation between good are bad and they believe they can do anything without consequences, and these people are mentally unwell and dangerous.

There are things society infers should be accepted, I look at the person and the situation before making a preliminary decision, sometimes the council of others is biased and I am a critical man. Sometimes bad men need good bad guys to straighten them out because the bad good  guys are too busy kissing a$$

I am retired military and I have spent close to half my life in military service or as a Contractor for the US Government. I have seen the results of good and bad in many countries around this world, and based upon what I have been involved with and what I have seen my concept of good and bad or positive and negative most likely are not the same as yours. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction there is no blurring of the concept and the cause of things that occur in our lives isn't the important thing to consider, how we respond to these events is all that matters.

In some ways we are not so different in that we had our own battlefields and can appreciate the situations you have been in.

Our response can create balance or chaos and this will effect us and everyone around us, especially those we love. While I agree that life should and must be Experienced and that experience can be positive or negative based upon our actions. By maintaining balance and by learning to suppressing our ego and our negative thoughts we can still experience life, the difference is simple we can experience living like a leaf in a tornado or by standing strong against the wind and taking life on according to our own terms.

Yes of course but we do have to consider how we affect others, some people do not have our skills and if they try to emulate us then they or their family could suffer which is why I do things in private no stories told.

Edited by jmccr8
not sure
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Ok, nevermind.

I found a link to what I posted about it from more than a decade ago.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spiritualitydiscussiongroup/the-way-of-wyrd-t713.html

It's a kind of summary of a book written by Brian Bates.

Edited to add:

It's a bit of a long read, but it's worth it.

And, if I have to believe it all, it's our European spiritual heritage.

Talking about 'spirit', hmm... I think I should quit for the night.

Well, my parents were German immigrants that immigrated to the United States in the early 1950s from Flensburg, Germany and I was born in the Unuted States 1959. My family was the only branch of our family line that ever move to and lived in the United States, and I am the only one left outside of Germany. All of my living relatives exist either in Northern Germany or in Denmark. A few hours after we stopped our conversation last I also tried to sleep, it was approximately 12:40 AM.

All hell broke lose around 3 hours later, we had a thunder and lightning storm come through, and fricken Thor was beating the hell out of his hammer. :DIt's currently 3:05 PM here and I have been awake since approximately 3:35 AM this morning. So trust me I know exactly how you feel, I am a bit out of it right now.

Take Care. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 1:29 AM, Cookie Monster said:

If you want someone to give you the full run down on quantum mechanics then I cannot do that, it would take hours, and you would disagree with most of it seeing it as too crazy to be real. You will need to get a book written for the layman.

But then you couldn't do it even if you were given a million years.  Half the stuff you make up on the spot.  Quantum mysticism is not quantum mechanics

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 1:46 AM, Cookie Monster said:

You have to be careful because an a lot of quantum mechanics is backed up by experiments which show that reality is really is weird.

Like you being able to see quantum decoherence? :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Did you actually read that?  Measuring entanglement has nothing to do with you seeing quantum decoherence.

http://arxiv-export-lb.library.cornell.edu/abs/2009.12902

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Did you actually read that?  Measuring entanglement has nothing to do with you seeing quantum decoherence.

What is this post about exactly?

I`ll be more Specific. Let me ask about the apparent correction of my view with `measuring entanglement has nothing to do with you seeing quantum decoherence`. Why have you posted that reply? What comment of mine is that a reply too? What relevance does it have to my post? Where is the conclusion (even though I dont know why you are bringing up) saying this in the article? Please show us.

Here it is again: https://www.sciencealert.com/quantum-entanglement-has-now-been-directly-observed-at-a-larger-macroscopic-scale

What is this post about exactly?

Do you remember this?  You are claiming you can see quantum decoherence with your eyes.

I`ll be more Specific. Let me ask about the apparent correction of my view with `measuring entanglement has nothing to do with you seeing quantum decoherence`. Why have you posted that reply? What comment of mine is that a reply too? What relevance does it have to my post? Where is the conclusion (even though I dont know why you are bringing up) saying this in the article? Please show us.

Because measuring entanglement is not the same as you, Cookie Monster, seeing objects undergoing decoherence with your eyes.

Here is the link to the paper: [2009.12902] Quantum-mechanics free subsystem with mechanical oscillators (cornell.edu)

Nothing to do with your hallucinations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

Do you remember this?  You are claiming you can see quantum decoherence with your eyes.

Because measuring entanglement is not the same as you, Cookie Monster, seeing objects undergoing decoherence with your eyes.

Here is the link to the paper: [2009.12902] Quantum-mechanics free subsystem with mechanical oscillators (cornell.edu)

Nothing to do with your hallucinations.

Why are you now using other posts?

I asked a specific question in response to a specific reply from you to a specific post of mine.

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Why are you now using other posts?

I asked a specific question in response to a specific reply from you to a specific post of mine.

Ok then. Your specific post did not address my original question of "Like you being able to see quantum decoherence?"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Ok then. Your specific post did not address my original question of "Like you being able to see quantum decoherence?"

Thats enough of debating with you, you are on ignore.

• Haha 2

On 10/1/2021 at 7:25 AM, third_eye said:

Winged or Robed angels? 

~

99267aac03541d9f12ad1e72ab4dabe6.jpg&f=1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:04 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Sir Issac Newton came to the conclusion in his Third Law of Motion that "" for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."" Well this cause and effect drives every action of everything since Singularity or Big Bang that created the Universe occurred. From the smallest particle to matter and Antimatter and everything that has been created since the moment that event occurred. From the very moment our Universe became, a balance was created and that balance has been maintained and it effects everything throughout the Universe down to our very lives.

Understanding this Universal balance and how it effects us all on a individual basis in my opinion is where Spirituality comes from, it's all around us and it is the controlling force in our lives. Now this doesn't mean we have no control in fact it is just the opposite, if we  understand how to use this cause and effect in our lives we actually can become the master of our own destiny. When someone understands this and can then visualize this in all things around them it is possible to also experience a spiritual awaking within ourselves that is Universal in nature. 

In my opinion!

Please add your thoughts on this philosophy 

It sounds like a philosophy based on science.  I don't agree that we are the masters of our own destiny, but I do believe in Sir Isaac Newton's work, and cause and effect as being the driving force of the universe.  

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 3:26 PM, Cookie Monster said:

It doesnt, you are talking about 400 year old physics.

It does.  400 years is irrelevant, Sir Isaac Newton's observations have stood the test of time and his experiments can be repeated today with the same results.  

Today we know causes can come before effects, after effects, and at the same time as effects. We know things like atoms work off probabilities which is probabilistic causation and arises due to their indeterminism. There is interdependent origination (as Buddhists called it) or quantum non-locality (as physicists called it).

We know that causes do come before effects, based on observations.  It was true 400 years ago, and it's still true today.  Things like atoms don't work off of probabilities.  They work how they work, and science uses probabilities to describe what we think we observe about them with respect to their electron clouds and such, but that doesn't mean their effects come before causes.  I just disagree with you.  If you'd like to prove how some effects can occur before causes, maybe you can change my mind.  

• Like 3

On 9/29/2021 at 8:59 AM, Cookie Monster said:

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because physics is a subject most people don`t study beyond high school.

So, straight of the bat if you pick any Newtonian equations you like (and I will go for F=MA) then ask yourself where is the speed of light? All of Newtons equations assume space-time is flat (rather than curved), and the maximum speed limit is infinite.

If you are using F=MA to calculate how fast a car is going to travel per second then the answer appears correct. This is because you aren`t applying much force, the mass of the car is low, and its speed is unremarkable. So the error in what Newtonian Mechanics predicts and what actually is the case, is so small that when Newton released his mechanics it was too miniscule a difference to detect with the technology of the day. 

Using F=MA will not give you the speed of the car, and I don't understand why you think it would.  You need D=R/T to calculate the speed of the car.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

It sounds like a philosophy based on science.  I don't agree that we are the masters of our own destiny, but I do believe in Sir Isaac Newton's work, and cause and effect as being the driving force of the universe.  

Why don't you think we can be the masters of our destiny?

14 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Before t day I had never heard of the Web of Wyrd or Brian Bates, however I googled them both!

Yeah.

Every Angry-Saxon and their European counterparts know everything about Eastern philosophies and religions.

Why? Because they apparently forgot about their own heritage.

This guy, Brian Bates, thinks he knows what that heritage was all about.

I have my doubts, but his ideas are attractive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Yeah.

Every Angry-Saxon and their European counterparts know everything about Eastern philosophies and religions.

Why? Because they apparently forgot about their own heritage.

This guy, Brian Bates, thinks he knows what that heritage was all about.

I have my doubts, but his ideas are attractive.

I will have to take a look at his work, if you recommend it sound good to me. As for me, I am a Angry American Saxon,:D but I am different than the European version, I am aware of heritage going back 800 years, and my wife can cook all,types of German Foods.

Take Care 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Why don't you think we can be the masters of our destiny?

Control.  Master of our own destiny means we can decide what we wish the outcome to be and have the means to accomplish it.  We don’t have that capability.  We have the ability to give it a go, to ATTEMPT to obtain the outcome we desire, but we can be easily offset by powers which are beyond our control.  Therefore, I don’t consider us Masters, I consider us rookies, plebeians, initiates if you will.

As an example, let’s say we decide to be the master of our own destiny, and aspire to be a neurosurgeon.  We take the ten years of effort, complete all the studies, internships, whathaveyou, and then on the morning that we are to be “pinned” receive our credentials and realize our destiny that we have chosen, we wake up with a brain aneurysm and die.  Masters of our own destiny?  No.  We are not though we may think we are.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I will have to take a look at his work, if you recommend it sound good to me. As for me, I am a Angry American Saxon,:D but I am different than the European version, I am aware of heritage going back 800 years, and my wife can cook all,types of German Foods.

Take Care 

"Fire and Ice".

Nothing else but your "Yin and Yang".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Abramelin said:

"Fire and Ice".

Nothing else but your "Yin and Yang".

Yes Sir your correct!!:tu: